Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That's a bunch of comical hair-splitting.

"ECNL doesn't care who gets it"? Nonsense. If that was true they'd allow OCYS to hold tryouts. ECNL is very cautious about brand management. They were also very specific about WHO brought ECNL to Florida- HM.

OCYS is in a huge bind. They have to bring in HM or lose the league.
    Completely false and not hairsplitting. I don't mean they don't care about anyone in particular. They just don't care between Hm and OC. If HM walked away ECNL is fine with OC and vice versa.

Comment

I have several close friends that played on Winter Springs HS team - they absolutely LOVED him. Thought he was fabulous and were very upset when he left. I have never met the man, but that is what I have heard.
      Thanks, sounds unbiased. Looking like a good option.

Comment

Completely false and not hairsplitting. I don't mean they don't care about anyone in particular. They just don't care between Hm and OC. If HM walked away ECNL is fine with OC and vice versa.
        You know nothing about this league.

ECNL would have no problem with having the designation 'given" to a startup club with no history and hasn't even formed teams yet? LOL There's not even an application from FKK on file-because the club is barely 2 months old. HM is a good administrator, but even he doesn't have that clout.

The problem is that OCYS has demonstrated their incompetence. They do not comply with league standards that were originally set up at CFK. It's obvious they can't be part of the league. On the other hand, FKK by itself doesn't qualify, either- despite HM's involvement. It's just not qualified- you can't just hang a sign out and print t-shirts..

The two need to figure out how to work together if ECNL is to remain in central Florida. That means OCYS' size, history and resources paired with HM's structure, vision and credentials.

In this scenario, OCYS needs HM more than he needs them. HM wins. Otherwise, bye bye to ECNL

Comment

They've never been told not to. They stopped all mention of ECNL until it gets worked out on their own.
          ^^^ This is laughable. If you're not a member of the Directorship, you must be a koolaid drinking stooge to even have the balls to type this drivel.

Comment

You are the perfect ocys parent Or mushroom. Totally in the dark, and have been feed ocys directorship crap all year and didn't even know it. Get engaged and understand what is going on for the benefit and development of your kid.
            You need to relax. What is your ax to grind? I am not an OC parent. My. Kid wanted to try out and we showed up. That is it. My point is I see the culture clash. The OC coaches are from the Academy culture where parents are not part of the development because parents do not pay for soccer at the Euro Academies. They are nothing more than fans. In the old CFK culture, the parent was the focus. That is who you had to sell. That is who made player decisions. I prefer to let my 15-year old daughter work with the coach on her development. She will be driving herself to practice next year and it is high time she learned how to handle herself with her coach. In fact, our last team I was not even on the coaches email. She was responsible for ALL her soccer commitments, including communicating with the coach. Good luck with kindergarten soccer. Make sure you pack snack for FKK practices so you can feed your child while HM tells you how smart you are for giving him your money.

Comment

You know nothing about this league.

ECNL would have no problem with having the designation 'given" to a startup club with no history and hasn't even formed teams yet? LOL There's not even an application from FKK on file-because the club is barely 2 months old. HM is a good administrator, but even he doesn't have that clout.

The problem is that OCYS has demonstrated their incompetence. They do not comply with league standards that were originally set up at CFK. It's obvious they can't be part of the league. On the other hand, FKK by itself doesn't qualify, either- despite HM's involvement. It's just not qualified- you can't just hang a sign out and print t-shirts..

The two need to figure out how to work together if ECNL is to remain in central Florida. That means OCYS' size, history and resources paired with HM's structure, vision and credentials.

In this scenario, OCYS needs HM more than he needs them. HM wins. Otherwise, bye bye to ECNL
              I really hope that he thinks that way!! Oh I hope he does!!!!

Comment

I really hope that he thinks that way!! Oh I hope he does!!!!
                Actually, it appears ECNL is the one thinking that way. That's why they refuse to allow OCYS to proceed with tryouts, despite all the promises the club has made to improve. ECNL doesn't want to have to yank the league away- they want OCYS to swallow it's English arrogance, admit they've made mistakes and figure out a way to get HM back in the fold.

Comment

Some of those failures were you fearless leader. Some were undermined operations. Others were OC direct fault. Either way, first tournament post HM has 130 teams. Tryouts are running well and less people trying to start crap everywhere. I think that speaks volumes about who was to blame.
                  WOW! Someone stating the obvious and the trolls have nothing to say about it for 2 pages.

