Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don’t have a daughter on either team but my daughter wanted to go see some great soccer so we loaded up the Buick and drove over from Spokane, arriving ten minutes before kick off. Just in time to get some popcorn, diet Sprites with no ice and a couple of Ballpark frankfurters with ketchup and mustard and settle into the front row for a rousing game of footy. Emotions were high. Now is when I try to subtly make a point. Then I close but posing a hypothetical that leads you to my underlying point. Great game and I’m glad I made the trip out. My daughter will never forget that experience.
    Total fake. You never really drove over from Spokane. You are lying.

Comment

Total fake. You never really drove over from Spokane. You are lying.
      Thanks Captain Obvious. We all know that. Any time someone says they went to see a game when it wasn’t their kid ,it’s always fake.

Comment

Thanks Captain Obvious. We all know that. Any time someone says they went to see a game when it wasn’t their kid ,it’s always fake.
        I believe that is called sarcasm.

PS- I really went to the Lincoln v Jesuit game last night and I don't have a daughter at either school!

Comment

Sure all coaches wish they had a liability player on their squad. Good luck selling that perspective.
          Regardless of fan behavior, players are held accountable for their actions. You better believe college coaches frown upon bad behavior and inability of a player to control their anger & ego. The same player that flipped off fans yelled many f-bombs at her own teammates. A pattern of bad behavior is even worse than one outburst. That goes for all the players on both sides of a match. All coaches should be teaching their players the importance of good conduct.

Comment

I believe that is called sarcasm.

PS- I really went to the Lincoln v Jesuit game last night and I don't have a daughter at either school!
            Ironic? I went to the Blazer game the other night and don’t have a daughter on either team.

Comment

Ironic? I went to the Blazer game the other night and don’t have a daughter on either team.
              Right, you're just saying that.

Comment

Good or bad, aside from 5A, it looks like Westside Portland Area private schools dominate the girls finals. 2 more teams for the boys.

Comment

My DD plays for Mountainside, the new HS in Beaverton. They don't have a varsity team this year since the school is only freshman and sophs. Will play a varsity schedule next year but not in the Metro league. They will play a hybrid independent schedule. She plays club and knows a few of the girls on both Sunset and Jesuit and Southridge too.

My DD wanted to go and watch the Glencoe vs Sunset semi-final. She didn't have practice so I said sure.

My assessment (no expert) is it was a pretty physical game. Maybe the refs did let the girls get away with a bit more than I would guess he should have ?? Again, we don't have varsity at Mountainside so I told my DD that she had better get used to the pushing, hard shoulder bumps, and grabbing. I saw a couple of instances where girls went down with that I thought were late slide tackles but he said play on. One girl taken down in the box. Thought for sure it would be a penalty. Nope, indirect kick. A couple of other things like that. Again, pretty physical but he held his ground. I was curious about #12 from Glencoe. Has great foot work and foot skills. Lots of fancy dancing, scissor kicks, cross-overs, dribbles well but after all the dancing and dribbling at the middle of the field, not really much else. I think she had one shot but again, a lot of dancing and then a Sunset defender would toe poke the ball away after 4-5 mins. I felt like she was really a none factor. Although the Glencoe student section would get all jazzed up whenever she would juke someone or do a pullback and fake a Sunset girl out. A lot of nothing at the end of the night.

Sunset looked good. They have weaknesses and a few silly back passes to the GK could have been dangerous but in the end, Sunset took advantage of their chances. Glencoe probably possessed the ball more in the first half but couldn't get any shots off and Sunset maybe had 1/2 dozen shots but the one that they needed went in. Same in the 2nd 1/2....breakaway, juked the GK and it went in.

I have not seen Jesuit play this year so don't know how to compare them to Sunset? I assume it will be a good match?? We would go but have another family deal on Saturday so will miss the final.
                  Easy Jesuit win on Saturday. Sunset is always lucky to make the finals.

Comment

Easy Jesuit win on Saturday. Sunset is always lucky to make the finals.
                    Why when I read these do I always get the feeling some anonymous idiot is stirring the pot

Comment

Why when I read these do I always get the feeling some anonymous idiot is stirring the pot
                      No it's just some Jesuit parent with inadequacy issues. Not to worry, they all have them. You think it's bad for th Jesuit to non Jesuit parents? It's worse between the Jesuit to Jesuit parents.

Comment

2017 High School Girls Soccer

No it's just some Jesuit parent with inadequacy issues. Not to worry, they all have them. You think it's bad for th Jesuit to non Jesuit parents? It's worse between the Jesuit to Jesuit parents.
                        Karma is a b****, the purple Teletubbie won't have anything to dance around on the field about on Saturday. And his daughter will end high school never having won a state title. And we will all know she is not the player he worked so hard to promote all these years.

Comment

Karma is a b****, the purple Teletubbie won't have anything to dance around on the field about on Saturday. And his daughter will end high school never having won a state title. And we will all know she is not the player he worked so hard to promote all these years.
                          Unfortunately the cheaters will will again Saturday and add another banner. The chest thumping will continue, so proud of beating lower tiered teams who rely on players from within.

Comment

Except that she will get to go on, play college soccer, get her education paid for and continue to play the game she loves and is passionate about.....while your dd will be attending PCC Rock Creek and flipping burgers at the 185th McDonalds between her remedial classes......

Comment

"And we will all know she is not the player he worked so hard to promote all these years."

"Unfortunately the cheaters will will again Saturday and add another banner. The chest thumping will continue, so proud of beating lower tiered teams who rely on players from within."

Bunch of b*tches. The jealousy is palatable.

Comment

“We played a really good team and Glencoe was very deserving to be in the semi’s,” said Sunset head coach Ben Durano. “They gave us a heck of a game and Josh Richards has done a heck of a job. We’re fortunate to get through.”

Lots of trash towards Sunset and their coach on this site, so I wanted to go the other way. Durano is a class act in my book. Now I’ll duck expecting more crap to be thrown soon.

-Tide dad.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X