Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    In Spain, scouts from La Liga decide. Spain benefits. My daughter played against Barcelona's Femme Infantile B (probably spelled that wrong, but it was girls U13-14 equivalent), and one of the coaches said they look for young players that LOVE to play, the joy of the game. They scouted players as young as 5 years old. They watched them for 3-4 years to see how they developed.

Again to me its the investment of resources (time and effort), not just looking for a diamond, the chances of finding even 1 world class player in the U.S. seem slim (it's never happened), but finding several of them to propel the U.S. up the FIFA standing seem even more unlikely. The best soccer countries are willing to do so much more than U.S. soccer entities. Better selection, better coaching, better training, and higher quality competition.
    My son is four and he was already scouted.

If yours is five and not in DA, he has no chance of becoming pro already.

Comment

You sound like a cheap lawyer. Bra, let’s be real. If ed reed, the great miami hurricane or Sean Taylor rip goat and deon sanders and Allen iverson were America’s back line, Messi would have a hard time getting a shot off. Deal with it white boy.
      Messi has to deal with players from Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and so on..he is the best in the world.

Comment

Messi has to deal with players from Ghana, Ivory Coast, Nigeria and so on..he is the best in the world.
        I thought we where talking about american soccer then someone always has to bring up Messi😉And yes he is unreal on the field but is he american?

Comment

I thought we where talking about american soccer then someone always has to bring up Messi😉And yes he is unreal on the field but is he american?
          For parents with tiny children, Messi gives them hope. The problem is they create inadequate, entitled children that think they are owed something without the work rate that Messi has.

Comment

For parents with tiny children, Messi gives them hope. The problem is they create inadequate, entitled children that think they are owed something without the work rate that Messi has.
            Many contend that Messi would be ignored here in the US because the big, fast kids are always picked. Overall that point has validity. But a Messi is a once in a decade kind of player and he would stick out like sore thumb in the US.

Comment

Let me see one sport plays 4 months out of the year and the other 10-11 months. Yeah not the same. One requires a major commitment. I wonder which one.

I guess you have never seen travel baseball? It cost 10X more than your local soccer travel or DA.
              wow, you cant be serious , I have a son who plays DA and one that is 16 playing travel baseball, first of all travel baseball is no where compared to soccer when it comes to cost, I could put all 3 of my kids in baseball for the price of 1 in soccer, and then on top of that, I hate watching boring baseball games, even when my kid is playing, watching them stand around for 9 innings, most of the time

Comment

wow, you cant be serious , I have a son who plays DA and one that is 16 playing travel baseball, first of all travel baseball is no where compared to soccer when it comes to cost, I could put all 3 of my kids in baseball for the price of 1 in soccer, and then on top of that, I hate watching boring baseball games, even when my kid is playing, watching them stand around for 9 innings, most of the time
                I was a baseball player and I still don't understand how my parents sat in the stands all those years. I played multiple sports but the torture my mother must had Indore those years. I am sorry you spend so much on DA you should come to Orlando where it is free.

Comment

I was a baseball player and I still don't understand how my parents sat in the stands all those years. I played multiple sports but the torture my mother must had Indore those years. I am sorry you spend so much on DA you should come to Orlando where it is free.
                  News flash, soccer is not fun to watch most of the time. Especially ugly soccer. That is why nobody else but the parents go to watch and they are only there because they have to be.

Comment

You sound like a cheap lawyer. Bra, let’s be real. If ed reed, the great miami hurricane or Sean Taylor rip goat and deon sanders and Allen iverson were America’s back line, Messi would have a hard time getting a shot off. Deal with it white boy.
                    Ah, yes, that is the answer. Of course, one could argue that there are no such athletes playing soccer ANYWHERE in the world. Fact remains that our national players are at least equal athletically to the best players in the world, perhaps with a couple of notable exceptions like CR. Messi not in that category nor are any of the other world top players. African teams have plenty of athletes that could easily compete in pro football, basketball or any other sport yet that has not resulted in success on the world soccer stage.... seems like your theory has some holes in it. Iceland can muster a better team than USA out of a population of 300,000 I'm pretty sure we have better athletes playing soccer colleges alone!

Comment

Agree that much of it is driven by what you do with the talent you have, not how much talent you have. Iceland is but one of many examples of how good leadership and coaching can yield tremendous results. Many African nations are the opposite - plenty of talent but few systems in place to take it to the next level (yes some players getting exported to Europe, but as national teams not at all). USSF has shown they are fairly incompetent

Comment

Agree that much of it is driven by what you do with the talent you have, not how much talent you have. Iceland is but one of many examples of how good leadership and coaching can yield tremendous results. Many African nations are the opposite - plenty of talent but few systems in place to take it to the next level (yes some players getting exported to Europe, but as national teams not at all). USSF has shown they are fairly incompetent
                        That maybe true but what is the solution? I am tired of having the little kid who can dribble but does nothing with it. Passes to the other team or he just losses it all together because he tkes too many touches. Just get a kid who can pass the ball and not this little wanna a be.

Comment

Why soccer is not popular ?

Listen up rednecks, there is over 300 pro leagues globally. So stop brainwashing your kids to eat their dinner so they can get big and play American Football.

Comment

typical America wants everything for free. In Europe I use to drive 2 hours to the pitch and 2 hours back. Americans want an Academy next to their house and free because the coaches don't eat and live off water and bread. That's why you are the classic case of why American soccer will never be EU futbol.
                            Was it uphill both ways and always snowing too?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X