Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Participation in youth soccer is falling much faster than other sports. Other sports are down some as well - video games, increased cost - but soccer is down 15% in just three years. That isn't just a blip. Yes people can survive the gauntlet, especially if they're upper middle class+. But we're losing players overall and the landscape is a shi*show. It doesn't have to be this way, but as long as clubs and leagues are making money it will remain so.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/14/s...h-decline.html
    Other than tackle football, soccer biggest declining participation. Interestingly, overall sports participation by youth is relatively steady. I think it's clear and understandable why football is in decline, but less so why soccer participation is down so much.

https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/kid...ipation-rates/

Comment

Other than tackle football, soccer biggest declining participation. Interestingly, overall sports participation by youth is relatively steady. I think it's clear and understandable why football is in decline, but less so why soccer participation is down so much.

https://www.aspenprojectplay.org/kid...ipation-rates/
      All you have to do is look around the turf fields and see what's taking over soccer. I'll give you a hint, the sport starts with the letter L.

I see those players walking out of our winter indoor soccer facility in droves.

Comment

All you have to do is look around the turf fields and see what's taking over soccer. I'll give you a hint, the sport starts with the letter L.

I see those players walking out of our winter indoor soccer facility in droves.
        Around here yes LAX is booming in popularity. It's growing elsewhere too but still a very small sport overall.

Comment

60 degrees and we were outside training last night. Were you? oh my bad, you don't have lights

Comment

60 degrees and we were outside training last night. Were you? oh my bad, you don't have lights
            Your kid won’t have a League to play in soon. At least there’s good lighting

Comment

Actually we were too. Then we went indoors to finish up since it was on the same site. Bet you’ll be loving it out there tonight in the rain and cold. LOL.

Comment

CFC sucks

Comment

Around here yes LAX is booming in popularity. It's growing elsewhere too but still a very small sport overall.
                  Lacrosse clubs are now migrating towards the full year model. The club season used to be 6 or so weeks in the summer for college showcases. But as with everything else youth sports related, if 6 weeks is good, then 52 weeks is great!

Comment

Wish we could train outside tonight. 50 degrees in February. Wish we had lights

Comment

I wish they taught us fundamentals of soccer

Comment

I wish we had coaches that didn’t have English accents.

Comment

I wish we had coaches that didn’t have English accents.
                          I wish my Johnson wasn’t so large so that it can slide all they way down your throat

Comment

I wish my Johnson wasn’t so large so that it can slide all they way down your throat
                            I Agree

Comment

CFC sucks. Worst club eva

Comment

Worst parents eva

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X