Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

04 Boys

I cant say Im sorry to see Brett leave, the Wash Timbers he had the making of two good boys teams at 01 and 99 age groups. He let both teams fall apart due to his view that they were of Sunny's making. All efforts were then put into making the 04 boys the new shinning beacon.
    While these kids are good lets wait and see how many fall off to football basketball and baseball over the next couple of years, also how those boys develop during their teenage growth spurts. This team could look so different in two years, which makes it a pity that the 99 and 01 teams were sort of left out to dry when they had the nucleus to kick on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yeah, I agree! They typically play out of the back, and press hard. We played against them all last year..and were one of my favorite teams to play against. Not really sure what all the negative comments are about, at least concerning this team. They are solid and seemingly well coached.
      Thanks Dad!

Comment

Thanks Dad!
        Thanks, dad? Really? You just can't stand someone giving credit to that team. I'm a dad, for sure. My kid plays for another DA team and I've seen all the DA teams play, and I've seen the three good OYSA teams play. If you are trying to say that the WaTimbers DA team didn't play well...then I can't imagine what games you were watching....or whether you know much about what you are watching.
        We only beat them once...they are a good team. Get over it.

Comment

Yeah, I agree! They typically play out of the back, and press hard. We played against them all last year..and were one of my favorite teams to play against. Not really sure what all the negative comments are about, at least concerning this team. They are solid and seemingly well coached.
          It had nothing to do with the coaching. Anyone can coach a group of top talent from SE Washington. They had seven ODP players.

Comment

It had nothing to do with the coaching. Anyone can coach a group of top talent from SE Washington. They had seven ODP players.
            Wow... 7 ODP players....

Your comments sound so stupid.

Comment

Wow... 7 ODP players....

Your comments sound so stupid.
              K

Someone is on tilt. 🤣

Comment

I wonder how they got to the point of being good enough to make ODP?
                Were they born that way?
                My son is one of the 11 kids from W T F C and it was our group of boys that had the intelligence to play the game correctly. Where the ODP team struggled was when you added players from clubs that aren't teaching the players how to play correctly.

In the end 8 players were offered Portland DA spots and only one accepted. It was a simple decision for my son but there were others that were torn. We stayed because of the coaching staff, good practices and outstanding facilities. It says something when players are willing to pay to play the game at a local amateur club as opposed to playing for free at an MLS Club.

Comment

Were they born that way?
                  My son is one of the 11 kids from W T F C and it was our group of boys that had the intelligence to play the game correctly. Where the ODP team struggled was when you added players from clubs that aren't teaching the players how to play correctly.

In the end 8 players were offered Portland DA spots and only one accepted. It was a simple decision for my son but there were others that were torn. We stayed because of the coaching staff, good practices and outstanding facilities. It says something when players are willing to pay to play the game at a local amateur club as opposed to playing for free at an MLS Club.
                  It certainly does say something. It says "I'm afraid to be a small fish in a big pond". Better to stay in the small pond.

Comment

What a classless thread. Brett still has 2 kids at the club - suspect this isn't easy for the family. Have some class and drop this thread for a couple of weeks.

Comment

What a classless thread. Brett still has 2 kids at the club - suspect this isn't easy for the family. Have some class and drop this thread for a couple of weeks.
                      Why? His decision to not give up all the outside activities that were interfering with him doing his job at the club.

Comment

It certainly does say something. It says "I'm afraid to be a small fish in a big pond". Better to stay in the small pond.
                        When the big pond cares more about the W's than its a good decision . I love all the negative comments are club gets . They are always screwing up somewhere , getting their own coaching office so they don't have to rent a hotel room for one . Building their own fields so they don't have too pay a rental fee for use . Not every boy's and girl's age group will have success but are club is having some through out . Not bad for a bunch of trailer park Vantuckin's now if we could just get the General Lee to do some doughnuts in are parking lot life would be great.

Comment

When the big pond cares more about the W's than its a good decision . I love all the negative comments are club gets . They are always screwing up somewhere , getting their own coaching office so they don't have to rent a hotel room for one . Building their own fields so they don't have too pay a rental fee for use . Not every boy's and girl's age group will have success but are club is having some through out . Not bad for a bunch of trailer park Vantuckin's now if we could just get the General Lee to do some doughnuts in are parking lot life would be great.
                          I bet if the General knew there is a dirt berm on the back of the property it be there . yeeehaaaaaw!!!!

Comment

You call that a parking lot? More like a motocross course. And now that the "savior" has left the club so will whatever top players are left - which aren't many but there are a few.

Comment

Were they born that way?

Must be the dentist.

Comment

of course they won't...welcome to the DA era. since the staff is just handed a USDA curriculum anyway, why do the clubs even need qualified coaches anymore? parents can read and follow directions for free.

Only wish they'd follow a curriculum...there is such a big difference in the quality of DA training right now, and this needs to stop, or get ready for a A and B structure in the DA...I'm not just talking about specific skill drills,, but also weighlifting, conditioning, nutrition. Most clubs fake it in that area, but they ones who take it seriously are at the top of the food chain in the DA. And not easy for players to move club to club with all the locked up "recruiting" rules. >

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X