Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for Garrett Smith to GO!

Fans don’t like the direction of the program!

Alumni has had and seen enough!

Players are not happy any more.

Would it be best if he resigned or gets fired? I think his arrogance will get him fired but that’s just me.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Would it be best if he resigned or gets fired? I think his arrogance will get him fired but that’s just me.
    Last place in the WCC with 2 losses to UOP and St. Mary’s will get your fired.
    He was very smug and arrogant. It’s not like he’s a nice guy u want to keep around.
    Pay a younger more amicable asst. less to come to Portland. Smith will be forced to resign at season’s end.

Comment

Aren’t you the same guy who started the other University of Portland thread

Comment

Last place in the WCC with 2 losses to UOP and St. Mary’s will get your fired.
        He was very smug and arrogant. It’s not like he’s a nice guy u want to keep around.
        Pay a younger more amicable asst. less to come to Portland. Smith will be forced to resign at season’s end.
        1. Yes he should be removed.

2. Yes I've heard he is arrogant and snake like.

3. You are really trying to oversell to get yourself a job. I would look to the assistant that is currently talk crap like this and avoid them too.

Comment

It's believed that he is on a one year contract and so he won't be fired, he just won't be given a new contract.

They need an assistant from one of the top programs like UCLA, FSU, Virginia, ... The boys program is reignited and the fans are going to the boys games in droves. If Gonzaga can turn their program around in a year, Portland should be able to do it with the right coach.

Comment

It's believed that he is on a one year contract and so he won't be fired, he just won't be given a new contract.

They need an assistant from one of the top programs like UCLA, FSU, Virginia, ... The boys program is reignited and the fans are going to the boys games in droves. If Gonzaga can turn their program around in a year, Portland should be able to do it with the right coach.
            I guess his time of service deserves an honorable exit.

Comment

I guess his time of service deserves an honorable exit.
              Yeah, I don't think they will hit him on the arse with the door. My guess is that he will be told he isn't being renewed prior to the last game so that he can inform his team. They will want a new coach in place before January so that the new coach can relocate and then get to know the players and set up the spring season. Of course spring season is all about keeping costs down and playing decent competition so the teams will likely come from this list: PSU, Oregon, Oregon State, Concordia, Seattle U, UW and the Thorns.

Comment

Yeah, sad that he has turned a national powerhouse into a bottom tier program. Guess that's what happens when you mail it in on your recruiting and take half of your team from FCP. There isn't enough talent coming out of all of Portland, to make a decent D1 team, let alone a national title contender. Come on UP, you can do much better.

Comment

Yeah, sad that he has turned a national powerhouse into a bottom tier program. Guess that's what happens when you mail it in on your recruiting and take half of your team from FCP. There isn't enough talent coming out of all of Portland, to make a decent D1 team, let alone a national title contender. Come on UP, you can do much better.
                  The class next year is all from out of state.

Comment

Fact is that the top players see Portland as a weird backwater kind of place that they'd rather not have to live in for the next 4 years.

Comment

Fact is that the top players see Portland as a weird backwater kind of place that they'd rather not have to live in for the next 4 years.
                      And yet you live in Portland. Only someone who lives in Portland is dumb enough to say that people see Portland as a weird backwater kind of place that they'd rather not have to live in for the next 4 years.

Comment

The class next year is all from out of state.
                        The new coach could rescind their offers. Why would a new coach honor verbals from players hat aren’t theirs. As the new Portland coach I would restart my recruting. I’d call the so cal blues, slammers , etc.l DOC’s and ask if anyone would like to come to Portland at 100% (academic + athletic). Portland would welcome any current committed player to change their minds as “we have good money”.

Comment

And yet you live in Portland. Only someone who lives in Portland is dumb enough to say that people see Portland as a weird backwater kind of place that they'd rather not have to live in for the next 4 years.
                          Don't live in Portland and still think it's a weird backwater kind of place. Can't imagine anyone wanting to move here just to play soccer.

Comment

The new coach could rescind their offers. Why would a new coach honor verbals from players hat aren’t theirs. As the new Portland coach I would restart my recruting. I’d call the so cal blues, slammers , etc.l DOC’s and ask if anyone would like to come to Portland at 100% (academic + athletic). Portland would welcome any current committed player to change their minds as “we have good money”.
                            You must be new.

Comment

Don't live in Portland and still think it's a weird backwater kind of place. Can't imagine anyone wanting to move here just to play soccer.
                              Thank you for your opinion. Any chance you can give us a complete history on the Beverley Hillbillies?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X