High School Boys Soccer 2017-18 Season

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts on BL vs Somerville today? Obviously Somerville is offensively potent but they haven't seemed to play any real competition - barring medford who they struggled against

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Any thoughts on BL vs Somerville today? Obviously Somerville is offensively potent but they haven't seemed to play any real competition - barring medford who they struggled against
      neither team is in BSC so the troglodytes on this website dont care

Comment

neither team is in BSC so the troglodytes on this website dont care
        The Troglodytes suck more than Lewinski. Please stay away with your irrevelently bad team.

Comment

On BL Somerville: if the tournament were in league format, Somerville would have a strong chance of winning it. But it’s not, and anything can happen in a knockout game. BL are organized, have an excellent striker and, if they score first, will be hard for even Somerville’s strong offense to break down. Having said that, I still think Somerville will win but it’s not a slam dunk.

Comment

On BL Somerville: if the tournament were in league format, Somerville would have a strong chance of winning it. But it’s not, and anything can happen in a knockout game. BL are organized, have an excellent striker and, if they score first, will be hard for even Somerville’s strong offense to break down. Having said that, I still think Somerville will win but it’s not a slam dunk.
            'if the tournament were in league format'. Translation?

Comment

'if the tournament were in league format'. Translation?
              Not the op but perhaps he/she meant that if the game were just happening in the course of the regular season with no real pressure then they would coast to a relatively easy win. But now in a game where their season could be ended maybe they’ll be tight and choke. My issue with that is that it could apply to any team still playing.

Comment

Melrose just beat Pentucket on PKs. Was tied at 0-0 heading into PKs.

Comment

Any score on this game?

Comment

Somerville 2-1 over Latin in ot

Comment

Let’s be honest

D1 north 2/4 teams are from the Bay State league.
                      D1 South could potentially have 3/4 teams from the Bay State League and are guaranteed at least 1 at worst.

D1 South.

Weymouth beats Wellesley 1-0
                      Needham beats New Bedford 2-1 OT
                      Brainteee beats silver lake 3-1

In my opinion you’ll have 5 of 8 teams from the Bay State league in the eastern mass top 8 Division 1 teams.
                      The Lake over Braintree 1 0

Comment

The Lake over Braintree 1 0
                        Wasn't that close.... could've been 3-4.

Comment

SL

Silver Lake is a strong team. They lost one of their top senior forwards for the season but it has allowed their better young guys to step up.

Calling upset over Brockton in semis

Comment

Seems close to me.

Comment

This is absurd. The game was very competitive. Silver lake #20 is a real good player and made a great play on the counter. That was the only real great chance either team had. Both teams had a few half chances with braintree having a slight chance at a pk that wasn’t called. It could have gone either way.

At the end of the day I would say this was a fair result. But this silver lake team has next to no chance against Brockton. I thought braintrees inexperience on grass really showed. They had awkward touches all night.

Comment

Somerville 2-1 over Latin in ot
                                I'm a Somerville parent, and to be completely honest they had us. Though we dominated the midfield in the first half their defense and goalie were great and kept a shutout, a couple chances for BL but nothing spectacular. Whatever their coach told them at halftime it worked, because they scored within the first 3 minutes of the second half. They were clearly dominating and their center backs (#5 and #9- i believe), were very good. Somehow we got a penalty called, I was on the Somerville side (far side) and couldn't see what happened too closely but people were saying it wasnt a penalty. Apparently the keeper stepped off his line too quickly and so we got another one, which the keeper saved (again), but then we hammered in the rebound. For the rest of the game it was like the first half, we held the ball but their defense was excellent in shutting us down, there was a goal line save by a defender off a corner kick too. #11 (BL striker, super fast) had some more dangerous runs but didn't capitalize, then we went to golden goal OT and won off an own goal from a corner kick. Sucks for Boston Latin, they were truly excellent and I believe the first team to score on us first this entire season. It could've definitely gone either way. Highlanders roll.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X