Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I get what your saying but I see things from a different perspective- My son loves to compete and is good for his age. At his position he is the top two to three that we have seen in league play and Timbers Discovery. Long term I expect him to play college ball and transition from college athlete/ student into adult life just like his parents did. Soccer will be a fun memory with lessons learned from winning and losing.

No doubt that the Timbers Academy hasn't been successful in growing talent locally. Their teams have not won a ton of games either. They likely will not have a 08 TA club instead choosing to keep a "discovery program" open. This saves them money but also lets everyone know their hearts are not into developing youth. To me this will be a disappointment but it is expected.

The DP, in a sense, is not a bad deal for the kids. First off, it is free training from a different set of coaches than the kid gets normally. Plus they get to meet kids from other teams that they play against all year long and build cool relationships with them.
    I too believe that the Timbers will do the bare minimum that MLS requires. Essentially signaling that they have this program because they HAVE to..... not because they WANT to develop talent. This reinforces the need for strong local clubs that are focused on growing kids, keeping kids and building successful programs. If the Timbers are not dedicated to the youth then the youth should not be dedicated to them.

Comment

I get what your saying but I see things from a different perspective- My son loves to compete and is good for his age. At his position he is the top two to three that we have seen in league play and Timbers Discovery. Long term I expect him to play college ball and transition from college athlete/ student into adult life just like his parents did. Soccer will be a fun memory with lessons learned from winning and losing.

No doubt that the Timbers Academy hasn't been successful in growing talent locally. Their teams have not won a ton of games either. They likely will not have a 08 TA club instead choosing to keep a "discovery program" open. This saves them money but also lets everyone know their hearts are not into developing youth. To me this will be a disappointment but it is expected.

The DP, in a sense, is not a bad deal for the kids. First off, it is free training from a different set of coaches than the kid gets normally. Plus they get to meet kids from other teams that they play against all year long and build cool relationships with them.
      It's funny that you think your son is in the top two or three...what a strange thing to say. Yet, he is not in the Timbers Academy? I am sure that your son hears you speak this nonsense. What happens if he does not play college? All the BS you have been feeding him is going to backfire. Even if you or your child is talented, be humble enough to keep your expectations to yourself. You are an embarrassment! I am going to make a guess...you are an ADF parent?

Comment

It's funny that you think your son is in the top two or three...what a strange thing to say. Yet, he is not in the Timbers Academy? I am sure that your son hears you speak this nonsense. What happens if he does not play college? All the BS you have been feeding him is going to backfire. Even if you or your child is talented, be humble enough to keep your expectations to yourself. You are an embarrassment! I am going to make a guess...you are an ADF parent?
        Right. Speak it sister.

Word is no Timbers Academy. No Timbers Discovery. No nothing for the 08's. Your all a bunch of self righteous Tools.

Comment

Timbers decided not to do 08 TA. There will be "discovery program" for 07 & 08. Announcing they are only going to have U15 U17 only. About half their coaches to get pink slips this week. Heard this from upper management.

Comment

Timbers decided not to do 08 TA. There will be "discovery program" for 07 & 08. Announcing they are only going to have U15 U17 only. About half their coaches to get pink slips this week. Heard this from upper management.
            This was revealed last winter pre covid 19 and even as far back as 2019

Only u15 i17

Yawn

Comment

This was revealed last winter pre covid 19 and even as far back as 2019

Only u15 i17

Yawn
              If it was revealed previously don't you think the coaches would have already known and would have found new jobs?? Their just finding out this week.

Comment

If it was revealed previously don't you think the coaches would have already known and would have found new jobs?? Their just finding out this week.
                This is what happens when tools can't take the time to read the writing on the wall smack in front of them.

Sunderland knew it and jetted this haystack long ago, like our good friend Thanos always told us, this was inevitable.

Comment

Today they finally made a decision. There will only be U15, U17 and U19 teams

Comment

Yawn.....so late.

Comment

The TA continues to show why the program sucks.

Comment

A coworker has a friend of a friend who has a friend that lives near a guy that talks to a waiter that has a sister that dates a coaches son from the TA. The word is that they will have 08 TA and only top kids will be going. All 7 of them. Not Yawn guys or I don't care guys sons cause that are not very good. Poor kids are terrible and never were invited to the vaunted high energy Timbers Discovery day camp.

Comment

A coworker has a friend of a friend who has a friend that lives near a guy that talks to a waiter that has a sister that dates a coaches son from the TA. The word is that they will have 08 TA and only top kids will be going. All 7 of them. Not Yawn guys or I don't care guys sons cause that are not very good. Poor kids are terrible and never were invited to the vaunted high energy Timbers Discovery day camp.
                          Isolation can produce these types of awkward & reality detached narratives, it happens.

I do care about your mental health and I'm not yawning at your mental state.

Remember we are all in this together.

But, as tough as it is for you to swallow, the Timbers DA has suffered a fate worse than the proverbial Thanos finger snap.

Poof.....

Comment

Isolation can produce these types of awkward & reality detached narratives, it happens.

I do care about your mental health and I'm not yawning at your mental state.

Remember we are all in this together.

But, as tough as it is for you to swallow, the Timbers DA has suffered a fate worse than the proverbial Thanos finger snap.

Poof.....
                            Isolation? This shows how discombobulated you are. Isolation is so yesterday.... We are protesting now with a side of destruction and have forgotten COVID- but only till the protest are over.... then COVID lockdown for sure.

No more Pok Pok wings either. Liberals doing a great job of killing businesses.....

yawn.

Comment

Isolation? This shows how discombobulated you are. Isolation is so yesterday.... We are protesting now with a side of destruction and have forgotten COVID- but only till the protest are over.... then COVID lockdown for sure.

No more Pok Pok wings either. Liberals doing a great job of killing businesses.....

yawn.
                              Isolating is all you could do, with your litany of underlying conditions....

Clown Yawn...

Comment

If there are any real people still following the thread an email is our from the TA that goes over exactly whats happening. Check your email and we will see you later.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X