X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major fraud/kickback scandal in NCAA hoops

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...ase/ar-AAsurtY

Four D1 assistants from top-rank programs are implicated, including one former NBA star.

While discussion of basketball is off-topic for this forum, off-the-court (or off-the-pitch) sporting scandals effect everyone. Don't think it can't happen around here.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaa...ase/ar-AAsurtY

Four D1 assistants from top-rank programs are implicated, including one former NBA star.

While discussion of basketball is off-topic for this forum, off-the-court (or off-the-pitch) sporting scandals effect everyone. Don't think it can't happen around here.
    it (al)most certainly is happening with Ducks Football, i've been a fan since before The Pick happened, so the idea of shady recruiting pains me.

however, we can rest assured that no one is getting any side money in Oregon college soccer, have you seen how bad these teams are? i mean, being as bad as they are means i would understand if they were asking for extra money, but clearly we aren't snagging world class talents through illegal means.

Comment

Not really an issue for soccer as there' not enough money involved. But I'm not at all surprised about Basketball and likely football as well. Probably more will be discovered. They're dangling big $ in front of generally low income kids. There's just too much money involved in the top sports at big schools, plus the $ from a lucrative pro career.

Comment

Nike is now being mentioned as being involved. Apparently they and Adidas would get into bidding wars over players. Didn't Oregon have a bunch of really good players recently? I wonder if they were given some coin to ensure they went to Eugene? We know Oregon State isn't involved, no one with any talent goes there. They suck at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Nike is now being mentioned as being involved. Apparently they and Adidas would get into bidding wars over players. Didn't Oregon have a bunch of really good players recently? I wonder if they were given some coin to ensure they went to Eugene? We know Oregon State isn't involved, no one with any talent goes there. They suck at everything.
          except baseball. occasionally.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X