Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sure thing. Just make sure you record 'Stuck in the Middle' for them so they don't miss it!
    Yes!! Because 13 year olds, 15 year olds definitely don't watch TV! Or do anything else except soccer. They're machines! So. Out. Of. Touch.

Comment

Yes!! Because 13 year olds, 15 year olds definitely don't watch TV! Or do anything else except soccer. They're machines! So. Out. Of. Touch.
      Speaking of out of touch, again...since none of them have hit puberty all of this worthless chest-puffing.

Let the freakin' kids learn the game before you start ordering the NT kits...

Comment

Speaking of out of touch, again...since none of them have hit puberty all of this worthless chest-puffing.

Let the freakin' kids learn the game before you start ordering the NT kits...
        ulittle parents are always whack. they don't understand that in middle school puberty, declining interest, skill plateaus etc, cause big shifts in who's the stud by high school and who isn't. at eleven they think their kid will get a full d1 ride. by the time freshman year rolls around it's a very different story

Comment

ulittle parents are always whack. they don't understand that in middle school puberty, declining interest, skill plateaus etc, cause big shifts in who's the stud by high school and who isn't. at eleven they think their kid will get a full d1 ride. by the time freshman year rolls around it's a very different story
          All I hear are parents of slightly older kids trying to justify why THEY are not crazy and everyone else is. Newsflash. Anyone ranking any youth club team is whacked. You are, I am, everyone on this site is. The difference is some of us can admit it, while others toss around petty insults trying to justify their own level of crazy.

But hey, enjoy pretending any of this reallt matters because your kid is 15 or whatever you tell yourself the magic number is.

Comment

All I hear are parents of slightly older kids trying to justify why THEY are not crazy and everyone else is. Newsflash. Anyone ranking any youth club team is whacked. You are, I am, everyone on this site is. The difference is some of us can admit it, while others toss around petty insults trying to justify their own level of crazy.

But hey, enjoy pretending any of this reallt matters because your kid is 15 or whatever you tell yourself the magic number is.

True, but it works as the inverse. They younger this crap starts the crazier it is.

At least by 15 there's enough body changes that players are what they are. You are trying to justify some kids, who as mentioned half of which won't even be playing by 15, as some d!ck measuring exercise.

It's comical.

Comment

True, but it works as the inverse. They younger this crap starts the crazier it is.

At least by 15 there's enough body changes that players are what they are. You are trying to justify some kids, who as mentioned half of which won't even be playing by 15, as some d!ck measuring exercise.

It's comical.
              By the start of HS parents and players have a much better picture of where their player fits in. Yes you still get the few crazies, yelling at refs etc, but where their kid is going with soccer is more more defined by then. Many kids aren't even playing by HS.

Comment

Ranking 10 year olds by their win/loss record is beyond ridiculous. Maturity levels vary greatly at these ages. Sometimes they show up to play, sometimes they don't. What should be the focus is whether these kids are developing soccer skills and improving, bonding with their teammates, learning to play as a team, and having fun playing. Let them be kids, let them be young for as long as possible.

Comment

I can admit to being interested in rankings and records when my d was u11,12,13 etc...kind of a fun exercise but nothing more. Where I think you may be wrong is most of the top talent at u11 continues to be top talent in HS. Sure, there are a few exceptions but mostly the good kids stayed good

Comment

Quite frankly, who cares what will happen 3 years from now? Our kids play now and that's what we're discussing. Hate to break it to you, but 5 years from now, it's not going to matter one iota more than this how your kids u14 team did this season. Who cares? Enjoy it now. When it's over, it's over.

I find it really odd how many people came on a thread that is clearly titled about a certain age group just to bash those parents. The need to chest thump is astounding, and your obsession with what other people are discussing, which has nothing to do with you, is creepy and weird.

Comment

Here are my expert predictions for all the Girls 2007 thread haters:

Table finish:

1. SSS 19 points
                      2. NEFC 19 points
                      3. SOL 13 points
                      4. FC Boston 12 points
                      ————
                      5. FCUSA 10 points

Four team playoff:

1. SSS v. 4. FC Boston
                      2. NEFC c. 3. SOL

Give me a SSS v. NEFC final.

Comment

Here are my expert predictions for all the Girls 2007 thread haters:

Table finish:

1. SSS 19 points
                        2. NEFC 19 points
                        3. SOL 13 points
                        4. FC Boston 12 points
                        ————
                        5. FCUSA 10 points

Four team playoff:

1. SSS v. 4. FC Boston
                        2. NEFC c. 3. SOL

Give me a SSS v. NEFC final.
                        And, afterward, everyone only really cares where they are having ice cream later.

Better yet, two years from now 1/2 of these kids won't even care or even remember they played the game....

Comment

And, afterward, everyone only really cares where they are having ice cream later.

Better yet, two years from now 1/2 of these kids won't even care or even remember they played the game....

Pssssst. I don't want to crush your fantasies, but that's kinda true even for those oh so important older kids. NONE of this is going to matter to any of them 2 years from now. Wake up and go find a thread to post on that pertains to your own kids age group. This obsession with our 07 girls thread is weird!

Comment

Girls just wanta have fun!

Comment

This obsession with our 07 girls thread is weird!
                              Almost as weird as the obsession with ranking the teams made up of 10 & 11 year old girls....

Comment

Retired 04 List Guy checking in. You keep on going with your bad selves! Don’t let the list haters bring ya down. The part they all fail to comprehend is how silly they sound dissing “ranking U11 girls teams”, as if the rest of TS is a bastion of serious and important business. Come on people...It’s youth soccer for crying out loud. It’s ALL fun & games, and NONE of it is ANY MORE serious or important than anything else. Tell them all to go rank their NESAC programs and pull the sticks out of their butts.

Rank away!!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X