Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Because of the split OPL vs OYSA is any team going to feel like they are the best in the state. It made some teams have a chance that would never have had a chance. It is crazy, as these state cup games really prove nothing, somewhat disappointing for the girls playing them. Hey at least some parents that before would never have been able to say they have a state cup winner will now.
    I highly doubt any of the younger kids really care about all this OPL / OYSA stuff. If their parents didn't talk about it they probably wouldn't even know let alone care. So lets be honest here ... it's the adults that are all geeked up about this. The younger kids just want to play and if they can win a trophy and call themselves state champs all the better.
    Probably a different story for the older kids. Ultimately the soccer community is doing a disservice to the kids. The split league has lowered the average for everyone and this is not the right direction.

Comment

I know I'll get roasted for this but I'm curious why OYSA hasn't posted at least the times and locations for the semi finals and finals of the state/president's cup. It seems that they should know how many fields they would need and since they have stated they will be in the Portland area - I'm not sure why there is a delay in posting the details.
      We've got kids in both state cups and neither one has been great about scheduling games. But I have to agree, OYSA has been worse.

Comment

Really? That's interesting since we went last year and played in 5 games, including the semi-finals. You want to put Oregon down, but you should realize that there are a handful of pretty good teams.
        We played in 6, losing in the final. I think all of these defeatist's have probably never been, and the way they feel better about themselves is through assuming everyone else is just as big a failure as them.

Comment

We played in 6, losing in the final. I think all of these defeatist's have probably never been, and the way they feel better about themselves is through assuming everyone else is just as big a failure as them.
          It's really more of an inferiority complex. Some people, when they feel inadequate about themselves, they feel better by trashing on those that are superior to them. I learned that in Psychology 101.

Comment

It's really more of an inferiority complex. Some people, when they feel inadequate about themselves, they feel better by trashing on those that are superior to them. I learned that in Psychology 101.
            Too bad you failed all the important courses...

Comment

Still holding out hope your kid makes the A team this year?

Comment

Almost as if to prove the earlier posters point. If you feel like others have done better, then strive to do better yourself instead of tearing them down.

Comment

Almost as if to prove the earlier posters point. If you feel like others have done better, then strive to do better yourself instead of tearing them down.
                  Well said. Funny how people, when they are jealous, have to knock other people and their accomplishments down.

Comment

State Cup

We'll settle it this summer.

Comment

Sorry folks, Crossfire/Stealth beats Onyx this year !!!!!! 2-1 The Legacy ends this weekend.

Comment

Onyx 4 - Crossfire/Stealth 0.. sorry. Onyx and THUSC remain dominant (forever)

Comment

Sorry folks, Crossfire/Stealth beats Onyx this year !!!!!! 2-1 The Legacy ends this weekend.
                          This team has been quite close to beating Onyx the last 2 times and had it not been for a couple of bad calls Onyx would have gotten beat.

Comment

This team has been quite close to beating Onyx the last 2 times and had it not been for a couple of bad calls Onyx would have gotten beat.
                            Were "ifs" and "buts", beer and nuts we'd have a hell of a party. Onyx to represent US in the Olympics!!

Comment

Time to get along!

Aren't you guys all one big happy ECNL family now?

Stealth doesn't exist anymore, remember?? You probably should put that one to rest.

Comment

The above post brought to you by Tom Atencio and his mindless minions.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X