Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DOC Compensation!

Who ever said Youth Sports doesn't pay well?
    Here is info. taken directly from the following clubs Tax Form 990:

2011 Form 990:
    Lake Oswego Soccer Club
    Youth Director: $97,043
    Dir. Coaching: $90,870
    Registrar: $64,627
    Business Manager: $39,927
    Contract Labor: $146,764

2012 Form 990:
    THUSC
    Dir. Coaching: $83,331
    Asst. Dir: $35,454
    Asst. Dir: $27,665
    Asst. Dir: $23,152
    Oper. Mngr.: $30,671

Looks like you're cherry picking here. Regards, who cares? These are full time jobs. What do you expect?

Comment

No Cherry picking here just examples. $100,000 seems excessive pay for youth soccer.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        No Cherry picking here just examples. $100,000 seems excessive pay for youth soccer.
        Whatever you are paid for what you do is probably excessive too.

Comment

Whatever you are paid for what you do is probably excessive too.
          Why are you such an *****?

Comment

Why are you such an *****?
            That poster is speaking the truth.

Comment

That poster is speaking the truth.
              2011 Form 990: https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo...990_201101.pdf

Actually the OP raises a very compelling question. Is $100,000 for a DOC too much?

Specific to LO I googled their 2011 990 form:
              Considering LO's total program revenue is $800k is 25% to two individuals too much?
              May say more about Club management decisions then worth of the employees but nonetheless when 40% of your total club revenue goes to pay just 4 employees that seems excessive. Would be interesting to know what the $150k in contract labor was for?
              Over 55% of total revenue for "employees"?
              If I were an LO member I'd be asking some questions of the Board. Guess no one volunteers at LO?

Comment

Actually the OP raises a very compelling question. Is $100,000 for a DOC too much?

Considering LO's total program revenue is $800k is 25% to two individuals too much?
                May say more about Club management decisions then worth of the employees but nonetheless when 40% of your total club revenue goes to pay just 4 employees that seems excessive. Would be interesting to know what the $150k in contract labor was for?
                If I were an LO member I'd be asking some questions of the Board. Guess no one volunteers at LO?
                They also draw extra money for each team they coach. A lot more than most advanced comp coaches

Comment

There are TriMet bus drivers that make over $100K.

People complain about the quality of soccer in Oregon all of the time. How can you expect to get the best if you don't want to pay.

Since you are not an LO member then why worry about it?

Comment

If you want a full time professional doc especial in an area that has a high cost of living, you have to pay 60-80k.

Comment

LO Directors $90k each

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo...990_201301.pdf

FC Director $70k

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo...990_201204.pdf

PCU Exec VP $125k, Director $82k, Ass Dir $72k

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo...990_201204.pdf

Westside Directors $80k each

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo...990_201112.pdf

THUSC Director $73k, Ass Dir $18k

https://bulk.resource.org/irs.gov/eo...990_201112.pdf

Comment

There are TriMet bus drivers that make over $100K.

People complain about the quality of soccer in Oregon all of the time. How can you expect to get the best if you don't want to pay.

Since you are not an LO member then why worry about it?
                        ... and SeaTac wants to raise the minimum wage to $15.00 hour.
                        Just because it's happening doesn't make it right / smart / realistic. At what point do we all stop and say BS!
                        Bottomline: as these "costs" escalate WE PAY FOR IT. Are we really getting what we are paying for? Is a F'n bus driver worth $100k? - I think we might be able to find a well qualified candidate for 50% less?
                        From a distance it sure seems like the members of LO are paying a premium for average results. In the "real world" of business those individuals would be replaced. Just say'in!
                        BTW: the same could be same for many of the clubs in the area. What gives? Why do we pay a premium and settle for average - It's our own damn fault.
                        Personally I don't think the club members have a clue how much their DOCs and other staff are being paid.

Comment

What's the big deal?

DOC's, although they may not be very popular, deserve to make some decent cash. They often work 5-7 days a week, and those work hours are on weekends and evenings. Doesn't sound ideal to me.

Oh yeah, they also have to deal with whining parents and kids.

If you don't like it, move back to rec.

Comment

DOC's, although they may not be very popular, deserve to make some decent cash. They often work 5-7 days a week, and those work hours are on weekends and evenings. Doesn't sound ideal to me.

Oh yeah, they also have to deal with whining parents and kids.

If you don't like it, move back to rec.
                            The term "worked "should be used very loosely.

I'd love to see what a legit weekly schedule for a DOC actually is.

I guarantee it includes a whole lot of sleeping in till 10 or 11 o'clock every day, except weekends of course

Comment

... and SeaTac wants to raise the minimum wage to $15.00 hour.
                              Just because it's happening doesn't make it right / smart / realistic. At what point do we all stop and say BS!
                              Bottomline: as these "costs" escalate WE PAY FOR IT. Are we really getting what we are paying for? Is a F'n bus driver worth $100k? - I think we might be able to find a well qualified candidate for 50% less?
                              From a distance it sure seems like the members of LO are paying a premium for average results. In the "real world" of business those individuals would be replaced. Just say'in!
                              BTW: the same could be same for many of the clubs in the area. What gives? Why do we pay a premium and settle for average - It's our own damn fault.
                              Personally I don't think the club members have a clue how much their DOCs and other staff are being paid.
                              And I'm sure you make too much too or do you think you are special and better than everyone else.

We pay a lot less for soccer than most of the country.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X