Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Closed BOD. Never any elections. Even if there were elections, BU has no intention of making any changes. Full retard mode in the admin office. So STFU with your half-azz suggestion.
    Surprisingly there have been rumblings among the non-coaching leadership at the club. I think a number of coaches and directors are on double secret probation, but it’s difficult to make any real changes. Structural changes are possible, but in the end EE could just take his ball and leave West Boca. There are no metrics that matter with customer satisfaction at the club either because there really isn’t anything that can be done. If people aren’t happy, so what...
    Some BOD members and membership know that if DA goes, so goes competitive high level soccer. They are stuck more or less. US Soccer doesn’t seem to mind the performance level, and there are far worse DA clubs in the DA so they are able to stay under the radar. The SE conference on the boys side is very good and when BU play outside the region/conference they do ok. College placement doesn't matter in the eyes of US Soccer, so it's not something anyone at the club really worries about.

The ECNL was a major life-line for the club and they piggybacked it into the GDA. Gotta give EE credit for seeing what was important for the future of the club. They needed to keep the female membership in order to pay the bills. Without a high-level playing option for girls they would have lost players to Team Boca or Weston. Girls soccer would be dead and that would have hurt the bottom line. When ECNL brought the Florida clubs into the league Team Boca were out performing BU and the other Palm Beach Co. clubs, but TB leadership failed to seize the opportunity. I do think EE wanted high level soccer for girls and wanted to be the first Palm Beach Co club that get ECNL. Again, he did what he needed to do to keep the club floating.

I don’t have a pony in the race. I don’t have kids involved anymore so I feel I can express what I have seen and what I perceive to be the situation. The only people coming on here to defend what is going on at BU are the people getting paid. You heard a response of go run for a BOD spot if you want change, but no defense of what is going on at the club. Good coaching, college support, results on the field, they can't really say those things are going well. I must say that EE is a good coach and he does have a couple guys on the staff that are also very good coaches, but not many, they are not deep. Much of the coaching staff are poor, and should not be coaching at the DA level. They also couldn't tell you the difference between Broward or Brown, and don't have the connections to get either college coach out to see you play. Parents and kids do much of what is needed for college recruiting. It is what it is.

Comment

Surprisingly there have been rumblings among the non-coaching leadership at the club. I think a number of coaches and directors are on double secret probation, but it’s difficult to make any real changes. Structural changes are possible, but in the end EE could just take his ball and leave West Boca. There are no metrics that matter with customer satisfaction at the club either because there really isn’t anything that can be done. If people aren’t happy, so what...
      Some BOD members and membership know that if DA goes, so goes competitive high level soccer. They are stuck more or less. US Soccer doesn’t seem to mind the performance level, and there are far worse DA clubs in the DA so they are able to stay under the radar. The SE conference on the boys side is very good and when BU play outside the region/conference they do ok. College placement doesn't matter in the eyes of US Soccer, so it's not something anyone at the club really worries about.

The ECNL was a major life-line for the club and they piggybacked it into the GDA. Gotta give EE credit for seeing what was important for the future of the club. They needed to keep the female membership in order to pay the bills. Without a high-level playing option for girls they would have lost players to Team Boca or Weston. Girls soccer would be dead and that would have hurt the bottom line. When ECNL brought the Florida clubs into the league Team Boca were out performing BU and the other Palm Beach Co. clubs, but TB leadership failed to seize the opportunity. I do think EE wanted high level soccer for girls and wanted to be the first Palm Beach Co club that get ECNL. Again, he did what he needed to do to keep the club floating.

I don’t have a pony in the race. I don’t have kids involved anymore so I feel I can express what I have seen and what I perceive to be the situation. The only people coming on here to defend what is going on at BU are the people getting paid. You heard a response of go run for a BOD spot if you want change, but no defense of what is going on at the club. Good coaching, college support, results on the field, they can't really say those things are going well. I must say that EE is a good coach and he does have a couple guys on the staff that are also very good coaches, but not many, they are not deep. Much of the coaching staff are poor, and should not be coaching at the DA level. They also couldn't tell you the difference between Broward or Brown, and don't have the connections to get either college coach out to see you play. Parents and kids do much of what is needed for college recruiting. It is what it is.
      Spot on

Comment

EE a good coach? That is up for debate. I can honestly say that when it comes to administration there is little doubt that he is among the worst in the history of youth soccer. He is a horrible communicator and terribly disorganized. He doesn’t have enough players to make teams so he picks and chooses which ones play on the weekends. Parents can’t plan around that and what he fails to understand is they are his customers. The program as it stands may be labeled something attractive, but what it all comes down to is a pig is still a pig despite how much make up you may put on it.

