Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There is no "misjudgment" on the Tracy/Erik comment. I've been there and seen everything first hand at the edge of the training field and understood what I was seeing on the field on the weekend. I don't disagree with the need for that type of training but its not right to use the oysa games as trainings and not disclose this to your teammates.
    I guess to say it straight, ADF04 and probably ADF05 were the best outdoor teams because at some point the TA told all the players that were going to be selected to the TA team to switch to this club. ADF obvious is open to this because it legitimizes the club overnight even though this is the first full year of operation. Jo is a good guy, I have nothing against him but I can't accept that he has participated in a conspiracy. He may not have been aware of what was going on but I really don't believe that. How many brand new, first year clubs get half the best players in the state signing up to play for your out of no where? It's a f-ing x-mas miracle but of course all the parents and kids decided to go to ADF all on their own all at the same time and them they all got selected to the TA en masse all because of the talent in the group.

Comment

I guess to say it straight, ADF04 and probably ADF05 were the best outdoor teams because at some point the TA told all the players that were going to be selected to the TA team to switch to this club. ADF obvious is open to this because it legitimizes the club overnight even though this is the first full year of operation. Jo is a good guy, I have nothing against him but I can't accept that he has participated in a conspiracy. He may not have been aware of what was going on but I really don't believe that. How many brand new, first year clubs get half the best players in the state signing up to play for your out of no where? It's a f-ing x-mas miracle but of course all the parents and kids decided to go to ADF all on their own all at the same time and them they all got selected to the TA en masse all because of the talent in the group.
      Based on a couple comments, I feel the need to clarify my comments. I don't like the back room bull**** that isn't really back room at all and every one pretends to not notice. The kids are all great players but the institutions involved that are not even close to being impartial is not surprising.

American soccer institutions have missed the next generation of players because this mentally of "taking credit" is endemic but a club actually legitimately taking full credit for the development of a player is suspect at best because their isn't a good youth program in the US. All of the good MLS players are recruited from foreign countries and any critical players from the US that are worth money are then sold after 2-5 years of development.

I'm critical of ADF but they are the future of the soccer club. They are developing players for the DA and beyond. I respect that willingness to recognize that as a club they are a stepping stone in the career of a pro player rather than telling them they can only make a HS or college team. Honestly, the US players have a major inferiority complex. I believe we have the quality of players to contest for any tournament in the world.

That is the one huge kudos I give to ADF. MAJOR KUDOS!! I have never seen a club better at their willingness to try to assist with their players careers after playing for them.

ADF is amazing at this. They legitimately will try to get your kid a pro tryout if you kid is good enough. I have never seen a youth club that would do this in OR or really anywhere in the US.

Comment

Based on a couple comments, I feel the need to clarify my comments. I don't like the back room bull**** that isn't really back room at all and every one pretends to not notice. The kids are all great players but the institutions involved that are not even close to being impartial is not surprising.

American soccer institutions have missed the next generation of players because this mentally of "taking credit" is endemic but a club actually legitimately taking full credit for the development of a player is suspect at best because their isn't a good youth program in the US. All of the good MLS players are recruited from foreign countries and any critical players from the US that are worth money are then sold after 2-5 years of development.

I'm critical of ADF but they are the future of the soccer club. They are developing players for the DA and beyond. I respect that willingness to recognize that as a club they are a stepping stone in the career of a pro player rather than telling them they can only make a HS or college team. Honestly, the US players have a major inferiority complex. I believe we have the quality of players to contest for any tournament in the world.

That is the one huge kudos I give to ADF. MAJOR KUDOS!! I have never seen a club better at their willingness to try to assist with their players careers after playing for them.

ADF is amazing at this. They legitimately will try to get your kid a pro tryout if you kid is good enough. I have never seen a youth club that would do this in OR or really anywhere in the US.
        I'm sorry but another point on this line of discussion is that the US seems to be focused solely on the next 20 players for the national team rather the next 250 for the MLS/NWSL. Spain, Italy, Germany France are all developing players for their domestic leagues internally, any development transfers are generated based on their internal talent.

Comment

Tracy/Erik,
          Please stop this. You've destroyed so many games saturday/sundays for so many families with your homework for your private training students. Every academy track player that trains with you ends up using their club games on the weekend as ball possession homework to the detriment of their team. My sons team lost three games in the oysa league because two academy bound acolytes used their oysa games as ball possession practice that you prescribed. I'm not disputing these kids ability or selection to the academy its just the destruction that your players are bringing to their club teams. I understand and agree with the philosophy of individual player development versus the team focus but you have sabotaged so many oysa games that its become very noticeable.

So I am asking you to on this forum to stop doing this. No more, practice to see how long your trainees can keep the ball in oysa games. I understand its a skill that all good players need to develop but stop doing during oysa games with you trainees.

How do you think all the rest of the kids and parents feel when your academy bound players performs his possession homework during the state cup and they barely win against a team they should have destroyed and they only won because they brought in a kid that has the "knack for scoring".

