Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id2

Is ID2 worth the trouble? Saw on the other thread a few comments, wanting hear from some who have done it and been if it is worth trying to get involved?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Is ID2 worth the trouble? Saw on the other thread a few comments, wanting hear from some who have done it and been if it is worth trying to get involved?
    It did not lead anywhere for my child but it was little time commitment and was free so why not?

Comment

It did not lead anywhere for my child but it was little time commitment and was free so why not?
      Agree. It was a totally free weekend of training and experiences in California with other good, motivated players. My son loved it though it did not go anywhere further for him.

Comment

First of all you need to be invited to ID2. Doubt if your player is good enough if you feel you need to try to get involved. If your player does not stand out enough for the DOC to fill in a recommendation than I would not worry too much about it.

Comment

First of all you need to be invited to ID2. Doubt if your player is good enough if you feel you need to try to get involved. If your player does not stand out enough for the DOC to fill in a recommendation than I would not worry too much about it.
          Is this tone really necessary? The person asked a question and it is a valid one. And for the record, some club Docs don't nominate anybody so the person if they are with one of those clubs would have to go inquire. This is how my child got invited. She was playing on the region iv team, going to national camp and didn't get invited until we asked.

Comment

Agreed

Is this tone really necessary? The person asked a question and it is a valid one. And for the record, some club Docs don't nominate anybody so the person if they are with one of those clubs would have to go inquire. This is how my child got invited. She was playing on the region iv team, going to national camp and didn't get invited until we asked.
            The tone of the responding writer was not appropriate for the question. DOCs are not all in the id2 program and now that id2 for Oregon is primarily an OPL program 2/3 of the DOCs aren't even going to know about it.

Comment

I agree. My DK's are past age for iD2 now, but the coaches at our club didn't nominate ANYONE until last year. There were a couple players on the team that would have been at the level to consider, but the coach wasn't tuned in to the program.

Comment

I agree. My DK's are past age for iD2 now, but the coaches at our club didn't nominate ANYONE until last year. There were a couple players on the team that would have been at the level to consider, but the coach wasn't tuned in to the program.
                The coaches and DOC did not think your players were good enough. It is pointless to lobby for a player who is not qualified. Just take a look at the few kids who have been invited to an ID2 camp. It is silly to make a comment that there were a couple of players on your team that were good enough and none were nominated. ID2 is not the RTC.

Comment

The coaches and DOC did not think your players were good enough. It is pointless to lobby for a player who is not qualified. Just take a look at the few kids who have been invited to an ID2 camp. It is silly to make a comment that there were a couple of players on your team that were good enough and none were nominated. ID2 is not the RTC.
                  There are only a couple of DOCs (OPL) who really valued ID2 to begin with. We participated in ID2, US Soccer Training, ODP State, ODP Regional and ODP national. The player in question very well could be that good and the DOC in question may not spend much time thinking about ID2 since there really isn't much to it. So, if a person is interested in ANYTHING they should always ask. You are making an assumption I can only assume out of jealousy.

Comment

There are only a couple of DOCs (OPL) who really valued ID2 to begin with. We participated in ID2, US Soccer Training, ODP State, ODP Regional and ODP national. The player in question very well could be that good and the DOC in question may not spend much time thinking about ID2 since there really isn't much to it. So, if a person is interested in ANYTHING they should always ask. You are making an assumption I can only assume out of jealousy.
                    Why would I be jealous of someone asking a ignorant question such as if ID2 is worth it?

Worth what?

It is free so if you get invited you should go unless you would rather be in school for the week.

There is such a thing as a stupid question.

Comment

Why would I be jealous of someone asking a ignorant question such as if ID2 is worth it?

Worth what?

It is free so if you get invited you should go unless you would rather be in school for the week.

There is such a thing as a stupid question.
                      Ahhh, because you feel compelled to cut their child down? Since there is no other logical reason for your lashing out a potential theory is that you are jealous because you are with a club that does regularly nominate kids for ID2 and yours was not chosen. Parents whose children are chosen for these types of things rarely sling insulting nasty remarks towards other children.. there is NO motivation to do so.

Comment

Boys 2000

Did anyone go and watch anything good to comment on??

Comment

Can someone help a newbie out. What is Id2 and how is it different that ODP? Looking for a real and relatively serious answer.

Comment

Can someone help a newbie out. What is Id2 and how is it different that ODP? Looking for a real and relatively serious answer.
                            US Club version of ODP. Main differences are that it's invite only and it's free

Comment

There is ODP which is USYS version of identifying talented players ultimately for regional and National pools/teams

Id2 is US club soccer version of the same thing. NPL, ECNL

US Soccer federation training which is the US Soccer Federation version of this

All are different but with a similar goal. ODP, Id2 and PDP are designed to look at talented players sift thru them and move the most talented ones forward in a process that ultimately contributes to the National pool.

US Soccer Federation identifies players with talent and holds regular training watching them develop over time. These players are continuously evaluated and ultimately can be moved forward in the same manner.

Id2, PDP, US Federation are all Free
                              ODP costs you.

ODP is contributing less and less to the national pool whereas the others are starting to generate most of the pool players.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X