Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have a current U12 Boy in Vancouver. Hes my oldest so I'm pretty new to this whole thing. We played at pacific this last year, and he has some friends of his that are going to FCSC this coming year. I decided to do some research and on their website they have no boys teams above next years U13's. It makes me wonder if that's a good place for him to go if they don't have any older teams. Is there a reason they don't have any older boys? Would it be better for him to go to Washington Timbers?
    Avoid FCSC completely (from the voice of experience).
    You can thank me later.

Comment

Here's a breakdown depending on what is most important to you:

Strength of current team:
      1. Timbers Red
      2. Pacific 1 & 2
      4. Timbers C
      5. Timbers B
      -
      -
      -
      - FCSC (has no current team) (has no history of any strong boys teams)

Costs of Team/Club:
      1. Pacific 1 & 2
      2. Timbers B & C
      3. FCSC
      4. Timbers Red

Travel for League Games:
      1. Pacific (has independent choice as to OPL/OYSA leagues)
      2. FCSC (has independent choice as to OPL/OYSA leagues)
      3. Timbers (plays OYSA)

Travel distance for practices - depends on where you live of course.

Coaches - depends on what you're looking for. Talk to them personally as well as parents of current players.

So, think it all over and decide what's most important to you. Good luck.
      What age group are we talking about?

Comment

What age group are we talking about?
        I know it's a little hard to follow but it all started wit BU12

Comment

That's unfortunate but certainly understandable. Best of luck in finding a new home and there has been some very sage advice given on this thread. #1) a coach that is focused on fundamental skill development (and not the win loss ratio) coupled with allowing the team to have an absolute blast is certainly a key element to selecting that new team! They're out there!
          Exactly. And if you can also find a team that matches your child's athleticism and ability it helps with their development. If they are way above in that aspect, they will not be pushed. If they are way below they risk losing interest due to it not being fun or getting discouraged.

Comment

I just found out that the new FCSC U13 team is the A team from Pacific. They will be paying select fees.

Comment

I just found out that the new FCSC U13 team is the A team from Pacific. They will be paying select fees.
              HA HA...I seriously doubt that will actually happen if those parents have any common sense, as that would basically be the end of that team as you know it.

Comment

Didnt head coach leave and take his star player. Assistant coach took over and team got killed at Washington Cup. Did not even qualify for Silver Division.
                Not sure what why team is leaving for FCSC. They provide nothing. Should have just stayed.

Comment

HA HA...I seriously doubt that will actually happen if those parents have any common sense, as that would basically be the end of that team as you know it.
                  Take your player to the Timbers. They have three teams, they can borrow players between teams. FCSC you will have to borrow players from the younger team.

Your player will get more exposure with Timbers. Why would you move to a club with no boys teams?

Comment

Take your player to the Timbers. They have three teams, they can borrow players between teams. FCSC you will have to borrow players from the younger team.

Your player will get more exposure with Timbers. Why would you move to a club with no boys teams?
                    You don't pick your team based off of the club you pick your team based off of the coach. if you train them into a great player it doesn't matter what club you're with you will still be afforded the same opportunities to play ODP and other higher levels as anyone else

Comment

You don't pick your team based off of the club you pick your team based off of the coach. if you train them into a great player it doesn't matter what club you're with you will still be afforded the same opportunities to play ODP and other higher levels as anyone else
                      A dad is the coach--right? How good is his kid?
                      Is he a good coach?

Comment

We went to one of their practices. Good coach. Knows the game well and is a nice guy.

Comment

We went to one of their practices. Good coach. Knows the game well and is a nice guy.
                          What age are you talking about?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X