X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New League!

Cost: 20,000.00 a year
    Travel: 10-15hr bus rides or flights. 6 travel events.
    Exposure: 500 college coaches per game.

Requirements: You have to be elite. Not just your dd but the family has to be elite. The only way to get it is to invite the people to your house to do a screening. Training doesn't matter, you can train with home teams of whatever. No real emphasis on development besides the elite kids you are around in games.

Best teams and players: not always but again it says elite in the name so they only want the elite.

Expectation: Even if you dd isn't very good, the fact that elite people are in it makes you good by default.

Think about the Instagram and Facebook postings you could have if your dd is in the elite of elite leagues.

Excited? You should be. Apply now and get in before it's too late.

Elitest clubs/merged/alliance international league. Ecmail patch is everything. Get it.

Hi Cony.

Comment

Hi Angie.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Requirements: You have to be elite. Not just your dd but the family has to be elite. The only way to get it is to invite the people to your house to do a screening. Training doesn't matter, you can train with home teams of whatever. No real emphasis on development besides the elite kids you are around in games.

Best teams and players: not always but again it says elite in the name so they only want the elite.

Expectation: Even if you dd isn't very good, the fact that elite people are in it makes you good by default.

Think about the Instagram and Facebook postings you could have if your dd is in the elite of elite leagues.

Elitest clubs/merged/alliance international league. Ecmail patch is everything. Get it.
        Oh my goodness! Do they have spots left?! We heard elite and this must be the next best thing!

My dd is 12 years old and we are hoping to get her some really really good exposure to college coaches this year. I've already spread the word to the rest of the parents on our team and we are scrambling to recruit enough players to make the team. I need this. Well my dd needs this.

Comment

Sounds just like the OYSA / Timbers league.

Comment

My dd is going to play for a d1 school and we didn't give ecnl a second though even after people kept saying to go and do it.

Just let your dd decide what they need to get better and if that's traveling around the country to play in a league than great but my dd did it on her own and through her club. Easier on her and easier on my wallet.

Comment

My dd is going to play for a d1 school and we didn't give ecnl a second though even after people kept saying to go and do it.

Just let your dd decide what they need to get better and if that's traveling around the country to play in a league than great but my dd did it on her own and through her club. Easier on her and easier on my wallet.
              This isn't a slam .... just an analogy.
              You can get to the same place no matter what you drive. Some like to drive, and can afford, a Porsche - others a Kia. You arrive at the same destination but with a different experience.
              Who's to say what's right or better? It's an individual decision.
              How boring life would be if we only had one choice.

Comment

This isn't a slam .... just an analogy.
                You can get to the same place no matter what you drive. Some like to drive, and can afford, a Porsche - others a Kia. You arrive at the same destination but with a different experience.
                Who's to say what's right or better? It's an individual decision.
                How boring life would be if we only had one choice.
                One is a waste and overblown while the other is logical.

Comment

I'd still rather drive the Porsche if given the choice...

Comment

Too funny! What ever floats your boat ... then again mine's a mastercraft and yours must be a dingy ;)

Comment

Too funny! What ever floats your boat ... then again mine's a mastercraft and yours must be a dingy ;)
                      Warren Buffet proudly sets the example that a dinghy is OK, especially if it allows you to save for things like college etc...

Comment

The desperation is strong in this thread.

I for one rather pay more for a better, if still flawed product. Than pay less for an absolute pile of crap like any of the Timbers girls programs.

As for denigrating people who have money to burn, those who can afford to spend thousands a year on competitive soccer in any league format, are not normally people who have problems paying for college outside of it.

Comment

Hardy, har, har.......you're soooooooo efing FUNNY!!!!!

Reminds me of the Styx song Too much time on my hands

Get it?

Tool

Comment

I'd love to drive a Porsche & have a yacht but, sadly they're not in the budget. I bet my dd would love to do ecnl but it's not in the cards for her, just like my Porsche. I definitely don't begrudge ecnl though or folks who drive expensive cars. Everyone has a different budget and variety is the spice of life. We're in the middle - some folks can't even afford club soccer & tourneys. Nor odp. Plus, sometimes I get to ride in my friends' nice cars and it's pretty sweet!

Comment

The desperation is strong in this thread.

I for one rather pay more for a better, if still flawed product. Than pay less for an absolute pile of crap like any of the Timbers girls programs.

As for denigrating people who have money to burn, those who can afford to spend thousands a year on competitive soccer in any league format, are not normally people who have problems paying for college outside of it.
                              I don't totally disagree with you...I also will pay for quality. This whole conversation is kind of stupid though because ECNL doesn't exist in Oregon, if it ever does, no one knows what it will look like.

So to say you would rather pay a lot for something that doesn't exist instead of paying for what you have now is more a dream like statement than anything real.

It is also good to be careful about assuming just because you pay for something it makes it better.

You may drive a Porsche, and I may drive a pinto, that doesn't automatically make you a better driver, just like if you play ECNL and another player stays local, that alone will not make you better.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X