Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Umm... you're kinda spouting off with few facts. Some might call you an "idiot".

Is HM 'popular' among HS coaches? Probably not- but when it comes to soccer, popularity is really not his goal. He seems to be genuinely concerned about over-training and safety that happen because of the club/HS overlap here in Florida. he also has commented about the quality of HS training- which is generall y laccking (with a few notble exceptions, of course).

As to attending ceremonies with players on NLI Day back in February, I'm sure if you had the tiniest clue you would know he was INVITED to every one of them by players who wanted to acknowledge his impact on their soccer careers. You see, the VENUE for the signing is not important- it could be done anywhere. HS's LOVE it when an athlete chooses to sign an NLI at school so they can associate with the players' success- whether they had anything to do with it or not. If you know anything about soccer recruiting, you'd know that one's HS soccer accomplishments are not a big deal in the mix of considerations.

The fact that the players invite their club Director to the ceremony speaks volumes about the respect and admiration they have for HM.
    So, if the signings can be done anywhere, and HS soccer accomplishments are not a big deal, and HM is so influential and thinks HS soccer is counter-productive, then why have the signings at a high school?

Comment

I can answer that... the number of OCYS staff invited to attend college signing ceremonies last February was zero. Meanwhile, the little blue car was zipping all over Orlando from ceremony to ceremony...
      Bet those HS coaches were grinning from ear to ear when HM walked in, knowing HM's own players and families threw HM under the bus and nearly caused a revolt when they rebelled against HM's faioled attempt to ban high school soccer for ECNL.

Comment

So, if the signings can be done anywhere, and HS soccer accomplishments are not a big deal, and HM is so influential and thinks HS soccer is counter-productive, then why have the signings at a high school?
        the student athlete can have the signing anywhere he/she chooses. it's just a matter of the athlete signing two copies of the contract, and a parent/guardian signing.Several reasons to do it at HS:

1- As I said before- high Schools encourage the signings to be at school so as to get good press from the association.

2- National Signing Days occur for multiple sports on the same day. The schools generally make it a staged event with a backdrop and signage to make the ceremony fun and momentous.

3- National signing day often occurs on a weekday while school is in session, so it's convenient for the student.

4- The hS invites the press (see reason #1) and several ceremonies happen over the course of a couple hours in one room. Photos photos photos.

Comment

Bet those HS coaches were grinning from ear to ear when HM walked in, knowing HM's own players and families threw HM under the bus and nearly caused a revolt when they rebelled against HM's faioled attempt to ban high school soccer for ECNL.
          Maybe- but most of the HS coaches weren't invited to take part in the ceremonies- it's up to the athlete and his/her family who attends and takes part. Since a HS coach generally has little or no influence on a college choice and/or scholarship for soccer, those guys were probably "grinning ear to ear" in the darkened background.

Comment

Maybe- but most of the HS coaches weren't invited to take part in the ceremonies- it's up to the athlete and his/her family who attends and takes part. Since a HS coach generally has little or no influence on a college choice and/or scholarship for soccer, those guys were probably "grinning ear to ear" in the darkened background.

Is there anything that you people are not going to think about, seriously you have gone from one end of the spectrum to other and complained about everything that has little or no meaning to what has actually occured. You are here to just complain until you feel as though you have won. NEWS FLASH there will be no winner you have destroyed everything that could have been or should have been for your own self worth. You now will only have 6-8 strong players on each team in each age group all other are either hurt or are bench players filling the roster. You had a chance to make several great teams and instead you let an ego ruin that.

To the poster who posted several pages back regarding HS and HM and he was looking out for the health of the players. Can anyone really tell us the injury total because as for what everyone else can see the U16 team is racking up the ACL tears and those were the players from last years ECNL team and all or most occured during ECNL months after high school. I think OCYS purple had a total of 2 between all age groups all year.

Comment

Is there anything that you people are not going to think about, seriously you have gone from one end of the spectrum to other and complained about everything that has little or no meaning to what has actually occured. You are here to just complain until you feel as though you have won. NEWS FLASH there will be no winner you have destroyed everything that could have been or should have been for your own self worth. You now will only have 6-8 strong players on each team in each age group all other are either hurt or are bench players filling the roster. You had a chance to make several great teams and instead you let an ego ruin that.

To the poster who posted several pages back regarding HS and HM and he was looking out for the health of the players. Can anyone really tell us the injury total because as for what everyone else can see the U16 team is racking up the ACL tears and those were the players from last years ECNL team and all or most occured during ECNL months after high school. I think OCYS purple had a total of 2 between all age groups all year.
              I'm the poster who made the point that HM was concerned about health of players, but you have misconstrued the issue.

