Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are familiar with the area, you seed a problem immediately. 1 and 2 are an A and B team. Other teams in the top 10 are second division teams. Completely absent are top teams like FC Portland, Wash Timbers, THUSC, and the like.

So something is wrong. Head to head results would not even support this considering many of the top ranked teams don't even play each other due to many of them being second division teams.
    There is something wrong with some of the links. It depends on how you get to the rankings. In certain links, it has only 10 or so teams in Oregon and makes no sense. If you keep fishing around you can find the full rankings. I can't tell you how I get there, but I always seem to find it.

Comment

The rankings are fantastic. The guy that thinks otherwise is one of those parents that has a warped sense of reality on his DD's team. That's what is beautiful about last planet. It's not subjective. It's math. Of course every now and then I have found an error in the data. When that happens I have emailed the last planet guy and he corrected it after verifying the accuracy of my input. Good guy too.
      Common sense will tell you otherwise. Math with bad data yields bad results. No one I the are would agree with this ranking. Half the top 10 teams don't even play in the top divisions.

As I said, I like the concept. The problem is with the data or the formula needs to account for lower divisions where more competitive teams don't even play these teams.

Comment

The local rankings seem about perfect for my kids' age groups. My subjective ranking would match last planet almost perfectly.

Comment

Common sense will tell you otherwise. Math with bad data yields bad results. No one I the are would agree with this ranking. Half the top 10 teams don't even play in the top divisions.

As I said, I like the concept. The problem is with the data or the formula needs to account for lower divisions where more competitive teams don't even play these teams.
          Simple. Drill into the data and take a look. If it is wrong, you can email the last planet guy and he will fix it. But I find it odd that your data is so wrong. I looked through the data in my kids' age groups and there were zero mistakes that I could find.

Comment

Simple. Drill into the data and take a look. If it is wrong, you can email the last planet guy and he will fix it. But I find it odd that your data is so wrong. I looked through the data in my kids' age groups and there were zero mistakes that I could find.
            Common sense tells you the rankings are wrong. Second division teams in the top 10. Teams who are 1 and 5 in the spring outranking others losing games 10-0.

I don't have the time or desire to dig through the data. The rankings are clearly off. I'm sure it is due to the league split.

I am also sure you are an EST crazy parent.

Comment

Common sense tells you the rankings are wrong. Second division teams in the top 10. Teams who are 1 and 5 in the spring outranking others losing games 10-0.

I don't have the time or desire to dig through the data. The rankings are clearly off. I'm sure it is due to the league split.

In the time it took you to respond like a jerk on this thread, you could have looked through the data and responded to last planet. I happen to enjoy the website, and when I saw a few errors early I had them fixed. Took me 15 minutes and now it's more fun to periodically glance at the rankings or throw a few predictors in. But whatever. What do I care.

Comment

If you are familiar with the area, you seed a problem immediately. 1 and 2 are an A and B team. Other teams in the top 10 are second division teams. Completely absent are top teams like FC Portland, Wash Timbers, THUSC, and the like.

So something is wrong. Head to head results would not even support this considering many of the top ranked teams don't even play each other due to many of them being second division teams.
                You have to look at the rankings under the tab "Western G01 Rankings" and "All West". Those are the up-to-date rankings as of last weekend. The other rankings under "Pacific NW Girls" haven't been updated since early February and don't include spring league games. Also, the rankings drop out teams that haven't played for 3 months (to eliminate the many many teams that fold throughout the year)

Comment

Originally posted by All for One View Post
                  You have to look at the rankings under the tab "Western G01 Rankings" and "All West". Those are the up-to-date rankings as of last weekend. The other rankings under "Pacific NW Girls" haven't been updated since early February and don't include spring league games. Also, the rankings drop out teams that haven't played for 3 months (to eliminate the many many teams that fold throughout the year)
                  To make it easier, here's the link for latest G01 ratings

http://lastplanetranking.***********...1-ratings.html

Comment

For being so sure about so many things, you sure are wrong a lot...

Comment

Boys U11-U18 LastPlanet Ratings

Updated April 23

Boys U11-U18 (B02 - B95) tables updated.

Boys page: http://lastplanetranking.************ (blue tabs at top)

Match Predictor (select the opponents, get a prediction): http://lastplanetranking.***********...predictor.html

This update was mainly focused on getting all the Oregon teams updated. Lots of new leagues with the return of OYS leagues and cups. Also there was lots of re-branding...and with that new team names. It was hard sorting out when teams changed 'color'---especially a case where the A and B teams swapped color---but hopefully it's mostly fixed now. Definitely look at your team (click the name in table and go to 2nd page of pdf) and let me know if you see wrong matches listed (lastplanetranking@gmail.com). One club seems to be playing both OPL and OYS: River Plate with one name used in OPL and another in OYS. RPSC 24K B00 (aka NPS 24K B00) seems to have played 67 games(!) but I'm pretty sure it's the same team (playing back-to-back games every weekend...). I could find nothing to suggest that there is a A and B team under that name.

This update includes:
                      * WA D6, Idaho D3 spring games updated
                      * updated WYS cup games, added Eastern WA Cup prelim games
                      * OYS Presidents Cup, OYS State Cup, OYS Timbers and Thorns League (Premier, Division 1, Red, White)
                      * OPL Directors Cup, OPL State Cup, OPL spring leagues
                      * SoCal National Cup

--LP

PS: These are statistical estimates of the scoring and defense strengths of teams based on a large number of games. The algorithm estimates 'strength of schedule' and once the of games is above 20 or so, the estimate is pretty stable and predicts well how the team will do against stiffer/weaker competition. The tables are not rankings---they are estimates of teams that are similar strength. #10, 11 could be basically identical in strength or #10 could be much stronger than #11. You have to look at the strength rating. Difference of >100 is big. Difference >200 very big. <50 teams are pretty similar.

Comment

If you want to get to the match predictor from a smart phone use this:

***********/matchpredictor

It doesn't have the blogger skin so shows up better on a small screen.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X