Comment

I failed to emphasize the poor organization of the management along with the lack of leadership. I still believe it’s more about poor organization and the lack of understanding of youth sports, but not necessarily a bad coach. I agree, the majority of what goes on at the club is not good. It is what it is and unfortunately it’s a mess.

Comment

Why don’t BU get some other coaches, like some better coaches? Chung is pretty good, never saw EE coach, but the rest the coaches are pretty bad. If they lived in Texas they wouldn’t have jobs. They couldn’t coach at a legitimate DA or ECNL club. Maybe b teams or affiliate clubs. How do some of the non DA programs get the better coaches? Do other clubs pay more? I seriously don’t understand and want to. Does Chung get the same as some of the frauds he coaches with at BU? There is a big difference between the good coaches and the bad ones

Comment

Why don’t BU get some other coaches, like some better coaches? Chung is pretty good, never saw EE coach, but the rest the coaches are pretty bad. If they lived in Texas they wouldn’t have jobs. They couldn’t coach at a legitimate DA or ECNL club. Maybe b teams or affiliate clubs. How do some of the non DA programs get the better coaches? Do other clubs pay more? I seriously don’t understand and want to. Does Chung get the same as some of the frauds he coaches with at BU? There is a big difference between the good coaches and the bad ones
              Between EE and the Chungs, there is little money to go around with the other coaches in the club. That's why they had crap coaches and CSU rejects like Bruno, Corey and long term idiots like Chris S around.

Comment

¢RAP roaches ashideously confusedARK$pit FRAUD$pot

©®apes$TING tangLEDrum$HIPlayingORE$lum~BARS™

Comment

Between EE and the Chungs, there is little money to go around with the other coaches in the club. That's why they had crap coaches and CSU rejects like Bruno, Corey and long term idiots like Chris S around.
                  Why do you think the snack bar is always open? Gotta make payroll.

Comment

SNACK BAR$wing ROWlead$HIP rowLAND$pit $PORTax

CESAR POlice$TARdumby PAULice MINK$hop COAT$hip

CORTEZ MONTEzuma GARcon CAR$pin FILMarks$HOT.

PANelFISH fry frog chunky BOATER$lip €£vin©¥ourASH.

Comment

Did BU acquire the use of turf fields yet? Anyone know if they are looking for quality indoor space?

Comment

Did BU acquire the use of turf fields yet? Anyone know if they are looking for quality indoor space?
                        First year with BU? Don't worry. You'll catch on to their lies. Get ready for lots of cancelled practices.

Comment

I heard they and Weston went 50 - 50 on an indoor turf facility

Comment

LMAO. You heard? Then it must be true.

No chance.

Comment

Weston has an indoor turf facility? That’s funny

Comment

What is the new name of Boca United and Boynton Knights DA

Bottom line people is none of this matters! Everyone can say what they want but nothing will change!!! I can go through all your comments line by line and comment but every year it is the same BS with EE, JH and the fields but yet people go back.

Everyone thought the Boca/Boynton Merger would be the savior and of course it wasn’t. AL & GG didn’t, haven’t and will not be able to do anything to get it changed. Bring in Parkland next with RT (rumors) still won’t fix it because it is unfixable unless the Majority of the people rather than only a few go to the Federation with their complaints. There is power in numbers and that will be the only thing that possibly can make a change!

So why do they keep going back? Why do they continue to keep putting more money into their pockets?

I would say (experience) they stay year after year because it is the best option available for their child to play on the highest level team in the area. They can’t make a true high level DA (MLS) or even a Weston and even if they did not a top player so what better than your local Federation approved Academy. Now they can brag on Facebook & Instagram, post pictures & videos that their kid is an “Academy” player. The people that see that stuff pump up their ego’s because they are uneducated in the soccer world and that is what it is about “Parents” not the kids because like said in the beginning there will be no change!

Don’t get me wrong but what I have seen from years past on both boys and girls is that by the time they reach U15 they have to make a decision. 1) Do I stay and forget my hopes and dreams or 2) Do I leave a low level program where I am one of the best and see how good I really am?

I congratulate the parents of the 2004 Boy played up last year who realized this now rather than too late as many of us did and are still here for recreation and exercise for our kids to keep playing and took him to Weston. He unlike the rest will have a chance to follow his dreams unless they realize too & follow his lead and go!
                                Development – is not about winning but a winning program brings and keeps the better players and coaches!

Scouts, Colleges & MLS – don’t care about records just want to know are they coachable but records gets you invited to high level showcases

We run the best way we know how & can – not 1990’s anymore adapt to change like other DA’s so can be competitive outside BU Fence line. In house scrimmages against pre-academy team are not considered competitive. Practices need to be longer and more structure or curriculum guided!

South Florida Football Academy – Still Boca United unless CHANGE!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X