Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You shouldn't be too focused on winning below U14 anyway. Until the kids have all physically matured and are on a level playing field, the better teams tend to be those with the biggest kids as opposed to those who have the best players. You want the teams strong at U15 and above when college coaches are taking a look. Don't get too hung up on results too young.
    I just read this and laughed. I sat through a parent complaint seesion last year to Tom and one of the several new coaches. The parents flat out said, we should be focused on winning. They did not want to see development of the whole group. They wanted seperation of players and wins. I agree with you and wish your message could be heard by all of the famlies. So with that said, maybe with the lack of coaching consistancy, and you saying what the parents shoudl want but dont follow, which by the way is also stated on the FC website, is a sign of what I originally worried about. I don't know why we had to become so inconsistant last year. So frustrating. I thought we had a good thing going. I hope we see more leadership this year.

Comment

The Podunk Jax Southeast Cup is two weeks away and still no accepted teams or schedules. Relax....

Comment

My personal belief which may not be popular is that developing players over team is more important at the younger age groups and that it is more important that every kid play than it is to win. As the father of a graduating U18 who will be playing in college and also a U15, I can tell you that my older son was not top 11 on his team as a younger player but became a top player as he got older. Had coaches given up on him and not played him he wouldn't be playing in college next year.

Comment

we got the 'waiting list' message today

they must be getting close to posting the list

Comment

Accepted and Paid

we got the 'waiting list' message today

they must be getting close to posting the list
            We got the Accepted and Payment Accepted email today, so they must just be waiting on the last of the list to see who doesn't pay, before accepting the 'bubble' teams.

If it helps the speculation, we are close to being a bubble team. We were accepted a while ago but are not highly ranked.

Comment

Agree

My personal belief which may not be popular is that developing players over team is more important at the younger age groups and that it is more important that every kid play than it is to win. As the father of a graduating U18 who will be playing in college and also a U15, I can tell you that my older son was not top 11 on his team as a younger player but became a top player as he got older. Had coaches given up on him and not played him he wouldn't be playing in college next year.
              Could not agree more. We have so many kids that look good early and would deserve all the playing time based on size and speed alone. Then we have kids that have great skill and get run over early on. How crazy is it that parents want to see merit based separation to the extreme at early ages? Chances are their early star has just grown early. in some cases its a true gift, but most of the time its size and strength. These things can really even out over time. I played in college, but SUCKED as a younger player. It wasn't really a lack of skills. I was just a runt. A runt that kept growing through college.

Comment

The scenario I've experienced is that the parents of the better younger players don't want to lose and would rather sacrifice the lesser players development in order to win. If they don't get their way, they leave. Then the quality of all players drops off and the lesser players wind up playing poorly or on weak teams. Parents shake their heads when clubs and coaches talk development but in the back of their minds they're saying "not my son".

Comment

Another idiot. Go away troll.
                  nice to see Machester united back and playing so well under new Dutch Head coach. The one year experience of hiring and English coach with a top flight EPL team failed.

Comment

The scenario I've experienced is that the parents of the better younger players don't want to lose and would rather sacrifice the lesser players development in order to win. If they don't get their way, they leave. Then the quality of all players drops off and the lesser players wind up playing poorly or on weak teams. Parents shake their heads when clubs and coaches talk development but in the back of their minds they're saying "not my son".
                    "development" really every time I hear this I laugh , the clubs only care about $$ if you hear the "d" word run with your money.

Comment

The Podunk Jax Southeast Cup is two weeks away and still no accepted teams or schedules. Relax....
                      Like most things in Florida Youth Soccer, it should be released by Aug. 1

Comment

"development" really every time I hear this I laugh , the clubs only care about $$ if you hear the "d" word run with your money.
                        Well, yes, clubs have to care about money to remain operational they, like every other endeavor, have bills to pay. But needing to be mindful of income does not automatically mean they don't care about player development, quality experience, etc. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

You do realize that people in all sorts of so-called noble professions / positions (doctors, employees of charities, NGO workers, etc.) also get paid and have to be mindful of $$, as you put it. Does not necessarily mean that all they care about is $$, and not the purpose they serve? How about you--in your professional life, although you (likely) are paid for your services, is that all you care about, do you not also care about the quality of your work, results, effect on others? Are you starting to see how people can and need to have simultaneous interests and motivations? Please stop viewing everything about clubs, in general, and FC FL, in particular, in stark black and white, childlike fashion. We're all adults here, the thinking and commentary needs to be more mature and refined than your constant infantile worldview.

Comment

nice to see Machester united back and playing so well under new Dutch Head coach. The one year experience of hiring and English coach with a top flight EPL team failed.
                          Just look what happened to FCA after the English ran George Sasvari out. Did anyone ever believe they would miss George?

Comment

Well, yes, clubs have to care about money to remain operational they, like every other endeavor, have bills to pay. But needing to be mindful of income does not automatically mean they don't care about player development, quality experience, etc. They are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

You do realize that people in all sorts of so-called noble professions / positions (doctors, employees of charities, NGO workers, etc.) also get paid and have to be mindful of $$, as you put it. Does not necessarily mean that all they care about is $$, and not the purpose they serve? How about you--in your professional life, although you (likely) are paid for your services, is that all you care about, do you not also care about the quality of your work, results, effect on others? Are you starting to see how people can and need to have simultaneous interests and motivations? Please stop viewing everything about clubs, in general, and FC FL, in particular, in stark black and white, childlike fashion. We're all adults here, the thinking and commentary needs to be more mature and refined than your constant infantile worldview.
                            bla, bla, bla either Fc pays your bills,or you are blind. I have yet to see any professional soccer player "developed" as you put it in any club.maybe be moe specific to the parents - look your kid will never play professional , maybe slim chance will get a scholarchip but we need the $$ Ching Ching

Comment

bla, bla, bla either Fc pays your bills,or you are blind. I have yet to see any professional soccer player "developed" as you put it in any club.maybe be moe specific to the parents - look your kid will never play professional , maybe slim chance will get a scholarchip but we need the $$ Ching Ching
                              LOL--maybe if you spent more time training with your kid and less crying like a baby on TS your kid too would get a free ride. hahaha

Comment

Curious exactly where do you volunteer your time 3-4 days a week, every week, for about 9 months out of the year? Oh, what's that nowhere because you are too busy whining and complaining like a baby on TS. Nice, D-bag.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X