Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Eclipse is officially OUT of GDA and All-In with ECNL. When there's smoke, there's fire folks!
    Several other clubs still floating in the rumor mill as well

Comment

Several other clubs still floating in the rumor mill as well
      Slammers, Blues, Concorde and Tophat. If it's true, definitely a blow to USSF.

Comment

This whole thing is a blow to the players. What a mess.

Comment

Slammers, Blues, Concorde and Tophat. If it's true, definitely a blow to USSF.
          Tophat folks say they are staying in GDA this year. Concorde is apparently out. Not sure if they are getting 2 ECNL teams like the Northern clubs.

Comment

DA Flaws

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...flaws-the.html

Comment

Interesting commentary...oftentimes the DA/GDA supporters look down on those who would even consider HS...but the point he makes is one of choice. By taking that choice away (especially for girls who have no real pro path), the GDA is forcing a huge sacrifice that many may not realize until later on.

Comment

USSDA is NOT taking away HS soccer, families have to make choices, its great you live in a country where you have choices, but I think the sub rules should match ECNL, and the rosters should not be over 18 players, that would help many on-the-fence families.

Comment

Interesting commentary...oftentimes the DA/GDA supporters look down on those who would even consider HS...but the point he makes is one of choice. By taking that choice away (especially for girls who have no real pro path), the GDA is forcing a huge sacrifice that many may not realize until later on.
                  BTW: I don’t look down on anyone, maybe I am different, sorry that you feel slighted in some way, GDA is not a perfect system, but it works for us....

Comment

BTW: I don’t look down on anyone, maybe I am different, sorry that you feel slighted in some way, GDA is not a perfect system, but it works for us....
                    The point is it doesn't work for a lot of players (who have the talent to play at it). It is not attracting critical mass and as a league it leaves a lot to be desired since they failed to address any of the shortcomings of ECNL. It still has too much travel with too much time and expense devoted to that. At the current state, I would much rather pay for the training then have to go to Rochester for a blowout game. At least LISC doesn't require much travel, but it's still a waste of time.

Comment

USSDA is NOT taking away HS soccer, families have to make choices, its great you live in a country where you have choices, but I think the sub rules should match ECNL, and the rosters should not be over 18 players, that would help many on-the-fence families.
                      Boys and Girls are different. I can understand that for an MLS-fully funded program, you will need give up other things and make choices.

Comment

Boys and Girls are different. I can understand that for an MLS-fully funded program, you will need give up other things and make choices.
                        The equation totally changes when the players are paying their way. If there were funded academies for girls, they would be just as popular as they are on the boys side. Just not the way the girls side works.

Comment

The point is it doesn't work for a lot of players (who have the talent to play at it). It is not attracting critical mass and as a league it leaves a lot to be desired since they failed to address any of the shortcomings of ECNL. It still has too much travel with too much time and expense devoted to that. At the current state, I would much rather pay for the training then have to go to Rochester for a blowout game. At least LISC doesn't require much travel, but it's still a waste of time.
                          Do you think FC Stars wants to travel to FC Bucks for blowouts??

Comment

Do you think FC Stars wants to travel to FC Bucks for blowouts??
                            There are problems with the ECNL (too much travel and too much cost at the top of the list). The enthusiasm for the GDA faded when it became clear that it was not really going to be fix them or be different but just have a different badge. Nothing terribly wrong with the GDA but nothing exciting or different either.

Comment

No one wants to travel for uneven games. But GDA had a chance to prevent that or structure things to address travel and expense. So I fault USSF for creating a poorly executed product that lacks quality as a league, instead of creating a program that achieves the goals they espouse and improves upon ECNL. They oversold and gave it to too many clubs who had to fill rosters. And they have 2 dogs in a division of 8 when you play each team 3x/year. And Atlantic is also a weak division overall.

Comment

EDP running a league for U16 GDA B team players who don't make their U16/17 squads. Think about the travel. Better off doing EDP locally, play for a club that does showcases, than do GDA B.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.edpsoccer.com/news_artic...eid=d9e70c4483

As a result of interest from several girls U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs within the East Conference, eight Girls DA clubs in the US Youth Soccer East Region have gotten together to form the 16U US Youth Soccer National League Atlantic Development Player EDP Conference. This conference gives these clubs a chance to participate in a competition with parallel scheduling to the DA that will culminate with a playoff and a chance to participate in the US Youth Soccer National Championship Series.

The following U.S. Soccer Development Academy clubs have committed to playing in this conference for 2018-19:
                                •Arlington Soccer Association
                                •Cedar Stars Academy – Monmouth
                                •FC Fury
                                •FC Virginia
                                •Oakwood Soccer Club
                                •PA Classics
                                •Washington Spirit Academy - Baltimore Armour
                                •Washington Spirit Academy - Virginia

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X