Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head to head - refereeing decision

Two midfielders go up for a header (u16B).
    Both jump straight up with eyes on the ball.
    Both players close their eyes as they snap their heads towards the ball.

The blue player gets to the ball first and puts his forehead to it.
    Having ended up second best, the red player ends up putting his forehead into the side of the head of the blue player. After that distictive click of a bone on bone collision, both players end up on the ground holding their heads.

OK, ref. What do you do now?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK, ref. What do you do now?
    Most refs would let it go as incidental contact if it truly is even play with full intention on ball attack.

However most rule books also state that a player must be in control of their bodies at all times so technically could call the second player since there was no ball contact and was body contact.

Personally I couldn't make the call without seeing the play.

Comment

Consider possibility for serious injury, otherwise, PLAY ON!

Comment

If the Blue team is the home team - Red Card for the Red player - Violent Conduct 6 game suspension, Strike 1 under FYSA Rule 502.5. If the Red team is the home team, play on.

Comment

The ref should send the players back to Rec soccer. They must suck if they close their eyes before they head the ball.

Comment

The ref should send the players back to Rec soccer. They must suck if they close their eyes before they head the ball.
            http://xtra.skybet.com/betting-news/...core-4-headers

yep, closing your eyes when you head the ball is proof that you suck at soccer.

Comment

http://xtra.skybet.com/betting-news/...core-4-headers

yep, closing your eyes when you head the ball is proof that you suck at soccer.
              He was not closing his eyes, he was looking if he was going to land in an ant pile

Comment

Originally posted by Frank O Pinion View Post
                Most refs would let it go as incidental contact if it truly is even play with full intention on ball attack.

However most rule books also state that a player must be in control of their bodies at all times so technically could call the second player since there was no ball contact and was body contact.

Personally I couldn't make the call without seeing the play.
                OK, I realize that this board is just for fun, and I know soccer is new to the US.....
                But seriously, how can anyone NOT know that getting head-butted is a foul?

Comment

OK, I realize that this board is just for fun, and I know soccer is new to the US.....
                  But seriously, how can anyone NOT know that getting head-butted is a foul?
                  As I said, without seeing the play I can't make the call. Tripping is a foul too, but if both players are going for the ball and trip on the contact there is usually no foul called even if one player gets more player than ball (I have the shin scars to prove it LOL).

If one has contact and the other doesn't - it's a foul ... but many refs will let it go as incidental as long as there was no after-the-play effort to actually strike the other player. Not saying it's right, but it's often the call.

Ironically we've probably all sat through games where the ref calls all non-ball contact and groaned with the other parents as we sit through yet another free kick. We groan at the interuption, but "technically" its probably the right call. One of the many reasons it truly sucks to ref! ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank O Pinion View Post
                    As I said, without seeing the play I can't make the call. Tripping is a foul too, but if both players are going for the ball and trip on the contact there is usually no foul called even if one player gets more player than ball (I have the shin scars to prove it LOL).

If one has contact and the other doesn't - it's a foul ... but many refs will let it go as incidental as long as there was no after-the-play effort to actually strike the other player. Not saying it's right, but it's often the call.

Ironically we've probably all sat through games where the ref calls all non-ball contact and groaned with the other parents as we sit through yet another free kick. We groan at the interuption, but "technically" its probably the right call. One of the many reasons it truly sucks to ref! ;)
                    Come on, Frank. There's a player on the ground from a head butt (deliberate or not, it's still reckless). A foul for certain, and a yellow card in any game I've ever been in (although I will admit I have never played or reffed in Argentina, so there might be exceptions LOL)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X