• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will it be called Tomfire?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Will it be called Tomfire?
      it could be really futuristic and be called x-tom, or tom-x. tom-x kind of sounds like a robot...

Comment

Is this a done deal?

Comment

Is this a done deal?
          No of course not. Wishful thinking and pipe dreams.

Comment

Yo Conny

About the cost of an ECNL program this from the Xfire Sea United merger announcement:

What will be the cost of participating in the ECNL program?
            With the combined efforts of the two Clubs, we anticipate that the fee for participating in the ECNL program will drop from $5,500 to $4,900 for the 2014-15 season. This will include all club fees, travel costs and the residential camp.

So for LESS than it costs to be a member of a top team & do ODP I get more bang for my buck.

What now Mr. I know evvvvvvvrrrrrrything about soccer?

Comment

About the cost of an ECNL program this from the Xfire Sea United merger announcement:

What will be the cost of participating in the ECNL program?
              With the combined efforts of the two Clubs, we anticipate that the fee for participating in the ECNL program will drop from $5,500 to $4,900 for the 2014-15 season. This will include all club fees, travel costs and the residential camp.

So for LESS than it costs to be a member of a top team & do ODP I get more bang for my buck.

What now Mr. I know evvvvvvvrrrrrrything about soccer?
              The way the folks in Seattle are able to do that is corporate sponsors…So where are you going to find sponsors in Portland willing to underwrite this program 3,000 X 20 players, you only need to find $600,000

Comment

The way the folks in Seattle are able to do that is corporate sponsors…So where are you going to find sponsors in Portland willing to underwrite this program 3,000 X 20 players, you only need to find $600,000
                your math is a little off, but thanks for playing

Comment

$60,000.00 from Nike is nothing to them.

Comment

$60,000.00 from Nike is nothing to them.
                    Yeah, someone is paying (Adidas?) probably close to $60,000 to send that boys team to Bayern Munich.

Comment

your math is a little off, but thanks for playing
                      Just so you can understand...the high number I have seen in here for ECNL is $8,500. In order to get to $5,500 it will require substantial money being raised. Typically clubs like to keep their own money for scholarships etc... So my question remains where do you find $600,000 ($3,000x20) to make this affordable?

Comment

Just so you can understand...the high number I have seen in here for ECNL is $8,500. In order to get to $5,500 it will require substantial money being raised. Typically clubs like to keep their own money for scholarships etc... So my question remains where do you find $600,000 ($3,000x20) to make this affordable?
                        Please type '3000' x '20' into a calculator. What does it equal?

Comment

Please type '3000' x '20' into a calculator. What does it equal?
                          This is pretty funny. Clearly this person is adding an extra zero...and that amount is just for one team. A full ECNL club will suit up U14 to U18 teams.

Without significant corporate support the costs for Oregon players to play for these, for now, theoretical ECNL teams will be well beyond what is being paid for Seattle based Crossfire.

Who knows, maybe there is corporate sponsorship that would step up.

Comment

This is pretty funny. Clearly this person is adding an extra zero...and that amount is just for one team. A full ECNL club will suit up U14 to U18 teams.

Without significant corporate support the costs for Oregon players to play for these, for now, theoretical ECNL teams will be well beyond what is being paid for Seattle based Crossfire.

Who knows, maybe there is corporate sponsorship that would step up.
                            So $60,000 a team and they will have 5 teams. Wow $300,000 seems like it would be a tall order to find in the Portland community.

Comment

Strong Math skills I see

Four teams times $60,000 is NOT $600,000.

Too many headers I guess!

Comment

numbers used still too high

WPFC will tell you that the all in cost is between $7,200 and 7,500 per year.

Getting corporate sponsorship for an ENCL team is easier than getting one for a local yokel team that does not travel or that is not seen on a NATIONAL basis. Picking up $50-60,000 per team from a national sponsor (see Xfire & T Mobile) is not only doable but is being DONE by many other ECNL clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X