Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancelotti's Top Ten Watch List

Peter, JA sent me the link to the new scout list for 2015. Some interesting picks on defense and midfield. I know you are in South FL next week for that combine and thought you might be visiting two of these. Let me know your thoughts. JK

http://ancelotti.webstarts.com/?r=20140711113020

John you travel warrior where are you..I am sitting in ATL delayed again. I agree with JA and had seven defenders on my monitor list as well. I think Velela, Pines and Arellano are the best from my perspective. Ramos from CA has the potential to become a true star and I have seen him take over a game and really control the middle.
    I had six midfielders that we are targeting and Swanson, del la Torre, Perez and Lindley are my top four. I enjoyed watching Mendes play and I do think he has the capability of becoming a impact player.
    The forwards I think JA was more on target, I had eight that I am watching. Pulisic, Wright, Lennon and Hammil are the top four I have as well. I was able to see Hammil and Wright two weeks ago in OH at the combine and was very impressed. Wright has a an great first turn and finishes very strong. Hammil was one of the fastest players I have scouted and he has a great feel for the game, I saw him play Disney last year and knew he would be an impact player. One player that I also really like is Calderon, he doesn't have great speed but he is quick and shifty. My server will be up tomorrow EM there. PD

Comment

John what is up. Checked out the list and I did agree with JA mostly. I really like Ramos, Velela,Pines and Hernandez on the defensive side. Although Arellano has some great forst moves for a defender, I believe he might be the strongest central defender of the bunch.
      Forwards I had Lennon, Calderon, Hammil and Wright so almost the same as the top, but I think Calderon would be my pick over Pulisic. I heard from Rick who was also at the OH combine and he said the same things about Hammil and his speed and finishing ability. I hope to see him at one of the combines coming up.
      Midfielders were a tough group, looking at where we are at right now I believe Perez, Lindley,Swanson and Mendes are who I am being ask to monitor. I have seen Lindley and Swanson and they are both very strong players with good vision, Swanson seems to be able to head anything in that is remotely close to him. I will leave the goalkeepers to you. Safe travels see you in Oregon in a couple weeks.
      RM

Comment

Thoughts: Defense I really like Velela, Barbir, Hernandez and Pines. Barbir is solid across the board at any defensive position and seems the most versatile and I think can make a huge impact this season.
        The midfield was much harder I had a couple of players that were on the bubble but this could be a break out year for them. I think he has at least the top four that matches up with my take. Swanson, Lindley, Del la Torre and I also had Mason out of CT.
        The forwards/strikers are a good group and tough to separate. I did have Calderon and Hammil as my top picks. Rick is right about Hammil's speed and touch as we saw. Calderon is a smart player who knows how to attack.
        Goalkeepers my favorites are Clemens, Verdi and Hale.

Contrascout is back up, switch to that.
        JK

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X