Id2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The girls ODP in OR has really started to decline as the costs continue to soar. The best players are not all out there. Some ages are very thin when it comes to top talent. It is about who can afford it too often these days. There are some good coaches still involved but some of the best coaches have stepped away in the last few years. This hasn't helped the credibility of girls ODP.

I hope that the Timbers or Thorns can make some financial contributions to make sure the costs don't exclude the best players.

Comment

The costs haven't gone up, they are just not being subsidized by OYSA any longer. Part of it's [ODP] funding came from players card fees. With the loss of revenue of teams/clubs going to OPL there is no more excess to share.

Comment

Originally posted by Marbull View Post
        The costs haven't gone up, they are just not being subsidized by OYSA any longer. Part of it's [ODP] funding came from players card fees. With the loss of revenue of teams/clubs going to OPL there is no more excess to share.
        Marbull why do you always speak out of your ass? You have know idea about the excess or deficit from the fees from USYS cards.

There is an increase in ODP costs. Do you think the Timbers are running ODP and the RTCs for free? The "profits" from running ODP and the RTCs are being used to subsidized the Timbers Academy. The Timbers Academy exists because it is mandated by the MLS. Feel free to check with Erik Lyslo.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          Marbull why do you always speak out of your ass? You have know idea about the excess or deficit from the fees from USYS cards.

There is an increase in ODP costs. Do you think the Timbers are running ODP and the RTCs for free? The "profits" from running ODP and the RTCs are being used to subsidized the Timbers Academy. The Timbers Academy exists because it is mandated by the MLS. Feel free to check with Erik Lyslo.

Im sure you were born during the day (probably time for your mom's next drink), but was it Yesterday ?

Do you ever read the OYSA board meeting minutes ? Can you read at all, or are pictures a better way of communicating ?

I just love you "younger parents" thinking that the way things are today is how it's been forever and Ive read how the Timbers are just skimming it all off the top to feed their academy programs.

Put the pipe down before you hurt yourself thinking up a reply

Comment

That is a bad word and I dont like that kind of language on this board. I will report this.

Comment

That is a bad word and I dont like that kind of language on this board. I will report this.
              "profits" ???

Comment

Hey ya'll. I gotta go to work now. Being a pimp is a full time job.

Sing with me for a bit while I walk on out:

All my friends know the low rider
                The low rider is a little higher
                Low rider drives a little slower
                Low rider is a real goer
                Low rider knows every street yeah!
                Low rider is the one to meet yeah!
                Low rider don't use no gas now
                Low rider don't drive to fast

Comment

Im sure you were born during the day (probably time for your mom's next drink), but was it Yesterday ?

Do you ever read the OYSA board meeting minutes ? Can you read at all, or are pictures a better way of communicating ?

I just love you "younger parents" thinking that the way things are today is how it's been forever and Ive read how the Timbers are just skimming it all off the top to feed their academy programs.

I'm in the process of starting a new reality show. I definitely want you in it. I think you are similar to Mama June from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo in character and could make quite a name for yourself while making me rich. Please leave me your contact info so we can get this ball rolling.

Comment

Marbull are your really that stupid? Do you think the Timbers are doing this all for free? OYSA is non profit so from their end they are going to break even or record a loss. I have no issues with the Timbers making money. I am just pointing out how stupid you are in thinking that the fees are higher now simply because there are less USYS cards in Oregon. I have read some of your posts and you are about as stupid as they get. I don't care how many older kids you have... you still have no clue.

Comment

Hey ya'll. I gotta go to work now. Being a pimp is a full time job.

Sing with me for a bit while I walk on out:

All my friends know the low rider
                      The low rider is a little higher
                      Low rider drives a little slower
                      Low rider is a real goer
                      Low rider knows every street yeah!
                      Low rider is the one to meet yeah!
                      Low rider don't use no gas now
                      Low rider don't drive to fast
                      What exactly was the point of this post? How is it relevant?

Comment

What exactly was the point of this post? How is it relevant?
                        Just letting my fans and haters know I was signing off for the night. What is yours ??

Comment

Marbull are your really that stupid? Do you think the Timbers are doing this all for free? OYSA is non profit so from their end they are going to break even or record a loss. I have no issues with the Timbers making money. I am just pointing out how stupid you are in thinking that the fees are higher now simply because there are less USYS cards in Oregon. I have read some of your posts and you are about as stupid as they get. I don't care how many older kids you have... you still have no clue.
                          Not to jump in uninvited, but you are just as stud in trying to compare apples and oranges…Before the original OYSA OPL split ODP was a program that saw it's costs split across all players statewide (competitive/rec). OPL split off because they felt it was wrong for them to be funding other programs on their backs…As the reality of this set in ODP now had to be funded just on the backs of the ODP participants. This did not raise the total cost, but it did raise the per-player fee. It is also true that a portion of the revenue from player cards went to cover ODP costs, with less Player cards, again a greater burden passed through to the participants.

Yes, the charge per participant has increased significantly,but the real cost has not changed, it is just charged directly now instead of being absorbed elsewhere…When you lean out an organization it shows the rocks a lot more. One of those be careful what you wish for type things.

Comment

Not to jump in uninvited, but you are just as stud in trying to compare apples and oranges…Before the original OYSA OPL split ODP was a program that saw it's costs split across all players statewide (competitive/rec). OPL split off because they felt it was wrong for them to be funding other programs on their backs…As the reality of this set in ODP now had to be funded just on the backs of the ODP participants. This did not raise the total cost, but it did raise the per-player fee. It is also true that a portion of the revenue from player cards went to cover ODP costs, with less Player cards, again a greater burden passed through to the participants.

Yes, the charge per participant has increased significantly,but the real cost has not changed, it is just charged directly now instead of being absorbed elsewhere…When you lean out an organization it shows the rocks a lot more. One of those be careful what you wish for type things.
                            The player fees at the clubs have always been paid for by the parents, so really the clubs carried no weight. Now that players fee profit has been eliminated (players now registered at US Club) and the newly structured fees at OYSA, the reduction in expense to the clubs has not been shared with the parents.

So the ODP program lost a portion of it's revenue, the cost of services to the club have been reduced but yet the cost to the parent to play at the club stayed the same. In reality, the parents are still paying for ODP, just none of it is now making it's way to the program, instead it's staying at the club.

Comment

Players

Did anyone go and watch the sessions at Lake Ridge for the boys 2000's did any one standout or look worth putting time into?

Comment

Did anyone go and watch the sessions at Lake Ridge for the boys 2000's did any one standout or look worth putting time into?
                                It was boys 2001 and girls 2000.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X