Let's recap - the Director of Operations fails to deliver on 3 tournaments - he's fired - and the next tournament looks has a decent number of teams.

The crazy parents are gone, and the tryouts are running well...

Looks obvious to me what the problem was.

And this is probably why ECNL is taking their time - they know that through time competing they will be able to see more clearly as they have to make a choice.

Comment

You need to relax. What is your ax to grind? I am not an OC parent. My. Kid wanted to try out and we showed up. That is it. My point is I see the culture clash. The OC coaches are from the Academy culture where parents are not part of the development because parents do not pay for soccer at the Euro Academies. They are nothing more than fans. In the old CFK culture, the parent was the focus. That is who you had to sell. That is who made player decisions. I prefer to let my 15-year old daughter work with the coach on her development. She will be driving herself to practice next year and it is high time she learned how to handle herself with her coach. In fact, our last team I was not even on the coaches email. She was responsible for ALL her soccer commitments, including communicating with the coach. Good luck with kindergarten soccer. Make sure you pack snack for FKK practices so you can feed your child while HM tells you how smart you are for giving him your money.
                    "In the old CFK culture the parent was the focus" ??

Dude- what planet did you wake up on? When HM arrived at CFU and began shifting attitudes and culture he almost got run out of town by parents because he didn't let them sway him. go back and research TS threads from back then and try to square your bizarre statement with the info you find.

You obviously know NOTHING about the man, his management style or his club philosophy. The above post is about as close to 100% fantasy as I've ever read on here. Tell thr truth- have you EVER even spoken to him? Has your kid ever played in a club run by HM?

Comment

go for it.......

Comment

WOW! Someone stating the obvious and the trolls have nothing to say about it for 2 pages.

Let's recap - the Director of Operations fails to deliver on 3 tournaments - he's fired - and the next tournament looks has a decent number of teams.

And this is probably why ECNL is taking their time - they know that through time competing they will be able to see more clearly as they have to make a choice.
                        As usual, idiots like you making up facts as it suits your pathetic arguments. HM was not responsible for the tournaments- and two of them were announced and cancelled AFTER he left. So was "soccer 360", so was the "College ID camp" debacle. So was a "3v3 tournament". All the embarrassing memos that were later retracted. The list goes on.

you're so intent on rationalizing the failures of your club and scapegoating one guy it's comical... But you can't change history or the facts.

Comment

Decent # of teams because vast majority are OCYS teams so more like glorified scrimmages but you have to pay. And I'm sure you know the failed tournaments are not attributed to HM.

Comment

...you're so intent on rationalizing the failures of your club and scapegoating one guy it's comical... But you can't change history or the facts.
                            Lets review what was said in and what happened - it isn't too surprising that ECNL struggled, HM left and FKK was created. The seeds of dissension and inability to work together for the good of all the girls was there from the start. Interestingly despite predictions of failure for the boys side - the Rush and OCYS coaches seemed to be able to get over their differences and make it work.

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/sh...162#post772162
                            5 ECNL teams ...........2 Coaches wow that's spread a little thin
                            Naahhh. Both those guys are full timers. EQ & HM will do fine.
                            Results: Poor results and insufficient coaching for most ECNL teams

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/sh...postcount=1001
                            HM is not AH's back up. HM has no say over any coaches etc. He is a glorified scheduler as best I can tell. BP, AH and GB are still running the show. This just puts every coach directly accountable to AH which is much different than answering directly to GB. I didn't see this coming but it makes sense. I can't wait to see what else shakes out.
                            http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/sh...postcount=1006
                            Why is everyone trying to rationalize HM s role? It says "Director of Soccer Operations". It then says what he will be doing. He will have a big role at OCYS. Get over it.
                            Sounds like odyssey getting this right. Ah over all of it, hm over ecnl and day to day ops, and bp doing the administration. Gb will weasel his way into something but most people know he is in way over his head.
                            Results: HM detractors and supporters where there in 2012. HM didn't get the power he wanted and he didn't like it. GB (love him or hate him) told AH/PR what they wanted to hear - worked to implement the OC system - and grabbed more authority as he supported Super-Y and sidestepped blame for how its problems by pointing to USL scheduling

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/sh...326#post502326
                            That's their goal, without doubt. But they have a long way to go- years.
                            i hear they are going to become an Academy
                            Results: OCYS comes in and makes a strategic agreement with FSA and RUSH - gets the DA. Then CFK sees this as an opportunity to create their "SUPER CLUB" merges with OCYS, but fails to foresee that those putting up the money wouldn't give the control to their guy.

