Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CFK/FKK Consolidated Thread

Let's start our own thread, "The NEW CFK Story of the Day".

On this thread we can post all developments and progress. Keep everyone well-informed with all factual information as it becomes available.

Let's leave the past (and OCYS) behind.
    Definitely
    25.13%
    Undecided need more info
    25.63%
    Definitely not
    49.25%

The poll is expired.

So Exciting!

Who are the principle organizers?
    For boys? Girls?
    Will this be a stand alone club or be tied to an existing club?
    DOC? Coaching staff? Board of Directors?
    With or without ECNL? USSDA?
    Location of facilities and fields?
    Affiliated with FYSA? USCS?
    Operational for 2013-14? Tryouts June 2013?
    Fees structure?

Other clubs (won't mention any names) have been criticized for lack of leadership and communication. Let's not repeat these same mistakes.

Please post factually and positively all the exciting news about the "new" CFK coming to central Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Who are the principle organizers? Can't say yet
      For boys? Girls? Both
      Will this be a stand alone club or be tied to an existing club? Not sure
      DOC? Coaching staff? Board of Directors? We are working on it
      With or without ECNL? USSDA? Not sure
      Location of facilities and fields? We are working on it
      Affiliated with FYSA? USCS? We are working on it
      Operational for 2013-14? Tryouts June 2013? Don't know yet
      Fees structure? We are working on it

Other clubs (won't mention any names) have been criticized for lack of leadership and communication. Let's not repeat these same mistakes. That is why we answered your questions as quick as possible

Please post factually and positively all the exciting news about the "new" CFK coming to central Florida.
      More to come

Comment

More to come
        When? Surely the organizers have a plan in place including a timeline.

Hopefully this isn't going to be another "fly by the seat of your pants" club like "you know who".

We're looking for effective leadership, good communication, strong organization and transparency.

Comment

More to come
          uh-oh not a good sign

bobbing and weaving right out of the gate

remember the last time in central florida when a club tried to throw together a new venture just a few months before tryouts? didnt work out so well

sure don't need a repeat of that and another wasted year

Comment

Maybe they should take next season as a planning process for a club opening during the 14-15 season.

Comment

So much for better communications, leadership and transparency.

"New" CFK? What "new" CFK?

Comment

So much for better communications, leadership and transparency.

"New" CFK? What "new" CFK?
                Lets give the OP the opportunity to release the information at the appropriate time. I think the questions on the second post are great and hopefully will be answered shortly. If you are happy with your current club, no need to even follow this thread. If you are interested in a new club, but don't feel comfortable with the timeframe you get the info, then excercise other options. It is that simple.

I for one am very interested in leaving OC. I will be leaving with or without ECNL. So, I do appreciate the OP making an initial effort to inform everyone of a new option for next year. I heard many rumors about the old CFK being reserected, so it appears there may be some truth behind it. I am also aware that specific information is time dependent.

As a suggestion to the OP, it would be nice if you could register so we know we are getting the info from a consistent source and not just any troll trying to distribute false data. Maybe something like "CFK News Source"????? Just a suggestion.

Comment

The LAST thing Orlando needs is another club with another "false start".

If there really is going to be a new CFK, they had better do it right from Day #1 especially after all their bellyaching about OCYS.

Comment

The LAST thing Orlando needs is another club with another "false start".

If there really is going to be a new CFK, they had better do it right from Day #1 especially after all their bellyaching about OCYS.
                    I agree. However, we are back to where we were, FSA and CFK. So, no more clubs than there was a year ago, just no mega club.

Comment

I agree. However, we are back to where we were, FSA and CFK. So, no more clubs than there was a year ago, just no mega club.
                      Not exactly...one has fields, the other doesn't. One has ECNL and USSDA, the other doesn't.

Comment

It's a long 145 mile drive from Winter Park to Ponte Vedra.

It's going to be a long, long 145 mile drive from Winter Park to Ponte Vedra when the JFC/PV application to ECNL is not accepted for 2013-14.

Comment

It's a long 145 mile drive from Winter Park to Ponte Vedra.

It's going to be a long, long 145 mile drive from Winter Park to Ponte Vedra when the JFC/PV application to ECNL is not accepted for 2013-14.
                          What does Ponte Vedra have to do with this thread?

Comment

Not exactly...one has fields, the other doesn't. One has ECNL and USSDA, the other doesn't.
                            Lets keep this positive. We all know you can't have a club without fields. The new CFK will have fields as they have already secured them. If not, it will make for a short season. As for ECNL and da, your correct only one club will have them and at this point it is OC. If that is important to you then I guess you need to go to OC. However, I hear OC is on probation with ECNL. Lets hope they stay on good terms or if they lose it that it goes to CFK. I would hate to see central Florida lose it.

Comment

Lets keep this positive. We all know you can't have a club without fields. The new CFK will have fields as they have already secured them. If not, it will make for a short season. As for ECNL and da, your correct only one club will have them and at this point it is OC. If that is important to you then I guess you need to go to OC. However, I hear OC is on probation with ECNL. Lets hope they stay on good terms or if they lose it that it goes to CFK. I would hate to see central Florida lose it.
                              This thread is for FACTS: new CFK has secured fields? Where?

You "heard" OC is on probation with ECNL? Proof? Why?

If OC loses ECNL it goes to new CFK? Proof?

Much of that sounds speculative, not factual.

And don't feed anyone that "all in due time" nonsense.

Please...many have criticized OC for being less than factual and truthful, poor communications, etc. If the "new" CFK is for real, then be factual and truthful - otherwise, the "new" CFK will be perceived as being guilty of the same things as OC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X