Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECNL vs Non-ECNL

There have been very "spirited" conversations on TS about this subject of which female youth soccer program is the best for being recruiting in this year of 2014 and in the future; ECNL or non-ECNL players. The article below was written earlier this month. It is a very non-biased look at both, and gives a realistic outlook for soccer recruiting in college going forward.

http://www.d1soccerrecruiting.com/ec...e-data-reveal/
    ECNL club
    75.54%
    non-ECNL club
    24.46%

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There have been very "spirited" conversations on TS about this subject of which female youth soccer program is the best for being recruiting in this year of 2014 and in the future; ECNL or non-ECNL players. The article below was written earlier this month. It is a very non-biased look at both, and gives a realistic outlook for soccer recruiting in college going forward.

says the guy that is trying to convince himself that everything he's put into ecnl has been worth it. Hey OP, my kid is playing D1 and she isn't on the list. Very few of her club's players are - as it is a self-reporting website - and the parents of the players on my kid's team hardly know what the internet is about... they don't have time like you and I (us working stiffs) Also, of the players on my kid's team 13 are heading to Di, One to DII, and one to DIII.

Next time use stats that are factual - like actual roster spots given to these girls - when they are actually ON a roster somewhere. so try again using 2011, 2013 and 2014. Not who shows up on a self-reporting list. THought you had something til I started reading it.

Comment

forgot I meant to give you a thumbs down for your thread

Comment

Just more Orlando City bull!!!. Anyone can manipulate stats. Let's compare number of D1 recruits in the State of Florida.

What a joke.

Comment

says the guy that is trying to convince himself that everything he's put into ecnl has been worth it. Hey OP, my kid is playing D1 and she isn't on the list. Very few of her club's players are - as it is a self-reporting website - and the parents of the players on my kid's team hardly know what the internet is about... they don't have time like you and I (us working stiffs) Also, of the players on my kid's team 13 are heading to Di, One to DII, and one to DIII.

Next time use stats that are factual - like actual roster spots given to these girls - when they are actually ON a roster somewhere. so try again using 2011, 2013 and 2014. Not who shows up on a self-reporting list. THought you had something til I started reading it.
          Very defensive. Happy for you and your daughter! The data is self reported but verified by coaches. The number of recruits is very close to the total number of girls on rosters. The facts are the facts - ECNL teams place more girls on D1 rosters and a greater % of the girls that play on ECNL go on to play D1 when compared to non-ECNL. You don't have to be in an ECNL club, but it certainly doesn't hurt. You dont have to like the data, but to call it not factual is very dishonest. Good luck to your daughter.

Comment

Just more Orlando City bull!!!. Anyone can manipulate stats. Let's compare number of D1 recruits in the State of Florida.

What a joke.
            As you FKK people say - facts are facts. ECNL is not the only way, but it helps.

Comment

There are 72 ECNL clubs...of course there's going to be more girls who are not ECNL going to college. Probably 72 non-ECNL clubs in FLA alone...

Comment

Unlike you, I found the article very interesting!

I do not expect you to tell me who your daughter is and her year, but I would expect you to give out the club's name she plays for. Only because I think you a re full of it when it comes to your line that "13 players heading to D-1" and none are listed on the "Women's Soccer Recruiting Spreadsheet" (see this link

https://sites.google.com/site/soccerrecruits/

The writer of the article mentions your complaint so it was not like he was trying to slip one over on you.

"1.The analysis I will present is based on incomplete data. The recruiting spreadsheet relies on information provided by players, parents, and high school/club coaches (and on confirmation by college coaches). It does not include all committed recruits, but with over 3,600 recruits from the 2014, 2015, and 2016 high school graduation years, I think most would say that it is by far the most complete list available."

Again, which club did your daughter play for that had 13 D-1 commits but only 1 D-2 commit?

Comment

The stats really don't even matter. If you want to know which avenue gives your daughter the best chance of playing at the next level just simply ask college coaches where they recruit from. Which source do they go to first? Where do they get their best talent?

The answers will not be absolute but they will tell you they look at the ECNL clubs first, and find the talent top notch. Simple. You don't have to play ECNL to get to D1 but it certainly doesn't hurt.

Comment

As you FKK people say - facts are facts. ECNL is not the only way, but it helps.
                    "facts are facts. ECNL is not the only way, but it helps."

excellent summation. No hype, nor negativity. good job

Comment

The parents of your daughter's teammates do not know what the internet is all about? This is 2014!!! Then you say "13 players were recruited to D-1 schools" and the parents do not know what the internet is about? You are full of yourself today! I bet your nose went straight through your computer screen while you were writing that post!

By the way, I thought it was a good artice.

Comment

The statistical analysis is interesting, but as with all statistics it relies on data. As such a few things to remember:

- The spreadsheet data integrity relies upon significantly incomplete and unverified information.
                        - To draw conclusions from the data - especially when he tries to project future results from past performance- the author has to make significant assumptions. The biggest one being that "all ECNL clubs are created equal". Being recruited by a top25 school is a lot more likely from some ECNL clubs than others.

I've seen the referenced spreadsheet before. It's a useful tool in some respects- I used it to see what positions were being recruited at my daughter's top 3 school choices. But to use it to make sweeping generalizations is a little more than it can withstand.

Comment

The stats really don't even matter. If you want to know which avenue gives your daughter the best chance of playing at the next level just simply ask college coaches where they recruit from. Which source do they go to first? Where do they get their best talent?

The answers will not be absolute but they will tell you they look at the ECNL clubs first, and find the talent top notch. Simple. You don't have to play ECNL to get to D1 but it certainly doesn't hurt.
                          I guess since my player made it to a solid D1 without ECNL, and that's now the exception, that makes her even more "elite"... lol

Comment

About a year ago I did the same analysis on this website using the same spreadsheet. I would just say that the data on the spread sheet is probably incomplete however, there is enough data to draw some conclusions. The conclusions that I would draw are that ECNL does help with regard to college recruiting in comparison to non-ecnl(a Higher perccentage of players are recruited from ECNL) and that there are plenty of non-ecnl players that can achieve the same results.

Comment

Fully agree with you that if your with an average club that makes no effort to focus on kids that wins no state Championships that goes to no showcases that has poor coaching that has poor knowledge of the college process and most importantly that does not care about my child then going the ECNL route is the easiest if it makes sense. Just know that we have found that FKK cares and provides everything my child needs. Thank you and I'm sure it will all work out for your daughter with the love and care and attention she gets from OC. Goodnight and sleep well we do…..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X