Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
    the problem with fc bucks is they are not run like a club. Teams at fc bucks function independently, and that isn’t how proper ecnl and da programs are run. Clubs with a real doc and technical director would never let what is happening with the 06 team go on and a properly run club would make it so something like this couldn’t happen. This type of thing happens at philly soccer club or warrington, not at an ecnl or da club. People pay to play at the ecnl clubs to get something more advanced, and right now we are functioning like any other town club. Right now we aren’t much different than a warminster or southampton, other than significantly higher costs!
    truth!!!!

Comment

Correct! We cannot be run like Philly Soccer Club or Warrington and expect to be successful in ECNL

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Correct! We cannot be run like Philly Soccer Club or Warrington and expect to be successful in ECNL
        Well we are run like that - and what do you know - we are not successful in ECNL

Comment

FC Bucks 2006 ECNL - Girls

I am a parent on this team and I usually just read along, posting every so often. This thread is getting out of control.

I think we ALL want what is best for our kids. It’s just everyone has a different idea as to what is best.

The back room deal that formed this team came from good intentions - parents just wanted to keep their kids together. They did not anticipate or look ahead to how this might look to outsiders particularly others who weren’t given a fair chance to make the team. A club with strong leadership would never have allowed it to happen, but at this point it’s water under the bridge. But there is no denying the deal has really hurt the future player pool for the team

BB”s intentions likewise come from a good place - he loves soccer and wants to be a coach. But he also hasn’t looked ahead as to how that affects his daughter and the team as a whole. There are not many people that are willing to spend thousands of dollars a year for a non professional dad to coach. It doesn’t mean that we don’t think he’s a nice guy but we want what we are paying for which is a professional coach. Clearly some people like having BB as a coach - and that’s fine. But looking at the big picture you have to admit his presence is NOT going to attract players to the team. Not to mention the spotlight it puts on his own kid.

We have 14 healthy players. We all want what is best for our kids. We had very few talented kids at tryouts last year and the team was fairly successful. We will not be getting any at this years tryouts if something doesn’t change, add to that we will lose people. This is something we all should be cognizant of if we want our daughters to be on this team next year. We can not afford to lose anyone especially if we aren’t going to gain any.

I don’t know what the answer is but the constant fighting and bashing of each other and the team is not helping the teams reputation. At this point the team could implode before the spring.

I really hope that someone who knows their kid won’t face repercussions approach’s DM or CF with the problems the team is having . I personally do not feel comfortable doing so.

And to be very honest and I’m not bashing him but it would really help if BB just stepped aside. I like BB and think he’s a nice guy, but at this point his presence is hurting the team rather than helping. Everyone has their own opinions about BB but we should all be honest enough to realize that the future of the team is not going to be bright if he stays on. Talented players will not come to this team with all its issues that have been well publicized. Think about it - it’s a lot of money and there are just to many teams in this area that don’t have these problems.

The team needs to change some things before tryouts occur and advertise those changes, or there may be no team next year.

I made this post trying to bring some sanity back to this thread. I hope I haven’t offended anyone. At this point everything that has gone on with team is done, it is what it is. There is a path forward but it probably means there has to be changes that some won’t like.

Let’s all try to get along for the sake of our kids. Like I said at the beginning we all want what is best for them.
          Wanting what is best for your kid and her friends.....what about the kids that are friends from the “original” RF team???? BB orchestrated this deal to make his kid look good....bringing kids onto the team that would not “challenge” his daughter and her position on the team....BB really is afraid of what would happen if his daughter didn’t “shine” in his opinion on a team...he is most likely doing it again with his younger daughter....goes to say that RF doesn’t care who is on the team, BB only wants kids and only “recruits” kids that won’t challenge his daughter, which in turn hurt the camaraderie of the team, and decreased the overall player pool for the upcoming years....BRAVO BB.....you got what you wanted a mediocre team with players that will NOT play D1 soccer....including your own daughter.....BB way to have confidence in your daughters abilities....

Comment

Wanting what is best for your kid and her friends.....what about the kids that are friends from the “original” RF team???? BB orchestrated this deal to make his kid look good....bringing kids onto the team that would not “challenge” his daughter and her position on the team....BB really is afraid of what would happen if his daughter didn’t “shine” in his opinion on a team...he is most likely doing it again with his younger daughter....goes to say that RF doesn’t care who is on the team, BB only wants kids and only “recruits” kids that won’t challenge his daughter, which in turn hurt the camaraderie of the team, and decreased the overall player pool for the upcoming years....BRAVO BB.....you got what you wanted a mediocre team with players that will NOT play D1 soccer....including your own daughter.....BB way to have confidence in your daughters abilities....
            If the club even had an ounce of integrity, anyone and everyone associated with this “deal” would be immediately removed from this team, and the club. It is a disgrace what happened and an even bigger disgrace that the club continues to perpetuate it.

Comment

If the club even had an ounce of integrity, anyone and everyone associated with this “deal” would be immediately removed from this team, and the club. It is a disgrace what happened and an even bigger disgrace that the club continues to perpetuate it.
              The club also likely committed criminal fraud by charging people for tryouts and either misrepresenting or concealing the material fact that the vast majority of the team was chosen in someone’s living room before tryouts took place. It would be a shame if the club lost its nonprofit status because one mans overwhelming need to pull strings for his daughter and the clubs inability to actually show some real leadership.

Comment

Truth but that would mean the majority of the team along with BB, RF as well as CF the girls DOC - since they were all present at the meeting. Never happening since BB and CF are also on the board. What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

The deal has forever tainted the team and in the end will result in a team that is far worse than if tryouts had been allowed to play out.

Comment

Truth but that would mean the majority of the team along with BB, RF as well as CF the girls DOC - since they were all present at the meeting. Never happening since BB and CF are also on the board. What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.

The deal has forever tainted the team and in the end will result in a team that is far worse than if tryouts had been allowed to play out.
                  If that is what it takes then so be it. It would be a tough lesson for all involved to learn, but one that transcends soccer. It also is what is needed for the club to regain any sort of integrity and credibility with the community.

Comment

If that is what it takes then so be it. It would be a tough lesson for all involved to learn, but one that transcends soccer. It also is what is needed for the club to regain any sort of integrity and credibility with the community.
                    It will never happen. Something like this take guts and actual leadership, two things sorely missing from this club.

Comment

Nice guys and unapproachable just don’t mix, which one is it when it comes to the coaching staff????

Comment

Nice guys and unapproachable just don’t mix, which one is it when it comes to the coaching staff????
                        RF is super charming and friendly and very approachable.

Comment

So why not approach him to share all the “valuable” feedback that is shared on this forum??

Comment

So why not approach him to share all the “valuable” feedback that is shared on this forum??
                            That obviously was a sarcastic comment. He is not me of the least approachable people ever.

Comment

This dad assistant coach, “BB” is not listed anywhere as that. So I have to understand the backlash. As long as your head coach has final say and is at all games and practices, and this dad isn’t coaching alone, as ECNL would not allow for that. Heck, I agree he shouldn’t be out there at all.

Comment

This dad assistant coach, “BB” is not listed anywhere as that. So I have to understand the backlash. As long as your head coach has final say and is at all games and practices, and this dad isn’t coaching alone, as ECNL would not allow for that. Heck, I agree he shouldn’t be out there at all.
                                Can you define what you mean by "is at all games and practices" - because there are many times when the head coach is not physically at all game and practices. But there are other times when he is physically present, but he is more or less asleep on the bench letting BB do the actual coaching.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X