TBU West Teams Playing in CDL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oops. Largo DC. Meant DOC of course... thanks to my phone for making that change. I certainly do not wish to imply the prior Largo DOC was a DC comics super hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      All senior teams for sure are playing at least CDL level with a couple teams playing Region III. My son plays in the senior age groups. I'm fairly certain many of the younger age groups are also moving to CDL.
      Ummm no Largo teams will be playing Region III, again what age groups from Largo will be playing in CDL?

Comment

News coming out of TBU West yesterday is the former Largo United teams will no longer be playing in the USA league but will be participating in CDL starting this season. Teams already experienced a boost in talent based on the TBU name alone. The move to CDL will only attract more talent. It may take a few years but expect continuous improvement for the TBU West clubs.
        Interesting... the Largo United SC 99/00 Girls finished last (8th) in USA Premier Division and would have been relegated to USA D-2. That being said, I think they'll do well in CDL.

Comment

CDL is only as good as the teams the big clubs put in it. The younger ages are strong, but as it get older it get weaker. Still think that some of the Sr groups are better than USA, but not all. The best thing is the drive is 2 hr most for the longest drive from Largo I believe, and that is only two times the entire season to Orlando. It is a lot worse if you are in Orlando coming to Tampa. Another cool thing is if you have more than one kid around the same age, they are at one location. USA does have the better Website. If you expect to see a world of difference in better teams, Not so much with the big clubs best in NPL, ECNL, FSPL, R3PL. TBU by far does the best with still having a good 2nd team and sometimes 3rd. Chargers and WFF do not most of the time, but can surprize. In the end you will like it better than USA, but don't brace yourself to be overwhelmed with greatness.

Comment

Ummm no Largo teams will be playing Region III, again what age groups from Largo will be playing in CDL?
            The club's websites say that up through u12 will play CDL. And it says senior teams will be placed based upon ability.

Unless TBU is in the habit of lying on their website, I will go with that rather than info from this message board.

Comment

As far as Talking Soccer is concerned, it doesn't really matter where TBU West will play. If they all played in GYSA or USA, then the idiots would pounce on the weak league. If they all are to be placed in CDL, then a different group of idiots would either denounce the quality of the league or how TBU west can't compete in that league. Same is teue for any other league.

Fact is, haters gonna hate. Regardless of what this club does. The immaturity will reign supreme on TS. Always has, always will.

Haters will have their reasons... Could be that their kid sat the bench at Largo. Or AS didnt sign up for enough tournaments. Or maybe the hater has a beef with TBU itself. Maybe the hater doesn't like the coach their kid had a Largo. Who knows.

I am always amazed by the grown adults here that spend their time hating a club that they don't belong to. It's like watching teenage girls gossip about the girl in class that they don't like.

Comment

As far as Talking Soccer is concerned, it doesn't really matter where TBU West will play. If they all played in GYSA or USA, then the idiots would pounce on the weak league. If they all are to be placed in CDL, then a different group of idiots would either denounce the quality of the league or how TBU west can't compete in that league. Same is teue for any other league.

Fact is, haters gonna hate. Regardless of what this club does. The immaturity will reign supreme on TS. Always has, always will.

Haters will have their reasons... Could be that their kid sat the bench at Largo. Or AS didnt sign up for enough tournaments. Or maybe the hater has a beef with TBU itself. Maybe the hater doesn't like the coach their kid had a Largo. Who knows.

I am always amazed by the grown adults here that spend their time hating a club that they don't belong to. It's like watching teenage girls gossip about the girl in class that they don't like.
                Well said. I have direct knowledge of the placement of several of the senior teams and I assure you the posts regarding CDL for most of the senior teams AND Region III and NPL for a couple of the teams is absolutely correct.

CDL home games for TBU West will be played at Monroe Field in Tampa.

Comment

Well said. I have direct knowledge of the placement of several of the senior teams and I assure you the posts regarding CDL for most of the senior teams AND Region III and NPL for a couple of the teams is absolutely correct.

Why has someone that voices an opinion got to be labelled a 'hater'?That retort always makes the poster sound insecure.

Comment

Why has someone that voices an opinion got to be labelled a 'hater'?That retort always makes the poster sound insecure.
                    Haters make themselves obvious. The label does not Pply to posters whoactually offer a mature opinion based on facts. Haters are the "lipstick on a pig" antagonizer. The Celtics Bitch poster, the "this league sucks/that league sucks" guy. The "oh they were only 4th in their league so they can't compete" doofus.

If one takes offense to being called a hater, then they probably are one. If someone who does not like TBU (or Largo) then why would they waste their time to click on the link, read everything in it, then post some grade school insult? Because they are a hater.

Isn't that exactly what haters do? Seek out things to bloviate on? Haters will insult or downplay anything the one they hate does. Good or bad. Fact or fiction.

Comment

BTW, being offended by being labeled or called a name also makes a poster sound insecure. If you aren't one, then dismiss it. Right?

Comment

Interesting... the Largo United SC 99/00 Girls finished last (8th) in USA Premier Division and would have been relegated to USA D-2. That being said, I think they'll do well in CDL.
                        Funny, they were going to be placed in D2?

Comment

How is that funny? Are you laughing at a group of young girls not being the best? Is it funny that they would bypass Division 1 and go to division 2? Or is it just funny that you, as a grown adult cares about a team of little girls that you have no connection to?

Comment

Or is it funny that he thinks Premier is division 1?

Comment

Speaking of fields.....watching my son have to play on the tbu fields twice last year was a real hoot. Not sure what the fees are but the conditions on the moon have to be better. They're not safe and a poor reflection of your club. Can you imagine a DA or ecnl official touring that dump?? How about a little sod before merging with another po dunk clubs.....which you sure appear to be

Comment

Speaking of fields.....watching my son have to play on the tbu fields twice last year was a real hoot. Not sure what the fees are but the conditions on the moon have to be better. They're not safe and a poor reflection of your club. Can you imagine a DA or ecnl official touring that dump?? How about a little sod before merging with another po dunk clubs.....which you sure appear to be
                                Evidently, you sir, have never even played soccer on the moon. If you had, you would know thT the game is over after the second touch at best becaue the ball goes flying off into space. not to me toon the travel expenses and danger to the kids. duh! ever watch Apollo 13? How ignorant are you?

What an idiot. Then again, if you had any knowledge of the fields at TBU west, you would be equally ignorant.

Pele played barefoot into his teen years. Keep telling yourself that the playing surface is the key to youth soccer. Moron.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X