Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OK first. Take a look at the ECNL schedule. There are only a certain number of teams that started on the labor day weekend. You posting this shows me that you are not truly aware unless you mis-spoke. Take a look at Crossfire's schedule. Crossfire's games did not start until December.

You have also heard differently about the expansion. There will be two ECNL clubs in Oregon starting before the end of this year. It is already more or less a done deal.
    Ok. I don't know what I'm talking about. ECNL going to take 2 Oregon clubs. So far I've heard why are they coming to meet if they are not selecting? Maybe to evaluate for when they do add? Like I said before. Not going to happen this year.

Comment

Yes

I have also been told there will be 2 ECNL clubs next year in Portland. Boise does have a travel partner it's Utah Avalance. Both Crossfire and WPFC are playing them this weekend. Both Utah and Idaho do have home games look at the ECNL Schedule. Crossfire and WPFC are part of the NW confrence with 10 teams in the pacific division and there is only 4 clubs currently in that division, making it the smallest division in ECNL. My thoughts would be Crossfire Oregon will get one offer as they have Crossfire Seattle to back them up and support them durring startup and FC Portland FC, Timbers and THUSC will fight it out for the 2nd spot. Who knows we will find out soon enough. This whole thing is going to really put a frenzy in Portland girls soccer no matter who gets it. It will definitely increase the the soccer size of the clubs that do get it on the girls side. It is a very expensive endouver for the club and players. Player cost will be 5-7k per year with travel included. Most of the ECNL clubs have big financial sponsor support and huge rec through premier programs both on boys and girls sides. They also have the fields to support a program like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
        Does Idaho have two ?
        Yes. Boise is paired with Utah Avalanche which aren't far away

Comment

So hypothetically speaking who would be the 2 OR clubs to get ECNL? Fc, Thusc, Crossfire or are there others? Does the fact that Thusc and Fc are so close geographically mean only one of them could be considered?

Personally I think it will be between those 3.
          Those are the only 3 that have applied...

Comment

I have also been told there will be 2 ECNL clubs next year in Portland. Boise does have a travel partner it's Utah Avalance. Both Crossfire and WPFC are playing them this weekend. Both Utah and Idaho do have home games look at the ECNL Schedule. Crossfire and WPFC are part of the NW confrence with 10 teams in the pacific division and there is only 4 clubs currently in that division, making it the smallest division in ECNL. My thoughts would be Crossfire Oregon will get one offer as they have Crossfire Seattle to back them up and support them durring startup and FC Portland FC, Timbers and THUSC will fight it out for the 2nd spot. Who knows we will find out soon enough. This whole thing is going to really put a frenzy in Portland girls soccer no matter who gets it. It will definitely increase the the soccer size of the clubs that do get it on the girls side. It is a very expensive endouver for the club and players. Player cost will be 5-7k per year with travel included. Most of the ECNL clubs have big financial sponsor support and huge rec through premier programs both on boys and girls sides. They also have the fields to support a program like this.
            The clear choices are Crossfire and FCP. If anybody gets ECNL it will be those two clubs.

Comment

The clear choices are Crossfire and FCP. If anybody gets ECNL it will be those two clubs.
              May be right, but what is your logic on those 2

Comment

You are either joking or don't know what you're talking about. There is only one club who is competitive outside Oregon. What has either of these two clubs won? How many NWCL championships do these clubs have?

Do the math. Your GUESS doesn't add up and is little more than wishful thinking.

Comment

You are either joking or don't know what you're talking about. There is only one club who is competitive outside Oregon. What has either of these two clubs won? How many NWCL championships do these clubs have?

Do the math. Your GUESS doesn't add up and is little more than wishful thinking.
                  So I am guessing you are referring to THUSC? If so then give us your perspective on why they deserve it over the other 2 and who you would take as the second choice.

Comment

So I am guessing you are referring to THUSC? If so then give us your perspective on why they deserve it over the other 2 and who you would take as the second choice.
                    It's easy. THUSC has accumulated the best results of any Oregon club regionally. If (not when) FC Portland and Crossfire Oregon travel, they rarely even compete in the top brackets. THUSC does so consistently. THUSC also gets into tournaments FC Portland and Crossfire Oregon don't even get into.

THUSC has won 6 NWCL championships. FC Portland has won 0. Crossfire might have won one a few years back.

Crossfire should be the second choice. They field more competitive teams than FC Portland. Better quality and results.

Comment

Is TA / THUSC still on the US Club Soccer board?
                      If so does this carry any weight in the decision of who is granted an ECNL birth?
                      The old adage, "it's who you know ..."

Comment

It's easy. THUSC has accumulated the best results of any Oregon club regionally. If (not when) FC Portland and Crossfire Oregon travel, they rarely even compete in the top brackets. THUSC does so consistently. THUSC also gets into tournaments FC Portland and Crossfire Oregon don't even get into.

THUSC has won 6 NWCL championships. FC Portland has won 0. Crossfire might have won one a few years back.

Crossfire should be the second choice. They field more competitive teams than FC Portland. Better quality and results.
                        This is a fair perspective and I can see your point of view.

It would be interesting to know the criteria for deciding between 2 clubs going head to head. I presume they take into account club history, quality of teams, teams success, quality of coaching staff, fields, infrastructure etc etc

I think that given the proximity of THUSC and FC it will be one from those two and then Crossfire as they are in a different catchment area.

Whoever misses out could be left in a real mess because I would imagine there would be player migration to an Ecnl club. Mind you the same can be said of the remaining OPL and OYSA clubs I guess.

Comment

This is a fair perspective and I can see your point of view.

It would be interesting to know the criteria for deciding between 2 clubs going head to head. I presume they take into account club history, quality of teams, teams success, quality of coaching staff, fields, infrastructure etc etc

I think that given the proximity of THUSC and FC it will be one from those two and then Crossfire as they are in a different catchment area.

Whoever misses out could be left in a real mess because I would imagine there would be player migration to an Ecnl club. Mind you the same can be said of the remaining OPL and OYSA clubs I guess.
                          The club also has to be able to field good teams at all age groups from U14 to U18. FCP is more consistent at that than THUSC.

Comment

The club also has to be able to field good teams at all age groups from U14 to U18. FCP is more consistent at that than THUSC.
                            Are you sure about that? Let's continue to use NWCL as a benchmark. How many teams does FC Portland have in NWCL next year?

Comment

Are you sure about that? Let's continue to use NWCL as a benchmark. How many teams does FC Portland have in NWCL next year?
                              What if you look at a 10-15 year history of results and college placements? ECNL doesn't want the latest "flash in the pan", they want solid clubs with long track records of success.

Comment

What if you look at a 10-15 year history of results and college placements? ECNL doesn't want the latest "flash in the pan", they want solid clubs with long track records of success.
                                10-15 years is irrelevant. Where your club is going today is what matters. FC Portland has been on a long gradual decline for years.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X