Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDA parents - an honest question for you

Now that girls DA has been going for over a month and high school season is in full swing, are your daughter's happy with their choice to give up HS? Not just from a soccer quality perspective but from a social one as well.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now that girls DA has been going for over a month and high school season is in full swing, are your daughter's happy with their choice to give up HS? Not just from a soccer quality perspective but from a social one as well.
    Mine didn’t make her HS squad, so nothing to give up. It’s going well with DA.

Comment

Troll Alert.

Comment

BS. DA commitment well before HS tryouts even started. Don't respond if you have nothing to add.

Comment

BS. DA commitment well before HS tryouts even started. Don't respond if you have nothing to add.
          Feel free not to believe it. She didn’t make the HS squad last year. She switched to DA this year. She’s enjoying it.

Comment

This is BS.

Comment

Feel free not to believe it. She didn’t make the HS squad last year. She switched to DA this year. She’s enjoying it.
              Stars have watered the brand so much I don't doubt that this is happening

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                This is BS.
                Not bs. Breakers girls. At least two of them.

Comment

Of course she is. Her social life was never made by HS soccer. Her friends are still her friends.

Comment

When we go watch our high school, we miss it for about 10 minutes. We see the girls having fun and I see the parents and think about the sports awards nights, etc. Then the games begin and we don’t miss it. Boot and run, girls ramming into one another, parents praising girls pushing someone down and drilling the ball up the field to nobody, refs making terrible calls after terrible calls. No we don’t miss it and our HS team is pretty good with more than half the starters being club players.
                    GDA has very good training and the competition is good. Yes there are levels of talent and the middle age teams need more talented players than not, however we all knew this was the ground floor for this program. We are in it for a few years and we knew that the beginning would be a little rocky. My daughter is happy. She loves her team and her coach and the level of play at many games.
                    We did not take this decision lightly and I took longer to decide than my daughter. She was all set to not play HS and play GDA when she read about the program last year. I miss the sidelines much more than she misses the games. Yes she liked being a rockstar last year as a freshman but she didn’t like the actual soccer being played.

Comment

I'll give you an honest opinion from the other side. My d's high school team has quite a few club players but it doesn't mean they are strong. Maybe there are 4 players who really stand out and 2-3 more who work very hard leaving say 5 more on the field who are consistently outplayed/outworked with similar reserves. The impact players like many teams stay on for 80 minutes and I haven't asked but would bet mine is frustrated enough and run ragged enough to give up HS. This is not a weak program but competitive D1 with maybe typical run to third round in post season. Imo this describes all but the 16 teams making it to that round consistently. If we weren't three years in I'd be putting the bug in her ear to consider the DA option. I think the da will get traction yet and will be pretty exclusive inside of 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        When we go watch our high school, we miss it for about 10 minutes. We see the girls having fun and I see the parents and think about the sports awards nights, etc. Then the games begin and we don’t miss it. Boot and run, girls ramming into one another, parents praising girls pushing someone down and drilling the ball up the field to nobody, refs making terrible calls after terrible calls. No we don’t miss it and our HS team is pretty good with more than half the starters being club players.
                        GDA has very good training and the competition is good. Yes there are levels of talent and the middle age teams need more talented players than not, however we all knew this was the ground floor for this program. We are in it for a few years and we knew that the beginning would be a little rocky. My daughter is happy. She loves her team and her coach and the level of play at many games.
                        We did not take this decision lightly and I took longer to decide than my daughter. She was all set to not play HS and play GDA when she read about the program last year. I miss the sidelines much more than she misses the games. Yes she liked being a rockstar last year as a freshman but she didn’t like the actual soccer being played.
                        All this so we can know your daughter was a hs rockstar. You always have to ruin your posts. No wonder you stand alone at games.

Comment

I'll give you an honest opinion from the other side. My d's high school team has quite a few club players but it doesn't mean they are strong. Maybe there are 4 players who really stand out and 2-3 more who work very hard leaving say 5 more on the field who are consistently outplayed/outworked with similar reserves. The impact players like many teams stay on for 80 minutes and I haven't asked but would bet mine is frustrated enough and run ragged enough to give up HS. This is not a weak program but competitive D1 with maybe typical run to third round in post season. Imo this describes all but the 16 teams making it to that round consistently. If we weren't three years in I'd be putting the bug in her ear to consider the DA option. I think the da will get traction yet and will be pretty exclusive inside of 3 years.
                          HS will never go away since it is the only option that is affordable without travel. That is all many families can manage.

Comment

Not bs. Breakers girls. At least two of them.
                            Mine is at the other area DA club, and she’s knows a girl on a younger team in same situation. I’m not sure why this is not believable. We were concerned at first, but now it seems common enough.

Comment

GDA or High School.... doesn't matter... the soccer will STiNK! Do what works best for all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X