Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > College Soccer > College Soccer Talk

College Soccer Talk College Soccer Information that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Old 10-14-2012
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
4 of 10 incoming freshman from PDA. If your going to mae statements let's get fact straight .
Just looked at the current roster - 5 of 10 (Half). Sad.
Old 04-06-2013
Reflections on the banks

Default A sad day in the State of RU Athletics

In reviewing all of the posts here, we are struck by how the alleged misogynist treatment, discrimination, and harrassment against players of the Rutgers Women's Soccer team has been dismissed and ignored by the administration, even though the majority of the players that have made it through the program have brought this up in their exit interviews and frequently having given fair notice many times before that. Is there one single positive exit interview that could defend the program? Scott Minto, as quoted in Bloomberg article on April 4, 2013, says, "With players on year-to-year scholarships and afraid to speak out about improper coaching behavior, itís the responsibility of administrators such as Pernetti and Barchi to protect them." In light of the events surrounding the Rutgers Athletics this week, does video have to be produced and shared with the media in order for the proper measures to be taken to protect these young women from this point forward at least? Is it the case that the women's soccer program is not one that merits the school's or the media's attention? Isn't that indicative of gender bias in and of itself?
Old 04-25-2013
Unregistered

Sadly, this is true at alot of universities, large and small -- not just Rutgers. Don't just accept an offer somewhere without watching some practice sessions/games--see the style of play, how the team interacts with each other and with the coaches. You'll learn more that way than listening to the coach's b.s.
Remember, you'll spend most of your time with your team/coaches.
Old 04-25-2013
Unregistered

Maybe it's time for some of the team girls at Rutgers to bring the coach's behavior to the AD's attention. I imagine after the Basketball incident, they would have low tolerance for this type of behavior from any coach in any sport.
Old 05-10-2013
#Observer

Exclamation Pattern

Top Drawer Soccer posted upcoming commitments: > 70% PDA.
Old 05-31-2013
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Maybe it's time for some of the team girls at Rutgers to bring the coach's behavior to the AD's attention. I imagine after the Basketball incident, they would have low tolerance for this type of behavior from any coach in any sport.
This is a funny comment knowing who the AD is and the history there. Rutgers is a joke. I feel sorry for the athletes and students of this school because if you are on the outside looking in, it's not a school that is respected and it is tainted now. Consistent bad decisions by the AD's and administration turning a blind eye and not dealing with things properly. Poor hiring decisions and it just continues. If the Big Ten had delayed their decision on expansion, Rutgers would be stuck in the American Athletic Conference. It would be UCONN or Cinn in that spot. I'm sure the Big Ten is kicking themselves now. But they have to brush it under the carpet, they have egg all over their face now.
Old 06-06-2013
Unregistered

Default college coach

I've been looking for a college coaching job for some time now. I haven't gotten many interivews. I am an excellent coach and really care about the players. Anyone know a college that is looking for a good coach with excellent credentials?
Old 09-10-2015

Cool Current Situation?

It's been a while since this thread was posted and it raises some serious concerns for those considering this school. Any updates on the current situation?