Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then I guess DS is the best trainer for this age group since he was their trainer when they won two region cups and finished second in state cup last year. Let's all go to Valrico! JC is very good.
    Give credit where credit is due.

Comment

Just saying, when RS gives a training session or coaches a team, he is excellent. Agree that he get's distracted and lacks focus and organization and is always chasing the next dollar. However, as a pure trainer and coach, he is excellent.
      I agree with you, but that is exactly why I say he's such a disappointment. He can be excellent, but rarely delivers any more. I've not seen that distraction from the others mentioned and they are every bit as engaging and beneficial to their players. You can count on RS to pick up his check on time - other than that you better have a back up plan in place.

Comment

Give credit where credit is due.
        The original coach and trainer did a good job. I think they just decided that the boys needed a new voice. There is a limit to how much one person can teach somebody. It is not good to have the same coach/trainer your entire career.

Comment

There is a limit to how much one person can teach somebody.
          This would explain why Fla Rev allowed Snookie on their BOD ballot. :D

Comment

The original coach and trainer did a good job. I think they just decided that the boys needed a new voice. There is a limit to how much one person can teach somebody. It is not good to have the same coach/trainer your entire career.
            Have to agree with this.

Comment

Not sure where the disconnect is here. Yes, you are correct their first choice was to go play for the U17 National Coach that Brandon was supposedly bringing in. When Brandon could not deliver, they looked at other options. They decided to go play for Revolution. Yes, John was second choice to the national team coach. But the point is that they would not be at Revolution if John was not there. It would not have even been a consideration.
              Not sure where you got your information but it is not so. At no time did they ever consider staying at BAYSL, even with the "National Team Coach". This was only the beginning of the dissatisfaction at Brandon. Next year I think you will see a mass exodus!

Comment

Not sure where you got your information but it is not so. At no time did they ever consider staying at BAYSL, even with the "National Team Coach". This was only the beginning of the dissatisfaction at Brandon. Next year I think you will see a mass exodus!
                Wouldn't you have to be at Brandon in the first place "to conisder staying there"? They were at Valrico so that makes no sense.

Also, I heard that the coach announced to his team that they were moving to Brandon and that the U17 national coach would be training the team. The national team coach took another job and the Valrico coach started looking at other options after losing confidence in Brandon.

Comment

Wouldn't you have to be at Brandon in the first place "to conisder staying there"? They were at Valrico so that makes no sense.

Also, I heard that the coach announced to his team that they were moving to Brandon and that the U17 national coach would be training the team. The national team coach took another job and the Valrico coach started looking at other options after losing confidence in Brandon.
                  That was after they were told they would be going to Plant City

Comment

Why in the world do they want to get rid of Johnny? He has this club going in the right direction. They went from having no good teams to having three very good teams this year (U12 B, U13 G, and U14 B). Many people are unhappy at Brandon so more will come over next year and there will probably be 5 or 6 top teams at Revolution next year.

So keep him there and the club will flourish, but get rid of him and they will be back to a small D2 club that nobody cares about. Then again, maybe thats the way the lady wants it.
                    Three very good teams. Pffft! You don't know much. How'd the U13G do at Orange Classic? Nope not one win. Very good my arse. I think they scored all of one goal.

Comment

That was after they were told they would be going to Plant City
                      WHO CARES? Does it really matter where the team is playing?

Comment

WHO CARES? Does it really matter where the team is playing?
                        You obviously have not been paying attention to the whole thread. Maybe you should read up first.

Comment

I heard a rumor that things are so out of hand that the current board elections have to be thrown out and restarted. My niece played there a while back before it changed names and it was a decent club. Now I'm hearing about coaches making racist comments, the president stuffing the ballot box, curse words being posted on facebook by board members about board members and potential board member(s?) signing other people's names to ballots. Anyone know the real scoop? Was it always like this?
                          Does JC have an employment contract or is he an at will employee?That will tell you how easy it will be for them to get rid of him or not.

Comment

Parents should tell their kids to play where they are comfortable. Sounds like the Valrico coach went where the best trainer and situation was available in his opinion. The parents must trust him to explore the best option for the kids. This is about a club not a team.

Comment

No one is answering the question about the best trainer in the area. How many teams has he coached that have won a state or region cup? How can you claim to be the best trainer when you are recruiting every good player for the U-14 team that last year finished I think second in state cup? Also, the revolts are not a new club they are the rebranded South Hillsborough that have been around since the 70's they talk about their club history on their web site.

So who wants to truthfully answer the question about the "best trainer" in the area?
                              The answer is none.

Comment

Then I guess DS is the best trainer for this age group since he was their trainer when they won two region cups and finished second in state cup last year. Let's all go to Valrico!
                                I beleive that many would disagree. DS was one of the reasons why the team wanted to leave. He has lost his passion for the game and is blinded by his laurels. Several of the players would not even come to practice on "training day" as they hated running through the same drill for the entire time. The one thing that brought these boys together was their coach(es) JF did a wonderful job with these boys, he brought in several different trainers to work with the team during thier stay at Valrico. This team progressed without the additon of much talent from outside of Valrico... Why is that? Could be the trainer (how many games did he attend?), the reputation of the club (going down the last several years), or the price. Take your pick.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X