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/sh...1&postcount=32
                            Previous ts bashes in ts about cfk, Hm, gb, ja etc
                            1. The merger wouldnt work. Too many egos.
                            - the club has won 3 consecutive u11 girls presidents cups, has done progressively better in each state cup, has grown in numbers and quality and gaine acceptance into the prestigious ecnl. 3 state finalists more than any other club.
                            2. Eos merger would fail.
                            -Club grew by 600 people and integrated many great families and players into every level of the club.
                            3. Fpl would fail.
                            - league doubled in size and only ecnl clubs from fpl.
                            4. Eq was overrated and coaching too many teams.
                            - 2 of his 3 teams are in the state finals. Beaten top ranked teams in the country including ecnl teams.

Seems every thing these guys touch turns to hold(sic). That is my opinion.
                            Results: It didn't work well; there were too many egos; and everything didn't turn to gold.

http://www.talking-soccer.com/TS4/sh...62&postcount=1
                            ...We now have no idea where we will practice. ... As HM responded from the stage to the gentleman who asked the question about knowing up front so he could base his decision on what team he wished to play with, “you will play where we tell you to play!” Nice one Hue.
                            * No high school for elite players. This is not so new for CFK people as HM has said this from day one. The unfortunate part is there was actual hope as the FSA people have been saying the club absolutely would support high school. Then again, they also said HM wasn’t running the show or involved. ... Oh wait I forgot about the ECNL commissioner who said “Most of our clubs play high school. We don’t tell our clubs to not play but I respect their decision”. Maybe they should have prepped the guest speaker?
                            * One of the most exciting things in the new merger meant no more FPL league. This has been HM’s baby and pretty no one else has wanted to do it. So much in fact many people were choosing to leave and join OCYS rather than continue playing in this league. Well joke is on us as apparently like the Hotel California, we can check out any time we like, but we can never leave.
                            * Adrian Heath. I think this is a positive but based on many of the other misinformation (lies) I would expect he is going to have nothing to do with the club....

It’s really depressing as OCYS has so much potential but in the end will be another backstabbing, how do I get ahead organization run by the same old money grubbers that have always tried to manipulate the system.
                            Results: Pretty much as predicted, too much backstabbing and failure to support the overall goals of the organization. Some giving it at least lip service to (or perhaps buying into) the "OC" way are still there - those that didn't are gone. HM was loved or hated even then.

Comment

"In the old CFK culture the parent was the focus" ??

Dude- what planet did you wake up on? When HM arrived at CFU and began shifting attitudes and culture he almost got run out of town by parents because he didn't let them sway him.
                              Have you lived in a soccer bubble your whole life? Perhaps come from the YMCA rec leagues? You clearly know nothing about youth sports. Can you imagine if someone said the same thing about Phil Ziglar when he was coaching at Boone. The man stood up to the parents and did not let them sway them? ***??!! What coach worth his salt ever let any parent sway them? Honestly. You do the research and get back to us on famous coaches that let mom and dad persuade him to let Landy or Mia have more playing time. Honestly, this is the problem with American Soccer. You idiots thing you are entitled to be involved in a kid's game. Let me clue you in on the rest of the sports world. You pay your fee, you get your kid to practice and games and you work the concession stand or registration when asked. You stay behind the fence (yes in real sports they have a fence around the field) and you do not have "coaches meetings" to discuss development of your precious little child. In real sports, your kid plays based on the merits of their performance. Your kid gets it, they play. They don't get it, they sit. You don't like it? Quit and go somewhere else.

But for some reason you soccer parents think you have a right to interject yourselves in your child's involvement of the team. You don't and, for future reference, you never will. Competitive sports is based on ability. You don't get points for perfect attendance - you get to hold a clipboard. Your kid does not get to play because you are involved in club. Your child does not get to choose their position because you volunteer to be team manager.

In the real world, you play based on your ability to help your team win. If you are slow but always at practice, you get to do more conditioning than everyone else. If you lack skills but are big and look imposing, you get to lead the team on to the field and then sit on the bench. If you are full of spirit but lack ability, you get to lead warm ups and then fetch everyone water.

I know this comes as a shock to you soccer parent. But you need to cut the cord and start letting your little one stand on their own two feet. It starts be being accountable and you have to be the one that allows that to happen. Otherwise you can go to a league where they still allow you to make a tunnel after the game.

Comment

Enlightenment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gETP1...e_gdata_player

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X