Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barca girls program

This is for anyone who actually has a daughter in Barca... What is your honest review...

If you just want to bash or don't play there, or want to stroke generic Barca stuff there is other threads...

Where do they practice, where are they playing home games etc...

Good question. Doubt they r on here. Seem to have a couple of u little teams. Once in a blue moon they make a twitter appearance.

Comment

Don't look to TS for advice. Call the club for particulars, go check them out if you're interested. Ask for your player to attend a practice, go watch a game or two. That holds for any club, not jut BARCA.

Comment

Thank you Mayor for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          This is for anyone who actually has a daughter in Barca... What is your honest review...

If you just want to bash or don't play there, or want to stroke generic Barca stuff there is other threads...

Where do they practice, where are they playing home games etc...
          My son and daughter both play at Barca. Since my son started a year ago it allowed us to see what the program offered before asking my daugther to tryout when the girls program began. The training and Coaches are second to none. Although, I am witnessing the progression of both my kids, this is my daughters assessment not mine. She was very impressed from the beginning because the style of play (tactical play and possession game, etc) was different from any of her previous teams. She feels she has progessed more in the last 3 months than she would have anywhere else she played.

While the Academy builds the fields in Kings Park the teams train and play at different locations such as Sportime and US Academy of Soccer during the Winter. In Spring and Fall they train and play at Cantiague Park, NYIT and Mitchel Athletic Complex.

As a parent I am very happy with the program but more importantly both my son and daughter are very happy with Barca.

Comment

Thank you Mayor for the advice.
            It bares repeating. Some TS posters aren't so bright.

Comment

My son and daughter both play at Barca. Since my son started a year ago it allowed us to see what the program offered before asking my daugther to tryout when the girls program began. The training and Coaches are second to none. Although, I am witnessing the progression of both my kids, this is my daughters assessment not mine. She was very impressed from the beginning because the style of play (tactical play and possession game, etc) was different from any of her previous teams. She feels she has progessed more in the last 3 months than she would have anywhere else she played.

While the Academy builds the fields in Kings Park the teams train and play at different locations such as Sportime and US Academy of Soccer during the Winter. In Spring and Fall they train and play at Cantiague Park, NYIT and Mitchel Athletic Complex.

As a parent I am very happy with the program but more importantly both my son and daughter are very happy with Barca.
              What age teams do the have on girls side?

Comment

U11-U14 and U16 (which include U15 girls). The girls program is still very new and they are still expanding it.

Comment

They actually start at 2010's (I think that's U8) and officially have teams for each age group after that. The problem is that they didn't register a lot of girls this year so a lot of teams have to borrow girls from the younger teams. The training and atmosphere is great. My kids enjoy it. As they grow their program and are able to field multiple teams per age group, they will be able to develop some great teams. They are actively trying to recruit girls (I just don't think they do a great job of it) so if you are interested I agree the best thing to do is to reach out to the club and try to have your child participate in a training session to see it for yourself.

Comment

They actually start at 2010's (I think that's U8) and officially have teams for each age group after that. The problem is that they didn't register a lot of girls this year so a lot of teams have to borrow girls from the younger teams. The training and atmosphere is great. My kids enjoy it. As they grow their program and are able to field multiple teams per age group, they will be able to develop some great teams. They are actively trying to recruit girls (I just don't think they do a great job of it) so if you are interested I agree the best thing to do is to reach out to the club and try to have your child participate in a training session to see it for yourself.
                    In what league do they place the u15, u16, u17, u18 girls? 9nly see U14 teams and under in any league on girls side. Edp? Npl? Metro? Nycsl? Lij?

Comment

In what league do they place the u15, u16, u17, u18 girls? 9nly see U14 teams and under in any league on girls side. Edp? Npl? Metro? Nycsl? Lij?
                      The high school girls were only doing training in the fall. The initial idea was to place them in the EDP league for the spring but since they are still actively recruiting I think that age group will probably start in the Metro or NYCSL. Although, last weekend the U16 group took second place in a tournament that included two NPL teams. Not bad for a group of 14 and 15 year old girls who just played their first competition as a new team. I believe the Directors are still mulling it over and will place them where is most appropriate and allow them to grow.

Comment

My daughter played against the U12 team in the fall. Well coached and they do try to stick to their style of play. Team needs to recruit to add depth and that will be tough with other clubs playing the more desirable leagues. For now I'd guess the object is to get the girls into NPL or EDP for 19/20.

Comment

The high school girls were only doing training in the fall. The initial idea was to place them in the EDP league for the spring but since they are still actively recruiting I think that age group will probably start in the Metro or NYCSL. Although, last weekend the U16 group took second place in a tournament that included two NPL teams. Not bad for a group of 14 and 15 year old girls who just played their first competition as a new team. I believe the Directors are still mulling it over and will place them where is most appropriate and allow them to grow.
                          Sounds promising. Where do they practice?

Comment

Sounds promising. Where do they practice?
                            Currently practicing Indoors at Sportime which located in Kings Park Long Island. In the spring they will probably practice at Cantiague Park in Hicksville.

Comment

Currently practicing Indoors at Sportime which located in Kings Park Long Island. In the spring they will probably practice at Cantiague Park in Hicksville.
                              Do they have teams in every age-group?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X