Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Much of what has happened at ADF has nothing to do with the DA. If anything, the DA has impacted the ADF operation; rumor has it that Jo is now obtaining (or has obtained) his class A license. Care to guess why?
    Trying to go legit?

Comment

Much of what has happened at ADF has nothing to do with the DA. If anything, the DA has impacted the ADF operation; rumor has it that Jo is now obtaining (or has obtained) his class A license. Care to guess why?
      Jo only just received his "C" license. It was posted on the ADF Instagram account.

Comment

he needed 'a license' since he was driving uninsured and suspended. read it on another thread on this site. getting that stuff cleared up can be a hassle, but kudos to him for being responsible.

Comment

I guess to say it straight, ADF04 and probably ADF05 were the best outdoor teams because at some point the TA told all the players that were going to be selected to the TA team to switch to this club. ADF obvious is open to this because it legitimizes the club overnight even though this is the first full year of operation. Jo is a good guy, I have nothing against him but I can't accept that he has participated in a conspiracy. He may not have been aware of what was going on but I really don't believe that. How many brand new, first year clubs get half the best players in the state signing up to play for your out of no where? It's a f-ing x-mas miracle but of course all the parents and kids decided to go to ADF all on their own all at the same time and them they all got selected to the TA en masse all because of the talent in the group.
          Let's get something straight- there is only 1 reason (at the 05 age group) so many ADF kids are there and it's Ben Billups. In my humble opinion 1 maybe 2 of those kids deserve to be there solely based on talent and merit. And 05 ADF was not the best team last year- top 4/5 yes but not the best

Comment

i'm wondering what kind of nefarious reason you think one would have for wanting to keep developing professionally. you think he was "obtaining" his next license because... there's some shady back dealing? nah, it's just because you take a step and then take another step and another step.

Comment

i'm wondering what kind of nefarious reason you think one would have for wanting to keep developing professionally. you think he was "obtaining" his next license because... there's some shady back dealing? nah, it's just because you take a step and then take another step and another step.
              This is silly, one has to be deemed a professional first, to have a chance of developing professionally.

This street vendor is still the same corner hustler, nothing has changed. There is nothing to step into here, it's all a con..Hustler's Story...

Comment

No nefarious reason.

And getting a class C license is a prerequisite for getting a class B, which is a prerequisite for getting a class A, which is a prerequisite for--guess what--running a DA program.

ADF lost a LOT of players to various DAs. Six went to TA, one went to BSC, two went to Westside, and it wouldn't surprise me if some went elsewhere. They are doing well in OYSA, but I suspect that all but one or two of the local DA programs would beat them soundly.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Comment

No nefarious reason.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
                  There's too many of 'em already. USDA needs to look at contracting in Oregon, not expanding.

Comment

There's too many of 'em already. USDA needs to look at contracting in Oregon, not expanding.
                    more than one DA team per age group in Oregon is too much

Comment

Nah. Should be 2 with two teams each at u12, 2 with one team each through u14.

Comment

The DA period (even if it's just the Timbers/Thorns sole program) is too much of ask for our locals to compete and thrive. If it wasn't, the platform would at least have some measurable success. Square peg..round hole. It doesn't fit here. Sorry.

Comment

There are two separate questions being confused here:

1) What is the optimal shape of the pyramid: One or two super-elite teams that are capable of dominating any local competition on-age, and need to travel (or play up) to find a competitive match, but which will represent the region well in national competitions, OR a larger number of top-end clubs that are at a similar level of skill and can form a local league with relative parity, but which will typically get beaten when they travel outside the state?

2) Which program is better for player development, regardless of skill level: the DA program (with a more regulated and rigorous structure and curriculum, stricter qualification requirements for coaches, limitations on number of games, and restrictions on organized outside play), or the free-for-all that is OYSA?

Your answer seems to assert that a) we need a pointier pyramid, and b) only those elite teams should be part of the USSDA program.

I care less about the shape of the pyramid, but think more kids (including at lower levels) could benefit from DA structure. I wouldn't replace OYSA completely--there are some kids that just want to go out and win games in a competitive format, and aren't interested in a long-term development track, and should have a place to do that--but think a more formal development program should exist that isn't rec and isn't win-at-all-costs competitive soccer, and that this program shouldn't necessarily be limited to elite players.

Comment

The DA period (even if it's just the Timbers/Thorns sole program) is too much of ask for our locals to compete and thrive. If it wasn't, the platform would at least have some measurable success. Square peg..round hole. It doesn't fit here. Sorry.
                            Give me a break. It's about execution. If you leave it as crap, it will stay crap.

Comment

a more formal development program should exist that isn't rec and isn't win-at-all-costs competitive soccer, and that this program shouldn't necessarily be limited to elite players.
                              I hear you, but the fact is that what you're describing is just "healthy soccer clubs that develop players who want to get better." That's a good and important goal, but it absolutely has to be a different track than "elite".

Folks often underestimate the gap between players with elite potential and players who are likely to do very well in club soccer, high school, and potentially lower division college soccer. We can do right by both groups, but not necessarily in precisely the same way and at precisely the same time. And by sharpening the pyramid you'll improve quality at the base as well. Add in a pathway for players to seamlessly pass back and forth, and you have a recipe for development.

Comment

I hear you, but the fact is that what you're describing is just "healthy soccer clubs that develop players who want to get better." That's a good and important goal, but it absolutely has to be a different track than "elite".

Folks often underestimate the gap between players with elite potential and players who are likely to do very well in club soccer, high school, and potentially lower division college soccer. We can do right by both groups, but not necessarily in precisely the same way and at precisely the same time. And by sharpening the pyramid you'll improve quality at the base as well. Add in a pathway for players to seamlessly pass back and forth, and you have a recipe for development.
                                I should add that I'm talking about players 10 and over. There should be no pointy end at the youngest ages, and only a gradual rounding off of the pyramid at ages 8 and 9.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X