• Show
Clear All

Whats with plant city

Whats with plant city

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Whats with plant city
    Depends on what you want to know...

Comment

PLANT CITY IS A GREAT SOCCER CLUB THE ONLY PROBLEM IS MARK MY SON PLAYS ON THE U14 B TEAM ON OUR TEAM WE ONLY HAVE 9 PLAYERS AND THEY DONT PLAY MORE THAN HALF CAUSE HE HAS OTHER PLAYERS FROM U15A PLAYING ON OUR TEAM AND WHEN EVER THIS OTHER KIDS HAVE GAMES WE'RE LEFT WITH 9 PLAYERS

"AND WE PAY HIM 30K FOR WHAT"

WE NEED TO GET HIM OUT OF HERE ALL HE DOES IS WALK AROUND TALKING ABOUT THE GOOD TEAMS WE HAVE AND WHEN EVER A TEAM WIN A tournament HES ALWAYS THERE FOR THE PICTURE AND HE SEEMS TO LOVE OUR U12G TEAM AND U15B ALL OTHER TEAMS GET NOTHING.

Comment

Whats with plant city
        PLANT CITY IS A GREAT SOCCER CLUB THE ONLY PROBLEM IS MARK MY SON PLAYS ON THE U14 B TEAM ON OUR TEAM WE ONLY HAVE 9 PLAYERS AND THEY DONT PLAY MORE THAN HALF CAUSE HE HAS OTHER PLAYERS FROM U15A PLAYING ON OUR TEAM AND WHEN EVER THIS OTHER KIDS HAVE GAMES WE'RE LEFT WITH 9 PLAYERS ...
        Apparently they can't find their Caps Lock key :D

Comment

Originally posted by Frank O Pinion View Post
          Apparently they can't find their Caps Lock key :D
          Nothing is wrong with Plant City. People hate them because they are primarly Mexican immigrants and people assume that they are all illegal immigrants. I am sure that some are illegal but I amdire them. It take a lot of balls to leave your country and go to a place where you do not know that language and to work long hours doing jobs that the establishment does not want to do.

The problem Mr America is not the illegal immigrants but the so call loyal Americans that give illegal immigrants jobs at low wages with no benefits, PTO, and so on. Your hate should be directed to the farmers, the landscaping companies, the construction companies that hire them instead of hiring legal Americans. Fine and jail this companies and company owners. No jobs in the USA will become known in Mexico and then no one will come.

Comment

Nothing is wrong with Plant City. People hate them because they are primarly Mexican immigrants and people assume that they are all illegal immigrants. I am sure that some are illegal but I amdire them. It take a lot of balls to leave your country and go to a place where you do not know that language and to work long hours doing jobs that the establishment does not want to do.

The problem Mr America is not the illegal immigrants but the so call loyal Americans that give illegal immigrants jobs at low wages with no benefits, PTO, and so on. Your hate should be directed to the farmers, the landscaping companies, the construction companies that hire them instead of hiring legal Americans. Fine and jail this companies and company owners. No jobs in the USA will become known in Mexico and then no one will come.
            thank the unions. And, i'm sure if you were one of those landscapers or farmers you would feel differently.

Comment

Where did that come from? I think you are on the wrong forum... But back to the orignal point. Why are U-15's playing on U-14's? I can see it the other ay around but playing down is not legal... One may say it's illegal. So I think they just need more 14 year olds on the team.

Comment

Where did that come from? I think you are on the wrong forum... But back to the orignal point. Why are U-15's playing on U-14's? I can see it the other ay around but playing down is not legal... One may say it's illegal. So I think they just need more 14 year olds on the team.
                Yo do not get it. All the PC issues are because they are hated because they are Mexicans with good players and tend to kick your ass. So you come up with reasons to hate them. it's the refs. the parents, the kids play dirty. Waaaaaaaaa...What ever dude.

Comment

Tragic Story but a Must Read
                  My son started playing travel soccer at 9 years old. He was always good at it from the time he first kicked a ball at 4 years old. I remember watching him run around the field like a chicken with his head cut off, faster than most of the kids and with enough control to actually kick the ball into the goal periodically. My wife and I were excited about travel soccer - the travel, the competitive games, watching our son become a great player. Over the next 7 years, he played on a few different club teams changing once because we moved and another time because he wanted to be on a better team. He had moderate success, even making it to the State Final 4 as a U13. He played virtually every minute of every game and I attended most of them. I was one of those jackass parents who lived and died by how his son did on the pitch. Screamed at the refs, got into arguments with opposing parents, even embarassingly screamed at the other team's players. If my son's team lost, I was in a horrible mood and I'd scream at my son on the long drive home. But as much as an arse as I was, I enjoyed watching my boy play soccer more than doing anything else in my life...period. Like in the story "The 5 People You Meet in Heaven", when I die I hope that my eternity is spent on the sideline of a soccer field watching my son play a game.

