Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Which boots are light but have the best padding? My kid plays on turf a lot, especially this time of year, and has developed the habit of wearing multiple layers of socks to give padding, are there any cleats that have it already. For reference they wear predator LZ's but have worn the nike laser elites also...
    Nike CTR 360s. Comfortable and supportive.

Comment

Which boots are light but have the best padding? My kid plays on turf a lot, especially this time of year, and has developed the habit of wearing multiple layers of socks to give padding, are there any cleats that have it already. For reference they wear predator LZ's but have worn the nike laser elites also...
      Most importantly, she is wearing turf soles not regular blades on turf right? Wearing regular cleats on turf is an absolute killer on the knees and ankles, it also constantly gets the ball stuck under you when they catch.

adidas Copa Mundials and Nike Tiempos are the most padded I have found, Nikes are super narrow though, so have her actually try different boots on.

Comment

My child's feet are so narrow and finding cleats narrow enough are very difficult. I was told the Nike Hypervenoms are for narrow feet, tried those on and No, way to wide and can't even lace them tight enough. What soccer cleats are made for really narrow feet? It's been a nightmare trying to find some.

Comment

Women's only

My child's feet are so narrow and finding cleats narrow enough are very difficult. I was told the Nike Hypervenoms are for narrow feet, tried those on and No, way to wide and can't even lace them tight enough. What soccer cleats are made for really narrow feet? It's been a nightmare trying to find some.
          If for a girl, I'm sure you have tried actual women's cleats - they are actually a half-size narrower than men's, and different makes vary a bit more. My DK was wearing the women's Nike Mercurial for a couple of years, but recently switched to an Adidas leather (they actually came with 2 insoles for different cushion level, which is nice). Far fewer choices available, which is frustration, but the only way to go for more narrow feet to get a proper fit. Far Post has a few, as does Tursi's - be sure to check the clearance section. Dick's used to carry more, but seem to have fewer now, though they will special order them, which doesn't always work if you need them immediately.

Comment

If for a girl, I'm sure you have tried actual women's cleats - they are actually a half-size narrower than men's, and different makes vary a bit more. My DK was wearing the women's Nike Mercurial for a couple of years, but recently switched to an Adidas leather (they actually came with 2 insoles for different cushion level, which is nice). Far fewer choices available, which is frustration, but the only way to go for more narrow feet to get a proper fit. Far Post has a few, as does Tursi's - be sure to check the clearance section. Dick's used to carry more, but seem to have fewer now, though they will special order them, which doesn't always work if you need them immediately.
            The ones she currently has are Youth Nike Mercurials and they are way to wide. Would a women's cleat be better? It would need to be a size 6 and what clear would be narrow enough. It seems to be more of a problem as she gets older and we are having a horrible time finding something narrow enough.

Comment

cleats

The ones she currently has are Youth Nike Mercurials and they are way to wide. Would a women's cleat be better? It would need to be a size 6 and what clear would be narrow enough. It seems to be more of a problem as she gets older and we are having a horrible time finding something narrow enough.
              Been there, done that. Yes, Youth cleats are wider than women's as well. I forget what the translation is from youth-women's - maybe youth 4 to women's 6? Rumor has it that Dick's is re-stocked w/a better women's selection, and if you have the club points, coupons, etc., you can do pretty well there. Like I said, mine had worn the Nike Mercurials for the last 3 years, maybe, but this last time, they were hitting her heel/ankle wrong, so we went to an Adidas leather version that felt much better (found at Far Post, clearance room). Good luck!

Comment

Been there, done that. Yes, Youth cleats are wider than women's as well. I forget what the translation is from youth-women's - maybe youth 4 to women's 6? Rumor has it that Dick's is re-stocked w/a better women's selection, and if you have the club points, coupons, etc., you can do pretty well there. Like I said, mine had worn the Nike Mercurials for the last 3 years, maybe, but this last time, they were hitting her heel/ankle wrong, so we went to an Adidas leather version that felt much better (found at Far Post, clearance room). Good luck!
                We have that problem too, she likes to wear an arch support and that helps with too wide.

Comment

We wear slip-on plastic crocs for practices and penny loafers for games. We feel the crocs breath well during drills and the loafers class up the pitch at game time a wee bit. Cheers!!

Comment

We wear slip-on plastic crocs for practices and penny loafers for games. We feel the crocs breath well during drills and the loafers class up the pitch at game time a wee bit. Cheers!!
                    And you wear your jock strap on the outside of your shorts on game day!

Comment

Lol. Any word on how to get a Nike employee store pass? I wish they were more liberal with sharing these with the public.

Comment

Lol. Any word on how to get a Nike employee store pass? I wish they were more liberal with sharing these with the public.
                        right? i get at least one pass per month to go to Adi..

Comment

Are the Nike Tiempo cleats more narrow than the Nike Mercurial cleats? Also which is more comfortable?

Comment

Are the Nike Tiempo cleats more narrow than the Nike Mercurial cleats? Also which is more comfortable?
                            No, the other way around. Mercurial's are fairly narrow. My DD can't wear them. She wears Tiempos and CTRs in men's sizes.

Comment

Is there a way to waterproof kangaroo leather soccer cleats? Or should people in Oregon forget owning a pair?

Comment

Is there a way to waterproof kangaroo leather soccer cleats? Or should people in Oregon forget owning a pair?
                                No, there is not any useful aftermarket way of waterproofing leather cleats. Although there are many different sprays and coatings, the problem is that whatever surface protection they provide, is gone in about 5 minutes of heavy use in a soccer game. Even the treatments that are done during the tanning process are pretty limited in their effectiveness. Basically K leather sucks in water and Oregon is always wet.

There are some K-leather/synthetic hybrids that are a little better at staying dry, but with all the improvements in synthetics over the years, I just stick with those now. K leather is just fine in the summer of course.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X