Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Can't attack the facts so you have to attack the person. Feel better now? Now that's pathetic...
    Sorry, but when you belittle a bunch of kids to make yourself feel better than you are pathetic. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Comment

Without a moment of hesitation, I would say Yes. The State Cup is by far the most important factor in determining anything.

If a team beats another team by 1-2 goals (even if it was a PK, a mistake by a goalie, a defender out of position, or one fast forward who scored the goals) it definitely means that you want to be on that winning team above all else.

Forget your current good team with a positive coach, the development that your child is getting, or your child's team camaraderie and friends. FOLLOW THE TEAM THAT WINS! And then next year, follow that one. And so on and so on. Any other option is hurting your child.

http://www.nuvo.net/GuestVoices/arch...ng-in-the-pros

Comment

Sorry, but when you belittle a bunch of kids to make yourself feel better than you are pathetic. Sorry if the truth hurts.
        Done crying that river yet?

Comment

?

Says the guy who's son's team now has the chance to call themselves "state champs" even though there aren't any good teams in their little rec tourney.
          Actually you are wrong. I have a daughter who is playing in State Cup and was just perusing the blog this morning. I read your post and felt inclined to comment on your pointy headed post. I bet you are a delight to be next to on the sidelines.

Comment

State cup is pinnacle of soccer year. State cup is very good. Winner is strongest team in state which makes them king of clubs, yes? All other games are little baby games compared to powerful state cup. Yes, I think winning is good.

Comment

State cup is pinnacle of soccer year. State cup is very good. Winner is strongest team in state which makes them king of clubs, yes? All other games are little baby games compared to powerful state cup. Yes, I think winning is good.
              Let us know when you graduate from the guppie leagues. Yes fall league is nice to win, in fact it is nice to win any competition you enter... The reality stands however state cup is what allows you to progress to regionals. Regionals and nationals are what get you
              Invited to regional and national leagues and the cycle builds year after year.

Our teams have gotten to the point where they see the league play as paying an entry price to get to regionals and the true competition we seek. The statement (either way) that the winner of fall league or the winner of state cup is better than the other shows a real lack of experience in the game.

On the whole I believe the OYSA tournament will be harder for boys to win, I don't know as much about girls but I suspect the OPL tournament will be harder.

Comment

Let us know when you graduate from the guppie leagues. Yes fall league is nice to win, in fact it is nice to win any competition you enter... The reality stands however state cup is what allows you to progress to regionals. Regionals and nationals are what get you
                Invited to regional and national leagues and the cycle builds year after year.

Our teams have gotten to the point where they see the league play as paying an entry price to get to regionals and the true competition we seek. The statement (either way) that the winner of fall league or the winner of state cup is better than the other shows a real lack of experience in the game.

On the whole I believe the OYSA tournament will be harder for boys to win, I don't know as much about girls but I suspect the OPL tournament will be harder.
                My bet is that most of the teams that win the OYSA state cup won't even bother going on to regionals. Why go when you KNOW you don't belong...

Comment

My bet is that most of the teams that win the OYSA state cup won't even bother going on to regionals. Why go when you KNOW you don't belong...
                  Because there are fines if you don't go.

Comment

vs US CLub Regionals where ANY team can just pay the fee and enter the Regional Tournament.

Comment

Believe what you want...Oregon has multiple teams that have already qualified for regionals by winning the Far West Regional League. There are also multiple teams who have made it past group play, including a team past year that finished as the regional finalist.

If a team wins state cup they have shown they belong at regionals...

Comment

vs US CLub Regionals where ANY team can just pay the fee and enter the Regional Tournament.
                        At least those teams go because they have a chance...

Comment

Believe what you want...Oregon has multiple teams that have already qualified for regionals by winning the Far West Regional League. There are also multiple teams who have made it past group play, including a team past year that finished as the regional finalist.

If a team wins state cup they have shown they belong at regionals...
                          Qualifying for, and actually attending regionals are two very different things. Most won't go...

Comment

Qualifying for, and actually attending regionals are two very different things. Most won't go...
                            So I will assume from this comment your charming child's team won't go...I suspect they won't even qualify...so your opinion about not going, when you aren't even invited is really not worth a whole lot.

It is amazing how many parents on this board pontificate about attending surf vs. regionals, or attending the USYS regionals, or ... And yet most of them have probably never had an offer on the table to go to any of them.

Comment

So I will assume from this comment your charming child's team won't go...I suspect they won't even qualify...so your opinion about not going, when you aren't even invited is really not worth a whole lot.

It is amazing how many parents on this board pontificate about attending surf vs. regionals, or attending the USYS regionals, or ... And yet most of them have probably never had an offer on the table to go to any of them.
                              Assume all you wish. Just confirms your lack of clues...

Comment

Love the OPL......U15 girls Crossfire blue 2 team made the State Cup ??? They lost every game in Winter League. That makes you qualify ? Awesome stuff !!!!!!

ONYX wins again !

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X