Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Complete stupidity unless its the u17-u18 and even the it's only if that player isn't good enough to be a major player here. Yes, you heard me right. If players are that good local clubs thusc, FCP, ***c, Westside us enough for them and the FACTS support it. Top schools with national team players and numbers.

The only facts to support the ridiculous parent who agent their kid out to drive 8 hrs round trip for training and games 3-5x a week is the correlation between that and the burnout in high school years. If they are doing it u13 or below, the parent is a grade A looney and the kid, once they get older will most certainly stop doing it or quit.

As long as you keep having national players and d1 players come out of the likes of thusc, ***c, fc Portland...the people who commit their kids to that burnout travel will always look stupid.
    I don't think any of the kids that make the commute to Redmond are younger that U16.

Comment

Complete stupidity unless its the u17-u18 and even the it's only if that player isn't good enough to be a major player here. Yes, you heard me right. If players are that good local clubs thusc, FCP, ***c, Westside us enough for them and the FACTS support it. Top schools with national team players and numbers.

The only facts to support the ridiculous parent who agent their kid out to drive 8 hrs round trip for training and games 3-5x a week is the correlation between that and the burnout in high school years. If they are doing it u13 or below, the parent is a grade A looney and the kid, once they get older will most certainly stop doing it or quit.

As long as you keep having national players and d1 players come out of the likes of thusc, ***c, fc Portland...the people who commit their kids to that burnout travel will always look stupid.
      And here come the wolves. Seems that the move was very much worth it.

Comment

And here come the wolves. Seems that the move was very much worth it.
        There is something to be said for removing yourself and your player from this hell hole of mediocre soccer and all it's surrounding politics in PDX

Comment

I don't think any of the kids that make the commute to Redmond are younger that U16.
          I know of 4 from down here that play up in Seattle for the ECNL teams
          2 on u15 Crossfire
          1 on u15 WPFC
          1 on U14 WPFC

The list goes deeper when you get to u16 and above.

Comment

Oh

I know of 4 from down here that play up in Seattle for the ECNL teams
            2 on u15 Crossfire
            1 on u15 WPFC
            1 on U14 WPFC

The list goes deeper when you get to u16 and above.
            I knew of 2 on the crossfire 15 team and they are both league age 14 playing up from what I understand. I was also aware of 3 girls on the 16 crossfire team. Seems there are more than thought playing up in the Seattle market from down here. Guess there is a market for ECNL in the market.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X