Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The first post is congratulating the boys making roster. It must be out.
    My son just got and email saying he was an alternate but there was no list of players that made it. To be eligible the boys had to still be 15 or younger as of May 15, 2014. My understanding is it's paid for by Adidas and was open for TA players recommended by the DOCs.

Comment

My son just got and email saying he was an alternate but there was no list of players that made it. To be eligible the boys had to still be 15 or younger as of May 15, 2014. My understanding is it's paid for by Adidas and was open for TA players recommended by the DOCs.
      Bayern Munich. That's just huge. What a great opportunity.

Comment

That seems to be quite an age range if it's 15 and younger. Was there a cut off as to how young? I heard a few 2000's made the team.

Comment

That seems to be quite an age range if it's 15 and younger. Was there a cut off as to how young? I heard a few 2000's made the team.
          At tryouts were calendar 98's, calendar 99's, and just a few calendar 2000's... Going by the ODP/academy age criteria rather than club. There were definitely some 98 academy players at tryouts. I don't know who made it but I am guessing 1 2000 made it. My best guess for tryout numbers are 16 98's, 16 99's, and maybe 5 2000's.

I did watch the tryouts. A lot of talent and good soccer. Pretty fun to watch the 7 v 7 on the small field. Looked like the boys enjoyed it too.

To the boys that will go to Germany, enjoy it, learn from it, and good luck on the pitch as well.

Comment

At tryouts were calendar 98's, calendar 99's, and just a few calendar 2000's... Going by the ODP/academy age criteria rather than club. There were definitely some 98 academy players at tryouts. I don't know who made it but I am guessing 1 2000 made it. My best guess for tryout numbers are 16 98's, 16 99's, and maybe 5 2000's.

I did watch the tryouts. A lot of talent and good soccer. Pretty fun to watch the 7 v 7 on the small field. Looked like the boys enjoyed it too.

To the boys that will go to Germany, enjoy it, learn from it, and good luck on the pitch as well.
            Thanks for the info! Please share the roster when released. ...

Comment

Wow the 2000 must be pretty darn good to be able to compete with/against 98s! Very impressive!

Comment

Thanks for the info! Please share the roster when released. ...
                Everyone who tried out has already been told whether they made it or not. I doubt they will publish a roster, but maybe they will.

Comment

Wow the 2000 must be pretty darn good to be able to compete with/against 98s! Very impressive!
                  The soccer culture in America needs to stop looking at age and focus more on talent. In the correct environment, younger kids playing up should happen more often to help develop their full potential. Age and size can be beat with skill and speed!

Comment

The soccer culture in America needs to stop looking at age and focus more on talent. In the correct environment, younger kids playing up should happen more often to help develop their full potential. Age and size can be beat with skill and speed!
                    This is true, but age and size can often times physically harm younger smaller kids so some caution to those thinking their kid should play up. There are some smaller kids that just know how to physically control their bodies and can hang with the older bigger kids, and not get hurt. But that is rare.

Comment

This is true, but age and size can often times physically harm younger smaller kids so some caution to those thinking their kid should play up. There are some smaller kids that just know how to physically control their bodies and can hang with the older bigger kids, and not get hurt. But that is rare.
                      Very true! Especially in the US where size and speed takes precedent over skills, but then again, that is another thread. Congrats to all the boys!

Comment

If anyone finds the roster of ten boys, please post.

Comment

If anyone finds the roster of ten boys, please post.
                          Why would anyone post it here? If you are already invited you don't need confirmation here, and there are too many people who if not invited would use the information to complain about who was invited ( no matter who)

Comment

Why would anyone post it here? If you are already invited you don't need confirmation here, and there are too many people who if not invited would use the information to complain about who was invited ( no matter who)
                            no, i meant if they post it to the Timbers website or an Alliance website post the link. rosters are posted all the time for RTC, ODP, Academy, traveling squads, etc. and yes, not everyone is happy.

Comment

In response to this trip to Bayern Munich, I heard OPL is sending a group of 10 girls, all expense paid, to Woodburn to participate in a dribble clinic. They must camp in a tent but Larry the super coach and Samuel Houston Elementary grass is free to lucky chosen.
                              Hahahahaha this made me laugh. Only because of what a great chance this is for ta boys but the opl parents are already trying to hate on it. Sucks for them.

Comment

Brainstorm...quick...OPL possible counters? 1. An all expense paid trip to Seaside. Bus tickets...round trip...baby!

2. A pass-a-thon fund raiser. Equiped with a chocolate fountain, a popcorn machine and mimeographed copies of ex NASL greats.

3. Angie records your outgoing voicemail message on your cell phone...for free.

4. Gold PDP medallions....Run DMC style, yo.

5. A promise and a wink!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X