At the age of 16, everything changed. He injured his knee in a high school game. He scored a goal on the play, but the keeper had come way out and fouled him hard (earning a red card), tearing his meniscus as we later found out. You just never expect the moments that will change your life forever. This was one of those moments for my son. The meniscus was shredded so he had to have surgery. That is when he first discovered drugs - whether it was the anesthesia cocktail for surgery or the post-surgery pain pills, we'll never know - but it flipped a switch in him. At that time, near the end of his sophomore year in high school, he was an honor student, ranked sixth in his class of about 250 and a star soccer player for his club and high school teams. Six months later, he was out of soccer completely, failing out of high school and addicted to drugs. Two years later, he is facing criminal charges as an adult which may put him behind bars for a long time. I had one time entertained the hope of a soccer scholarship to a small school for him. Now he will not even finish high school and my only hope is that he stays alive and perhaps one day is able to hold down a minimum wage job. What I wouldn't give to go back in time and change so many things. I would cherish every moment of watching him play. I would not miss a single game. I would ignore the refs, the other players, the other parents, and just enjoy watching him run and kick and compete and do what boys were meant to do. Soccer is a beautiful game and there is nothing more beautiful than watching your child play. Who cares if the ref misses an offsides call? Who cares if they don't make every pass picture perfect? Who cares if they whiff on a shot? Who cares if they lose one game or every game? Life is so short and time is so precious. You never know what is around the corner and when it will be the last time you watch your son play. I remember my son's last game. It was a scrimmage against another club team and he scored 3 goals. He had been complaining about stomach pain and feeling sick before and during the game - little did I know he was abusing prescription pills at that time. I knew things with him were changing but I was so naive.

This is not a message about keeping kids away from drugs. It's a message to savor the moment each and every time your kids play and forget about everything else - missed calls, missed passes, missed shots, etc etc. One day, sooner than you think, it will all be over and you'll long for just one more time to watch your kid play a beautiful game.

I have bared my soul here, albeit anonymously, in the hopes that maybe someone out there will rethink their behavior at their kid's next game, will take maybe a few extra minutes to savor the experience, will think twice about yelling at the ref the next time he misses an offsides or calls a throw-in the wrong way and instead of dissecting the game on the ride home will simply say "Wow, I just love to watch you play soccer."

For any of you that might know me, or think you know me and my son, I would ask that you pray for him and for my family. Right now we need all the help we can get.

Comment

Yo do not get it. All the PC issues are because they are hated because they are Mexicans with good players and tend to kick your ass. So you come up with reasons to hate them. it's the refs. the parents, the kids play dirty. Waaaaaaaaa...What ever dude.
                    Easy there Amigo. I am Mexican American and I more than anyone want to see PC succeed but I think PC gets a bad rap is from the U-13 girls team Parents (White parents). The Boys teams are well respected locally and around the State. So don't lump everything on being Mexican. Obviously you have a problem and some pent up emotions but stick to the thread and not make this a political springboard for your ranting. Start your own Thread "White/Mexican Guy who hates everything" thread. I'm sure you will have a popular post. Good Luck Amigo.

Comment

Easy there Amigo. I am Mexican American and I more than anyone want to see PC succeed but I think PC gets a bad rap is from the U-13 girls team Parents (White parents). The Boys teams are well respected locally and around the State. So don't lump everything on being Mexican. Obviously you have a problem and some pent up emotions but stick to the thread and not make this a political springboard for your ranting. Start your own Thread "White/Mexican Guy who hates everything" thread. I'm sure you will have a popular post. Good Luck Amigo.
                      Dude I do not get you. I am defending PC. Look at all the PC haters on here. It is because it is primalry a Mexcan American club. Yeah they cover it up by blaming refs, parents etc but they are hated because they are Mexican....OUT

Comment

Dude I do not get you. I am defending PC. Look at all the PC haters on here. It is because it is primalry a Mexcan American club. Yeah they cover it up by blaming refs, parents etc but they are hated because they are Mexican....OUT
                        Its not much of a defense of PC to simply state everyone that dislikes the sportsmanship of many of the parents are really just racists. In fact you're doing PC fans a disservices by proving the haters right in making these kind of statements. The fact is the PC team that is most often the subject of ridicule here is full of WHITE - not Mexican - parents and they make themselves VERY easy targets.

Comment

Let's just admit that as people, we hate the best teams if their not ours. The only teams that people talk about on this forum are those that are the best whether it be the PC U-13 team or a team from Braden River, Oldsmar, Brandon, etc. There's a reason why the storied professional franchises are the most loved and also the most hated. It should come as a compliment that your team is the source of so much conversation. I gaurantee a thread on your B team wouldn't get a response. It's just sad so many fools on this forum get their joy from talking bad about kids. Our society is filled with so much of this negativity and then those same parents wonder why their kids grow up to be disrespectful and negative. Raise your kids right and forget what morons say about them. You'll be the ones laughing in the end.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X