Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    All you need are 15 good players. If some come from other clubs who wouldn't otherwise, then it's doing it's job so far considering we we are in month #9.
    that's the question - isn't the total but how many of any decent quality turned up. Getting 15 quality players that want GDA is a huge challenge, even more so now than ever. The league is floundering in the NE, the costs and travel are substantial, the personal cost of giving up HS very high for some players.

Comment

that's the question - isn't the total but how many of any decent quality turned up. Getting 15 quality players that want GDA is a huge challenge, even more so now than ever. The league is floundering in the NE, the costs and travel are substantial, the personal cost of giving up HS very high for some players.
      Good, very good as far as I can see so far. Travel/costs are the same in the other competing league. HS will be a factor for some, not for others.

Comment

Good, very good as far as I can see so far. Travel/costs are the same in the other competing league. HS will be a factor for some, not for others.
        But the option at Seacoast is NPL not ECNL. Cost is different, and travel far more reasonable in NPL. In a small club, I do wonder if they can support both (full disclosure, I hope they can. My own kid doesn't want to give up HS soccer but I hope DA is successful)

Comment

But the option at Seacoast is NPL not ECNL. Cost is different, and travel far more reasonable in NPL. In a small club, I do wonder if they can support both (full disclosure, I hope they can. My own kid doesn't want to give up HS soccer but I hope DA is successful)
          I am comparing the NPL and DA and will review at season's end. We did other training outside when we were in NPL and don't any longer. So, those costs (for us) got factored into the 'old costs' when comparing to the 'new costs'. DA will be more, but curious how much more.

For example, the NPL tournaments (VA, MD, or NJ) and if successful Nationals (last year in Colorado), and the extra training & costs were a are on a par or close to it when comparing the DA and showcases. The differentiator will be the weekend games/travel costs in NJ instead of, for example, MA. That's where DA will exceed the NPL costs I anticipate. Tuition is the same

As for the depth of the program, I anticipate it's going to struggle for at least another year. Over time, the vision is that if you are north of I93, this would be your destination. Already seeing players generating interest from outside clubs who fit that description. It won't happen overnight, and I don't want to pay for the struggles for too long, but am willing to give it some time.

Comment

I am comparing the NPL and DA and will review at season's end. We did other training outside when we were in NPL and don't any longer. So, those costs (for us) got factored into the 'old costs' when comparing to the 'new costs'. DA will be more, but curious how much more.

For example, the NPL tournaments (VA, MD, or NJ) and if successful Nationals (last year in Colorado), and the extra training & costs were a are on a par or close to it when comparing the DA and showcases. The differentiator will be the weekend games/travel costs in NJ instead of, for example, MA. That's where DA will exceed the NPL costs I anticipate. Tuition is the same

As for the depth of the program, I anticipate it's going to struggle for at least another year. Over time, the vision is that if you are north of I93, this would be your destination. Already seeing players generating interest from outside clubs who fit that description. It won't happen overnight, and I don't want to pay for the struggles for too long, but am willing to give it some time.
            Agreed that cost and time and travel is similar across all top leagues.

You have to consider how many talented and dedicated players will come from Central and Northern NH and Maine? Enough to pull 40-50 per birth year? You need at least two teams to really have cuts and form a “top team”.

Biggest issue is the success or failure of the league itself. If families knew that the GDA was flourishing then Seacoast would be very attractive. We shall see.

Comment

Also how are college commitments working out? The U16/17 team has had exposure through the fall season and winter showcase. I know several players who moved over (or back over) hoping to get more looks. Anyone get committed in the last few months on that team? That always helps get younger players over - a “This could be you” campaign.

Comment

Agreed that cost and time and travel is similar across all top leagues.

You have to consider how many talented and dedicated players will come from Central and Northern NH and Maine? Enough to pull 40-50 per birth year? You need at least two teams to really have cuts and form a “top team”.

Biggest issue is the success or failure of the league itself. If families knew that the GDA was flourishing then Seacoast would be very attractive. We shall see.
                You don't need 50, you need 30; 35 max per birth year. You get your 50 at the tryouts and there are/were cuts

As for flourishing, depends on your perspective. Constant barrage of negative posts from the Agendas don't help. But, can't give a grade on something that is 50% done at Seacoast, and 18 months overall.

Comment

The joke gets even funnier: http://www.ussoccerda.com/20190220-N...r-19-20-Season

Comment

Word is that NEFC is pulling out so the addition of SSS makes sense.

Comment

Obsess much?

Comment

Obsess much?
                        Sensitive much? On the bright side, the road just got easier for SUSC to find a few wins next season.

Comment

Sensitive much? On the bright side, the road just got easier for SUSC to find a few wins next season.
                          No, legit question. You are either part of DA, or not. If not, why do you care?

Typically things I don't care about I ignore. Your obsession is telling.

Comment

Obsess much?
                            Not the OP but really? Following the DA is now being "obsessed"? How are people supposed to decide if it's the right path if they're considered obsessed for following? Good grief. Odd response.

Comment

Not the OP but really? Following the DA is now being "obsessed"? How are people supposed to decide if it's the right path if they're considered obsessed for following? Good grief. Odd response.
                              C'mon! Do you REALLY think that's what the post was about? A post that says "the joke gets even funnier" from a poster(s) who make many comments about the program in a negative light. They don't know what goes on in training; they have no direct knowledge of any games, players, etc.

If someone has a question, they can ask it.

But, yes, fools with agendas endlessly slamming DA and NH players in general are obsessive. Just take a look through the history of the NH site and see for yourself.

Comment

C'mon! Do you REALLY think that's what the post was about? A post that says "the joke gets even funnier" from a poster(s) who make many comments about the program in a negative light. They don't know what goes on in training; they have no direct knowledge of any games, players, etc.

If someone has a question, they can ask it.

But, yes, fools with agendas endlessly slamming DA and NH players in general are obsessive. Just take a look through the history of the NH site and see for yourself.
                                I am the OP and I am slamming US Soccer .... always have ... hate their model of picking better younger kids and ruining them with their robotic style of play and lack of creativity. I have always felt that on the boys side and that they had far too many clubs .... then they try to implement this on the girls side which they neglected for 10 years. The lack of success on the boys side should hardly have led them to take another bite of the garbage they were choking on. Worse, the girls already have a top league and, love it or hate it, the absolute top team in the world for the past 20+ years running, without the help of USSF. They have no clue what they are doing and no federations in the world run their own league to try to train the masses ... especially silly in a huge country like ours. They have limited resources that have dwindled down to nothing after their failure to reach the last WC and they are trying to do more? The splintered the girls side and obviously have no care to develop top talent in it .... seriously, there are so many NPL or less teams in that league it is an abomination almost across the entire country. It's a friggin joke and so many stupid DA/GDA parents keep eating up whatever USSF spoon feeds them ... people, it is fecal matter on that spoon ... take a whiff before you ingest more! Sorry, I love the implosion of GDA and hope the MLS clubs do pick up their ball and leave DA as well .... it is the only way we can get out of the mud, that the USSF has put us in. Their job should be finding talent only and assembling the best of it for our NTCs and, ultimately out NTs. That about enough for you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X