Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Boca United Academy Directors (DAs)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is South Florida Soccer at its finest - no consolidation of talent. You have two DA programs in Weston and Boca which are about 40 miles apart. Then you have no DA teams until Orlando. US Soccer has no idea what it is doing. If you had a team in eithe rBoca or Weston, and then another one up near the Palm Beach County/Martin County border, the talent would not be so fragmented. instead Weston and Boca split up the talent in South Palm Beach and North Broward Counties, and kids who live farther north have no established program to play in.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      This is South Florida Soccer at its finest - no consolidation of talent. You have two DA programs in Weston and Boca which are about 40 miles apart. Then you have no DA teams until Orlando. US Soccer has no idea what it is doing. If you had a team in eithe rBoca or Weston, and then another one up near the Palm Beach County/Martin County border, the talent would not be so fragmented. instead Weston and Boca split up the talent in South Palm Beach and North Broward Counties, and kids who live farther north have no established program to play in.
      Wellington may be getting a GDA, So that may help north palm beach girls a bit

Comment

More proof that USSF's GDA strategy is about power and dominance over ECNL instead of raising the level of youth soccer. Sad.

Comment

Wellington may be getting a GDA, So that may help north palm beach girls a bit
          That will make it worse by diluting the already small pool of players.

Comment

That will make it worse by diluting the already small pool of players.
            It will only get better, there are quality girls playing in Wellington pbg and others that are already playing at BU and Weston... they will move closer to home and some of the sunrise and Kendall area girls will also start filling in the spots. The level of sfyu npl rpl is so bad this year that some of the girls are seriously re considering avoiding DA... but since ur a troll go ahead and attack anything positive , gday

Comment

It will only get better, there are quality girls playing in Wellington pbg and others that are already playing at BU and Weston... they will move closer to home and some of the sunrise and Kendall area girls will also start filling in the spots. The level of sfyu npl rpl is so bad this year that some of the girls are seriously re considering avoiding DA... but since ur a troll go ahead and attack anything positive , gday
              That's funny. So having a different opinion than yours makes me a troll? OK. Let's sprinkle a little bit of reality on your dream.

There are already 2 DA teams in a 30 mile radius of each other. Those 2 clubs share a player pool from south martin county to the middle of dade county. When you add a 3rd GDA, only 25 miles away, without adding a new player pool, you are diluting the existing talent between 3 locations instead of 2. These players you are referencing from Sunrise and Kendall will be filling in spots that were previously taken by GDA players. If those players were so skilled, why are they not on the GDA now? Do you understand how this works? The more GDA teams you add, the more the level gets destroyed. And where are the new coaches going to come from? If you say the existing coaches, then what is the purpose of having a new GDA club? Why not take those same coaches and improve the existing teams? You don't need a GDA patch to make that happen.

Remember when FSPL was the 'elite' league. Then they expanded it to include more teams. What do we have now? The same level of soccer that you get in a local rec league, just titled differently.

But keep pushing your agenda and absence of reality. I'll just crawl back under the bridge into my troll lair.

Comment

the better sunrise Kendall etc girls will head over and there will def be enough of a pool to compete in Florida. Competing with non Florida teams is a different story. I think 3 teams for a population of over 6 million down here is comparable to Atlanta which has 4 GDA teams.

Comment

the better sunrise Kendall etc girls will head over and there will def be enough of a pool to compete in Florida. Competing with non Florida teams is a different story. I think 3 teams for a population of over 6 million down here is comparable to Atlanta which has 4 GDA teams.
                  If there are 'better' girls at Sunrise, Kendall, etc, then why are they not being recruited by the 2 GDA teams now?

Comment

Weston Kendall and Boca DA programs have shown they can play at a good level. All three clubs are respectable in terms of being competitive. One might be better than the other at times, but all can play. Boca has had some issues on the boy’s side, but for the most part the score lines show their teams are competitive, other than the mess that happened at the end of last season with the older team. The boy’s DA programs are really decent in SLF. I think they could all be better, but they can compete on a national level. It will be interesting to see what happens with Kendall and even Weston with the new MLS DA…if and whenever that happens.