My second question is for Jo at ADF, I understand why you have agreed to be gatekeeper for the TA but I hope you are getting enough compensation for this service because once the majority of the community understands your role in this process, you will lose your credibility. For anyone that doesnt take my meaning, ADF was obviously tapped as the stepping stone to the TA for the 04 and 05 age groups. Theres no way that this was just happenstance when the concentratction of talent at these age groups is that obvious, there was obvious some collusion between the players, adf and TA as 3/4 of the 04 and 05 teams for adf are now at the TA.
          The Timbers Academy had too. 11 players declined the 04 invitations alone.

Comment

If kids are "doing homework" during matches then your problem isn't with the personal trainers, it's with the coach of your team. Any player not subscribing to the playing model should be immediately taken off.

Now, here's the root of the problem: the vast (near 100% of all youth teams in Oregon) have nothing remotely recognizable as a playing model/style/approach/etc. It's just jungle ball with the kids learning zero.

You all need to demand more of these clubs and, once you do, crap like a kid holding the ball in the corner will disappear.

Comment

Talking Soccer was better when it was just girls soccer. Just reminding you all.

Comment

This thread, which seems to be a rant against AFD, is a bit misplaced.

The Timbers, AFAICT, haven't annointed ADF as the "conduit" for anything. Were they to do so, I can think of three Timbers Alliance clubs who would be royally ticked off, and rightfully so.

Instead, two things have happened.

1) Jo had a successful career as a personal trainer, and received a lot of referrals from various clubs on the west side. At some point a couple of years ago, he decided to leverage that into his own club. Originally he partnered with La Amistad soccer club, but that partnership ended and now ADF is an independent club. Due to OYSA nonprofit rules, ADF and the training business are separate, but many kids who play for the former are customers of the latter. Obviously, this has caused a bit of bad blood with the other clubs, as if he was taking referrals from other coaches with an intent to recruit the player (and not disclosing such), the ethics of that are dubious.

2) As part of bootstrapping his club, he got involved with Ben Billups, who provided the fledgling club with generous financial support. At some point last year, that relationship soured, and Billups (along with several payers and one coach) left.

3) Billups then apparently made a deal with the Portland Timbers, to sponsor an 05 academy team. To what extent he still exerts influence there is unclear, but six ADF 05s from last year are now on Timbers Academy.

However, I've never hear the suggestion that the Timbers have directly given ADF preferential treatment. If anything, the complaint is that the Timbers are biased in favor of the Alliance clubs.

Comment

The Timbers, AFAICT, haven't annointed ADF as the "conduit" for anything. Were they to do so, I can think of three Timbers Alliance clubs who would be royally ticked off, and rightfully so.

1) Jo had a successful career as a personal trainer, and received a lot of referrals from various clubs on the west side. At some point a couple of years ago, he decided to leverage that into his own club. Originally he partnered with La Amistad soccer club, but that partnership ended and now ADF is an independent club. Due to OYSA nonprofit rules, ADF and the training business are separate, but many kids who play for the former are customers of the latter. Obviously, this has caused a bit of bad blood with the other clubs, as if he was taking referrals from other coaches with an intent to recruit the player (and not disclosing such), the ethics of that are dubious.

2) As part of bootstrapping his club, he got involved with Ben Billups, who provided the fledgling club with generous financial support. At some point last year, that relationship soured, and Billups (along with several payers and one coach) left.

3) Billups then apparently made a deal with the Portland Timbers, to sponsor an 05 academy team. To what extent he still exerts influence there is unclear, but six ADF 05s from last year are now on Timbers Academy.

However, I've never hear the suggestion that the Timbers have directly given ADF preferential treatment. If anything, the complaint is that the Timbers are biased in favor of the Alliance clubs.

^^^in a nutshell^^^

Comment

Talking Soccer was better when it was just girls soccer. Just reminding you all.
                    We are still just talking about some little girls.

Parent's of boys (want there sons to grow up to be men) don't go on hear whining about preferential treatment, etc...

Comment

"Better"? Nope. This thread is sort of ridiculous and I agree with the person who suggested the OP talk to his/her son's coach, but it is nothing compared to the incessant Pong game of ECNL vs GDA or ECNL vs OYSA that the girls' parents have going on EVERY OTHER TS OREGON THREAD. People posting anonymously in this forum should ask themselves if they would actually speak the words they are typing aloud to someone standing next to them at a soccer game. If they answer is no, keep that ***** locked up!

Comment

Tracy Hasson is a joke. Seriously.

Comment

Apology for this thread

I want to apologize for starting this thread and all of the inappropriate, obnoxious comments I made.

I used this forum to vent frustration and I truly regret the stupid comments that I made.

I am sorry.

Comment

I want to apologize for starting this thread and all of the inappropriate, obnoxious comments I made.

I used this forum to vent frustration and I truly regret the stupid comments that I made.

I am sorry.
                            Apology not accepted, you're spot on.

Comment

LOL remember when all those commies told us that the DA would be the great equalizer and would get pay-to-play out of the equation? LOL, all it has done is make the required checks bigger.

Comment

LOL remember when all those commies told us that the DA would be the great equalizer and would get pay-to-play out of the equation? LOL, all it has done is make the required checks bigger.
                                Much of what has happened at ADF has nothing to do with the DA. If anything, the DA has impacted the ADF operation; rumor has it that Jo is now obtaining (or has obtained) his class A license. Care to guess why?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X