Dan Borislow Fakes His Demise?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Dan was like most tycoons I know. Very opinionated and driven to the point of being a real pain to anyone who disagreed. I feel for his kid. I hope she is taken care of and has good support around her. She was living a princess life where daddy would provide the best players on her team and fly her all over the world. This has to be a shock to her.

Comment

I for one can't believe these hateful comments. I don't know one person who has ever made such an enormous financial investment in youth soccer. Even in death the family has asked for donations to go to youth soccer. The man wasn't perfect. Nobody is perfect. He was, however, a tremendously generous benefactor for the game.

Comment

Pbsa

To use donations for the production and distribution of training videos for underprivileged youth
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_cyS6xc0CZM

Comment

Truly disturbing

The fact that someone would even start a thread like this is probably one of the most disturbing things I have ever come across. This forum seems to be turning into a national enquirer type of gossip column. People should be given the chance to grieve and not have to read this kind of crap. "Daddy" was always there for me. Never has anyone said such kind things about my feet and taken care of me the way he did. RIP Daddy! Thanks for everything...

Comment

I didn't like the guy but I do admire his entrepreneurial spirit. He made a lot of money through pure determination & grit. What he did to women's soccer wasn't all that great. Having said that, starting a thread like this is really in poor taste. Regardless of if you loved him or hated him threads like this shouldn't be started. It should probably be locked.

Comment

I suggest we honor Dan's memory by telling our own personal story about him and how he affected our lives. This would be far more productive.

Comment

Ok, I will go first

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                I suggest we honor Dan's memory by telling our own personal story about him and how he affected our lives. This would be far more productive.
                My daughter's team beat Dan's team when they were very young, but as soon as he started paying for players to move in from other states, and giving "free soccer" and "free personal benefits" to the best players in the country that would accept them and come play for him, then he won. He bought a team to surround his daughter, and because he had the kind of money that no one else did, he did not compete on a level playing field, and "cheated" to win -- He bought State Cups and other championships. Florida kids paid the price in sadness, and being upset that they could not bring in the couple of more players that they needed to win because their teams did not have the money to do so. In retrospect, given how short he had left to live, if this brought him happiness, at the expense of so many local Florida girls, then good for him. The kids that benefited were his daughter, and then the kids that he brought in and "financed" their entire youth --- However, make no mistake, Dan only brought in girls that were great players or great athletes, and once he found someone better to fill a position, then he merely ended the benefits for the kid that was no longer good enough.

Comment

My daughter's team beat Dan's team when they were very young, but as soon as he started paying for players to move in from other states, and giving "free soccer" and "free personal benefits" to the best players in the country that would accept them and come play for him, then he won. He bought a team to surround his daughter, and because he had the kind of money that no one else did, he did not compete on a level playing field, and "cheated" to win -- He bought State Cups and other championships. Florida kids paid the price in sadness, and being upset that they could not bring in the couple of more players that they needed to win because their teams did not have the money to do so. In retrospect, given how short he had left to live, if this brought him happiness, at the expense of so many local Florida girls, then good for him. The kids that benefited were his daughter, and then the kids that he brought in and "financed" their entire youth --- However, make no mistake, Dan only brought in girls that were great players or great athletes, and once he found someone better to fill a position, then he merely ended the benefits for the kid that was no longer good enough.
                  I thought I said honor his memory....

Comment

Imagine if he had supported sunrise. Bad joke. I feel bad for the family, i feel for a loss of life, but lets not applaud the guy for his contribution to soccer. Everything I ever resd about him and professional women's soccer was a horror story.

Comment

This just Is not right!

But neither was he. The mere fact that his presence has manifested this thread says all that needs to be said. My sincerest condolences to the family.

Comment

It's completely right! Dan seemed to thrive on controversy and a good fight. He would never sugar coat anything. He'd be miserable if he knew that people would make him into Mother Theresa. That he's being discussed and debated is a testament to his life. I'm sure he's probably figured out how to run things wherever he is. Step aside...there's a new sheriff in town.

Comment

It's completely right! Dan seemed to thrive on controversy and a good fight. He would never sugar coat anything. He'd be miserable if he knew that people would make him into Mother Theresa. That he's being discussed and debated is a testament to his life. I'm sure he's probably figured out how to run things wherever he is. Step aside...there's a new sheriff in town.
                          Hopefully his badge and gun are heat resistant

Comment

I just read the Stetson U men's soccer coach passed away at 54 years young.

Comment

I just read the Stetson U men's soccer coach passed away at 54 years young.
                              You are a little late. He passed away last week! I also have no idea why you would post that on this thread. It has its own thread!!!!

Comment

You are a little late. He passed away last week! I also have no idea why you would post that on this thread. It has its own thread!!!!
                                Back in Jan. 1889 William Cropper, age 26 passed as the result of a ruptured bowl sustained in a match agains Grimsby Town...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X