As for the girls, Weston and Boca United historically have never been able to compete at a national level. Always good teams within SFL, as well as being good at the state level, but struggle at the regional level, whether USYS or ECNL last year. In my opinion we have always had good talent in SFL and some players do well playing at the college level. I really think the Boca and Weston are poorly coached and managed on the girl’s side. Sure people go back and forth on here talking nonsense about each other, but honestly both have little to show for what people are putting into it. Each side hype a coach or staff, this side or that side are better, blah blah blah; but neither are very good. I don’t think any of the SFL GDA coaches could make it in other regions around the country. You can go back and look at the bio info on some of these people and they haven’t done anything. The majority show little in the way of player production or winning meaningful events. Most show they had a poor track record as a college or club coach in a prior career.

Both Weston and Boca are attractive areas to work, but I don’t see either club trying to improve and recruit better coaches. It is just the same..

Comment

If there are 'better' girls at Sunrise, Kendall, etc, then why are they not being recruited by the 2 GDA teams now?
                      No ones going out to beg, come on now , it's 13 to 16 yr old girls playing soccer !!! If they want to stay where they are at and dominate , good for them , they know where the GDA s are if they want to play at the highest level

Comment

No ones going out to beg, come on now , it's 13 to 16 yr old girls playing soccer !!! If they want to stay where they are at and dominate , good for them , they know where the GDA s are if they want to play at the highest level
                        Exactly my point. Absolutely no reason to add a 3rd GDA in Wellington if the existing 2 GDA clubs are not already attracting the top talent.

Comment

Weston Kendall and Boca DA programs have shown they can play at a good level. All three clubs are respectable in terms of being competitive. One might be better than the other at times, but all can play. Boca has had some issues on the boy’s side, but for the most part the score lines show their teams are competitive, other than the mess that happened at the end of last season with the older team. The boy’s DA programs are really decent in SLF. I think they could all be better, but they can compete on a national level. It will be interesting to see what happens with Kendall and even Weston with the new MLS DA…if and whenever that happens.

As for the girls, Weston and Boca United historically have never been able to compete at a national level. Always good teams within SFL, as well as being good at the state level, but struggle at the regional level, whether USYS or ECNL last year. In my opinion we have always had good talent in SFL and some players do well playing at the college level. I really think the Boca and Weston are poorly coached and managed on the girl’s side. Sure people go back and forth on here talking nonsense about each other, but honestly both have little to show for what people are putting into it. Each side hype a coach or staff, this side or that side are better, blah blah blah; but neither are very good. I don’t think any of the SFL GDA coaches could make it in other regions around the country. You can go back and look at the bio info on some of these people and they haven’t done anything. The majority show little in the way of player production or winning meaningful events. Most show they had a poor track record as a college or club coach in a prior career.

Both Weston and Boca are attractive areas to work, but I don’t see either club trying to improve and recruit better coaches. It is just the same..
                          Who let you on this forum? This post is much too accurate. I will not have it.

Comment

They are / were being recruited, hard.
                            A lot of really good players took a pass on GDA in south florida.

In addition to the numerous ID camps, BU actively tried to recruit from every team in SF including Wellington, Sunrise, TB, etc. Offers were made and rejected.

Comment

They are / were being recruited, hard.
                              A lot of really good players took a pass on GDA in south florida.

In addition to the numerous ID camps, BU actively tried to recruit from every team in SF including Wellington, Sunrise, TB, etc. Offers were made and rejected.
                              We were offered a spot , but stayed in Wellington , rumor that Wellington will get GDA has been around since April. if they don't get GDA we will revisit our options because the level dropped dramatically

Comment

Are you kidding me. Some of these coaches would make Patino look soft on recruiting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X