Ecnl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder who will be the coaches at Crossfire United?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A teams will still exist at THUSC and Crossfire. They will play in the OPL and NWCL just like they do today.
      Just sayin' that without the top 6-7 players from their current teams, the remaining teams are taking a big step backward. It will be interesting to see what/who is left.

Comment

Just sayin' that without the top 6-7 players from their current teams, the remaining teams are taking a big step backward. It will be interesting to see what/who is left.
        These teams will also see an influx of players wanting to be part of the ECNL program and reserve pool.

Comment

These teams will also see an influx of players wanting to be part of the ECNL program and reserve pool.
          I agree that they may see an influx of players vying for a spot on the ECNL roster.

I am pretty skeptical about kids/parents sticking around for the reserve pool team. I think those players will be the ones who are already in those respective programs. The players coming from outside of those clubs will likely just go back to their current club teams.

Comment

I agree that they may see an influx of players vying for a spot on the ECNL roster.

I am pretty skeptical about kids/parents sticking around for the reserve pool team. I think those players will be the ones who are already in those respective programs. The players coming from outside of those clubs will likely just go back to their current club teams.

Depends. FC and THUSC are pretty big into pool play, including practice. Might be advantageous to practice with the better players if those clubs opt to do that. It would be like an ODP RTC at the younger ages, but with better talent, more times a week, all year long.

Comment

Depends. FC and THUSC are pretty big into pool play, including practice. Might be advantageous to practice with the better players if those clubs opt to do that. It would be like an ODP RTC at the younger ages, but with better talent, more times a week, all year long.
              Sounds nice, in theory. But, in practice it seems unlikely. ECNL game preparation is an entirely different beast from OPL/OYSA game prep.

Comment

Sounds nice, in theory. But, in practice it seems unlikely. ECNL game preparation is an entirely different beast from OPL/OYSA game prep.
                What use cannon balls and basket ball nets?

Comment

The OPL clubs have the integrity to recommend the DA program to their boys.
                  But would they have the integrity to reccomend a different club/league for one of their boys if it was more competitive? How do they justify keep their boys teams in the OPL?

Comment

Most and yes I most ECNL players have stopped playing ODP. There is no need for them to. It is a waste of time and money especially going through the local RTC's and State team process. Very few of the non ECNL players now days are moved to national team. There are exceptions and some players use the ODP method of getting there but it is very limited in terms of amount of players. ECNL coaches attended the regional ODP events and offer spots to non ECNL players. Now with ECNL in Oregon there will be a huge decline of the talented players going through the ODP process here. In Seattle several ECNL players got invites to play in the ODP nationals to play for the ODP/EPD Washington team in pheonix this year most declined but some did go even though they never went through the EPD. If ECNL players are in the running for national team they will get picked up through PDP/ID camp.
                    So are players allowed to have fun anymore. Listen to the best players in the world, the Peles, the Messis etc, and yes they worked very hard, but out of a live of the game. It just seems with the robotic, over programmed approach represented here it wouldn't take long to lose the fun. Soccer is a game to be loved and fully immersed in, when it becomes a job with checklists and structured patterns, the joy will be gone.

Comment

So I wonder how the older players who have "made ECNL" will feel about training with "pool players". I am sure that will be right in line with expectations, especially after mom (seeing some of the behavior on here I will assume a high incidence of single moms) starts writing the "big checks".

Comment

So are players allowed to have fun anymore. Listen to the best players in the world, the Peles, the Messis etc, and yes they worked very hard, but out of a live of the game. It just seems with the robotic, over programmed approach represented here it wouldn't take long to lose the fun. Soccer is a game to be loved and fully immersed in, when it becomes a job with checklists and structured patterns, the joy will be gone.
                        What? You don't think soccer is different in America?
                        Just look at the MLS. No promotion/relegation - you just have a team in MLS 'permanently' or you don't (even though USL tried to establish a promotion/relegation with MLS years back).
                        Or look at the 'pay-to-play' model for youth soccer.
                        So it's no surprise that the 'pathway to the pros' is not all it could be.
                        In the end, it all comes down to the individual player and their desire and dedication to being the best they can be. The program doesn't make them a great player, it only facilitates.

Comment

But would they have the integrity to reccomend a different club/league for one of their boys if it was more competitive? How do they justify keep their boys teams in the OPL?
                          That is essentially what they are doing when they recommend a boy to the DA program.

Comment

So I wonder how the older players who have "made ECNL" will feel about training with "pool players". I am sure that will be right in line with expectations, especially after mom (seeing some of the behavior on here I will assume a high incidence of single moms) starts writing the "big checks".
                            There aren't any issues with the pool system today at FC. Why would it change in the future?

Comment

Better coaching, better clubs. At my kids age group OPL is a better league. So same question applies.

Comment

There aren't any issues with the pool system today at FC. Why would it change in the future?
                                Well, if ECNL squads are paying more $$, practice 4x/wk and will most likely be made up of better skilled players, I can see why the ECNL players/parents could have issues with having pool practices 2x/wk with reserve players who play in a different league...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X