• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Germany, China, Japan, Italy, India, Thailand, Austria

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Germany, China, Japan, Italy, India, Thailand, Austria
      You forgot Brazil, Spain, Portugal and the German National Team.

Comment

You forgot Brazil, Spain, Portugal and the German National Team.
        Good one? I think that is humor. The boys do, in fact, play the teams mentioned by the previous poster. But really, you are a very funny guy.

Comment

Good one? I think that is humor. The boys do, in fact, play the teams mentioned by the previous poster. But really, you are a very funny guy.
          Do they play teams from those places or the team from those places? Are you suggesting the Oregon group is team USA?

Comment

Do they play teams from those places or the team from those places? Are you suggesting the Oregon group is team USA?
            I am not original poster but I think Oregon boys were fortunate in that Timbers have a connection to Bayern. No way they are 'Team USA' but they are representing USA in the tourney I believe. Teams from other countries did win some kind of national tourney... At least they did last year. So the brackets are set up by country. I believe.

Comment

I am not original poster but I think Oregon boys were fortunate in that Timbers have a connection to Bayern. No way they are 'Team USA' but they are representing USA in the tourney I believe. Teams from other countries did win some kind of national tourney... At least they did last year. So the brackets are set up by country. I believe.
              It is a great opportunity. If they're playing top teams from other countries it could be a sobering one as well. That's ok. They'll see cool things, do cool things and remember it forever.

Comment

It is a great opportunity. If they're playing top teams from other countries it could be a sobering one as well. That's ok. They'll see cool things, do cool things and remember it forever.
                or they may win it and then call themselves champions of the world. lol. although it would be nice to win a few games, even if they lose every single one, it should be one of the best memories you could possibly draw up. wandering around Bayern Munich campus, the history, hanging out with kids from all over the world, maybe meeting some 1st team players,... so cool.

Comment

Imagine later in life you pull out a pick of yourself along with some player from another country that turns out to be the next Ronaldinho, Henry, Zidane, Adriano, Eto'o, Nistolrooy, Ronaldo, Figo, etc.

Something you will never forget

Comment

It's similar to the Manchester United tournament that has now unfortunately ended. Local teams weren't usually very competitive and there haven't been US players at the level you mention, but several youth national team players went through that tournament. It's fun for the kids to say "I played against so and so."

Comment

It's similar to the Manchester United tournament that has now unfortunately ended. Local teams weren't usually very competitive and there haven't been US players at the level you mention, but several youth national team players went through that tournament. It's fun for the kids to say "I played against so and so."
                      The Manchester United tourney was pretty awesome. Some great soccer. The one difference I see is that it was represented by 1 local club team, meaning some years it was FC PDX and some years it was Lake O. It's very difficult for a local club team to move on from a pool that included the best club teams in the nation (Arsenal, PDA, FC Dallas, etc). And I recall it was a rotation between Lake O and PDX, not necessarily the best local team. I did see Seattle Crossfire compete fairly well in that tourney a couple times, but never more than a semi-finalist.

But I never followed the progress of the U.S. winner over in England. I guess you are saying that the U.S. team never faired that well.

Comment

Did this happen yet? Any results or feedback? Would be interesting to hear?

Comment

Did this happen yet? Any results or feedback? Would be interesting to hear?
                          No, they leave this friday and return the 23rd. check out the TA website. The roster and info is all there.

Comment

Who You know

I have no kid in this race but I see the boys that were picked and its all about who you know not what you can do. Until that side of the problem gets fixed you will always be a third world country when it comes to soccer.
                            Soccer in the world concept is working class there boys here are upper middle class and don't know how to dig in deep to win with their hearts.
                            I'm disappointed with how money runs and ruins the beautiful game here in the US. I once heard the parent of a player who was a good player say well he isn't going to earn a living playing this game. Overseas there are parents who would love their boy to make a living at this game until we feel the same way we will always be open to the parents with money that can dictate team selection.

Comment

I have no kid in this race but I see the boys that were picked and its all about who you know not what you can do. Until that side of the problem gets fixed you will always be a third world country when it comes to soccer.
                              Soccer in the world concept is working class there boys here are upper middle class and don't know how to dig in deep to win with their hearts.
                              I'm disappointed with how money runs and ruins the beautiful game here in the US. I once heard the parent of a player who was a good player say well he isn't going to earn a living playing this game. Overseas there are parents who would love their boy to make a living at this game until we feel the same way we will always be open to the parents with money that can dictate team selection.
                              It's reality. Sad but true. With odp, national camps, Academy, and for tournaments such as these. Are the best skilled players on the rosters? Hmmm, not quite.

Comment

Wasn't this team picked based on a tryout? No matter what, there will always be people who think the best players aren't there. Especially the parents of the kids that didn't make it!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X