• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I don't live in the sticks :)
    Yes you do. Pretty obvious.

Comment

Actual US Soccer National Team Camp being held in a few days for Under-15 girls. Congratulations to the 1 Oregon player invited, and 4 from Crossfire. Not all of the players represent ECNL clubs, but a majority do if that says anything...

Comment

Actual US Soccer National Team Camp being held in a few days for Under-15 girls. Congratulations to the 1 Oregon player invited, and 4 from Crossfire. Not all of the players represent ECNL clubs, but a majority do if that says anything...
        When you are done being all hot and bothered you can realize that ecnl doesn't make good players. The same amount of players from the same areas have always garnished honors.

But I suppose if your dd gets to play them once a year that makes you close.

Comment

When you are done being all hot and bothered you can realize that ecnl doesn't make good players. The same amount of players from the same areas have always garnished honors.

But I suppose if your dd gets to play them once a year that makes you close.
          What am I hot and bothered about? My dd is off to college already. Simply saying congrats to those NW players that are invited to the camp, and pointing out that majority are ecnl players. Yes the same amount of players from the same areas have always been represented at that level, but does that mean that ecnl doesn't make good players? You don't think playing the better teams or players consistently doesn't raise the level of players?

Comment

What am I hot and bothered about? My dd is off to college already. Simply saying congrats to those NW players that are invited to the camp, and pointing out that majority are ecnl players. Yes the same amount of players from the same areas have always been represented at that level, but does that mean that ecnl doesn't make good players? You don't think playing the better teams or players consistently doesn't raise the level of players?
            Unsure, but I suspect all the trips up the freeway certainly raise the risk of burnout.

Comment

Unsure, but I suspect all the trips up the freeway certainly raise the risk of burnout.
              How did you know I have season tickets for the Hawks and frequent the freeway?

Comment

And if you didn't have to go any further ECNL would still suck because.....?

Comment

And if you didn't have to go any further ECNL would still suck because.....?
                  Honestly I have boys, so I won't stick my neck out so far as to say ECNL would suck.

It sure seems like a lot of money and a lot of travel. If it scholarship chasing then I think you are better off finding someone smart to invest that money. The reality of the number of full rides, and the number of injuries that happen on the way there, it just feels like a pretty significant gamble.

No matter what travel will have to include games in Cal, WA, Probably Nev or AZ. I just can't picture if a kid is traveling that much they would be able to have any sort of normal life at home/school.

Fortunately it is not a question i need to answer, truly at this point it is not a question anyone in Oregon should be concerning themselves with.

Comment

All this talk is confusing!

Comment

ECNL doesn't necessarily make good players, it's where a lot of the top players choose to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X