The concern is not necessarily with HS play ITSELF (although I would argue that HS play is in fact more dangerous than club play). The concern is due to the cumulative effect of playing BOTH HS and ECNL. HS practces almost every day, and has the potential to schedule a lot of league and tournament games. ECNL typically schedules 3/4 training per week, + additional fitness/weight training and games.

players do, in fact get injured. but I wasn't trying to clim HS is STATISTICALLY more dangerous, I was agreeing with HM's point- which is that OVERTRAINING is statistically more dangerous.

As to your other rant about "destroying" everything and egos- well, whatever.

Comment

I'm the poster who made the point that HM was concerned about health of players, but you have misconstrued the issue.

The concern is not necessarily with HS play ITSELF (although I would argue that HS play is in fact more dangerous than club play). The concern is due to the cumulative effect of playing BOTH HS and ECNL. HS practces almost every day, and has the potential to schedule a lot of league and tournament games. ECNL typically schedules 3/4 training per week, + additional fitness/weight training and games.

players do, in fact get injured. but I wasn't trying to clim HS is STATISTICALLY more dangerous, I was agreeing with HM's point- which is that OVERTRAINING is statistically more dangerous.

As to your other rant about "destroying" everything and egos- well, whatever.
                Even with the 3/4 training those players are still receiving more injuries overall than everything else combined, so there is no "Overtraining" unless HM is overtraining them. those injuries occured well after the HS season, so look at what you are agreeing with !!!! I know for a fact HM did not want the girls doing both because of wear and tear on the body, my point is the injuries the girls are receiving are long after HS season. So really it is no point in even brining that up as an excuse as to why he didn't want the girls playing. It is no secret that HM hates HS soccer as that is the only time he has no control over those players.

Comment

Oops. Should have proofed that. What I meant was the Florida high school season is during the peak ECNL season - thus too many games and practices.
                  Once again, not passing judgment on the decision to play, but it will be interesting to monitor OC/ECNL injuries this year with those teams participating in ECNL, State Cup and high school.
                  Not only do I know that you are sadly misinformed about other seasons but at our ECNL meeting a couple of weeks ago we were informed ECNL teams are shutting down during much of the high school season. They encouraged everyone who wants to play to play high school to play.

Comment

Not only do I know that you are sadly misinformed about other seasons but at our ECNL meeting a couple of weeks ago we were informed ECNL teams are shutting down during much of the high school season. They encouraged everyone who wants to play to play high school to play.
                    OCYS ECNL teams is what I'm referring to.

Comment

I guess 'shutting down' ECNL training for a few months is a good idea in your book? So much for "elite".

Comment

Thanks to the mound of OC attorneys who gathered at the ECNL offices and told them to plan the season for the rest of the country based on the Florida high school schedule. Now THAT'S power!
                        Thank you OC for looking out for the best interest of our girls!

Comment

Even with the 3/4 training those players are still receiving more injuries overall than everything else combined, so there is no "Overtraining" unless HM is overtraining them. those injuries occured well after the HS season, so look at what you are agreeing with !!!! I know for a fact HM did not want the girls doing both because of wear and tear on the body, my point is the injuries the girls are receiving are long after HS season. So really it is no point in even brining that up as an excuse as to why he didn't want the girls playing. It is no secret that HM hates HS soccer as that is the only time he has no control over those players.
                          It's hard to make sense of your rant, but I'll try:

1- try to consider the CUMULATIVE effect of overtraining, and you'll begin to understand my point. WHEN an injury happens is not important. WHY it happens is critical. Too much training and too many games over a given period of time.

2- "HM hates HS soccer "... okay, I'd probably say 'dislikes". But why do YOU think he "hates" it? I would say it's because of generally poor training, development of bad habits and tactics, a low level of competition, a higher level of dangerous play from untrained athletes, and injury from overtraining. I think those are perfectly good reasons for a Club Director to discourage participation in HS. what would be the point otherwise?

Comment

Oh, so that's why the list changed, because those D1 coaches from up north didn't want to come to Florida in the winter because of the cold. sorry, I didn't understand, I thought you were talking about the low turn out of players that they had.
                            You really are a d head! No one said anything about all of the D1 coaches from up north!

Comment

Yeah, those guys hate the Winter temps down here. bone-chilling.
                              Caroline, your dad Rich is such an a**hole!

Comment

Just received official notice that SR has been named as Executive Director and I assume will remain as Financial Controller because of his background. Appears SR will also be ECNL Technical Director. With all on his plate will SR still coach his assigned teams?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X