Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It wasn't a pretty game by either team. Both teams have amazing players but one was the better team that game.

Two top teams who battle back & forth for wins. Last year Sodium was the victor every time they met, with a 4-0 win at State Cup finals. This year Crossfire won 2-1, then Sodium won 2-0, now Crossfire 4-0. Let's see what the next game brings.

Both group of girls are headed off to college to play soccer & get a college degree. Let's focus on their accomplishments & not insult one team or the other.
    Crazy. A cogent response. Thank you.

Comment

The corn-fed compliment from years ago always makes me laugh when i see anything about this team.

Comment

exactly.....

they were overhit balls played to forwards that went in. Take a gander.....every goal came off of no more than two connected passes.
        I didn't even see the game, but this is hilarious. No really, the 4 home runs that the Red Sox hit don't count...the didn't move runners around from the bases first!

And spare me the tired line about "learning to play the right way". You parents are such unbelievable idiots the entertainment is endless.

Comment

It wasn't a pretty game by either team. Both teams have amazing players but one was the better team that game.

Two top teams who battle back & forth for wins. Last year Sodium was the victor every time they met, with a 4-0 win at State Cup finals. This year Crossfire won 2-1, then Sodium won 2-0, now Crossfire 4-0. Let's see what the next game brings.

Both group of girls are headed off to college to play soccer & get a college degree. Let's focus on their accomplishments & not insult one team or the other.
          "Amazing teams" don't lose 2-0, much less 4-0. Both teams are mediocre. There are younger teams who will put as many players into college as these two teams combined. If these are great teams, then they lose to each other by a 1 goal differential.

Comment

"Amazing teams" don't lose 2-0, much less 4-0. Both teams are mediocre. There are younger teams who will put as many players into college as these two teams combined. If these are great teams, then they lose to each other by a 1 goal differential.
            Oh crap! Stanford guess you lost your amazing status due to your 2-0 loss to UCLA. UCLA, North Carolina & our beloved Pilots sorry you all suck because you have all lost games 2-0 or worse.

Comment

You don't know much about soccer do you.

Comment

The poster said there are amazing players, not that they are amazing teams. I think "amazing" is a bit strong either way, but both teams do have some terrific players and both teams have established that they are very good teams, including outside of Oregon. Don't take my word for it. Go ahead and check how they have done in tournaments down in CA and around the country the past few years.
                As someone else posted, you apparently don't watch much soccer. I see very good teams in EVERY sport lose badly, including in playoffs, and especially against relatively equal teams. It happens.
                As for your comment about players in college, I believe there are 25 plus girls on these teams who will be playing in college next year. Please identify the teams you have in mind that have more.

Comment

The poster said there are amazing players, not that they are amazing teams. I think "amazing" is a bit strong either way, but both teams do have some terrific players and both teams have established that they are very good teams, including outside of Oregon. Don't take my word for it. Go ahead and check how they have done in tournaments down in CA and around the country the past few years.
                  As someone else posted, you apparently don't watch much soccer. I see very good teams in EVERY sport lose badly, including in playoffs, and especially against relatively equal teams. It happens.
                  As for your comment about players in college, I believe there are 25 plus girls on these teams who will be playing in college next year. Please identify the teams you have in mind that have more.
                  These are two talented teams with easily 25-30 girls with scholarships to play in college.

This thread isn't about the girls or the teams. It is about taking a cheap shot at THUSC. This thread only proves THUSC is doing something right. They get threads dedicated to them when one of their teams loose big.

Comment

I am not sure what is wrong with some of the people who post here. And I don't have a daughter on either team, or even close to this age, so no real dog in this fight. But I have watched these teams, and to say they are mediocre not only insults your own intelligence but the girls. These are two of the TOP teams in the ENTIRE state of Oregon. A majority of the girls on both rosters are headed on to college on soccer scholarships.

for THUSC (taken from their website)

19 girls on this roster have signed and I see two have not, that's pretty amazing!

Congratulations to: The players, from left to right are:
                    Back row: Taylor Luty (Univ of Portland),Laura Camp (Still Deciding),Emmy Owens (University of Puget Sound),Aliyah Chance (College of Saint Rose),Taylor Coon (Arizona State), Dani Brown (Boise State), Kelly Priest (Lewis & Clark College), Kylee Coon (Clarke College), Kayla Currin (Warner Pacific College)

Front row: Mac Kearney (Clackamas Community College), Elly Williamson (Montana State University Billings), Jadyn McMillan (Portland State) Payten Sonnen (Dominican University of California), Easton Kawawaki (Point Loma Nazarene University), Lexi Frey (Loyola Marymount University),Kerri Cook (University of Oregon), Sydney VanSteenberge (University of Oregon), Elianna Beard (Marquette University)

Not pictured: Juliana Hairston Purdue University, McKayla Creamer Chemeketa College, Sarah Martin Undecided

and for Crossfire I am not as familiar with them, haven't been following as closely so I am not sure how updated this is but I see this from their website, still very amazing! 10 players signed!!
                    Annabella Geist
                    Oregon State

Jill Farley
                    Loyala Marymount

Adrian Nixt
                    Northern Arizon

Madison Campbell
                    Boise State

Chloe Bell
                    Idaho

Megan Landmark
                    Southwest Minnesota State

Mallory Walton
                    Azusa Pacific

Emilee Cincotta
                    Nebraska

Olivia Baggerly
                    Idaho

Bess Kitzmiller
                    Johns Hopkins

people posting on this sight preach over and over how small the odds of a kid making it past u18 soccer, how few get college scholarships, so doing the math here these are pretty amazing and incredible girls.

Comment

Hey D-bag, go to THUSC web page and you can see that the entire team has scholarships. Even if some may be just saying this, it is highly doubtful that they are all just saying this.

Comment

forgot to add to my big long post, that if these teams are mediocre at best, than any other teams are flat out horrible.

Comment

Hey D-bag, go to THUSC web page and you can see that the entire team has scholarships. Even if some may be just saying this, it is highly doubtful that they are all just saying this.
                          Scholarships ? or just committed to play/attend a specific school

Comment

These are two talented teams with easily 25-30 girls with scholarships to play in college.

This thread isn't about the girls or the teams. It is about taking a cheap shot at THUSC. This thread only proves THUSC is doing something right. They get threads dedicated to them when one of their teams loose big.
                            2 good teams, but 25-30 girls with scholarships to play? Com'on....not true.

Comment

Yeah their coach telling fellow coaches to FU, is doing something right? got it thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
                                Scholarships ? or just committed to play/attend a specific school
                                Does it even matter? They are a talented group of girls who worked really hard and accomplished a lot.

They lost one game big and look at this thread. It is an opportunity for people to attack them and THUSC.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X