Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know, hand picked must have meant they lost all their fingers. For all of Globall's/RR's experience with marketing, they have really fallen down on this. It could have been so much better if they had tried a little harder. A year later and they still didn't learn from their mistakes.
    Obviously you're just giving your uninformed opinion. Because if you knew the changes that were underway, you wouldn't say that. They completely admit their mistakes of last year, and have made moves to correct them.

Comment

Obviously you're just giving your uninformed opinion. Because if you knew the changes that were underway, you wouldn't say that. They completely admit their mistakes of last year, and have made moves to correct them.
      No, I'm referring mostly to promoting and marketing to the players they are trying to attract, especially before tryouts. I gave them a pass last year due to the whole organizational changes. They didn't have their act together at the critical time last year, and this year they still did things too late really. I realize some information could not be shared publicly until now, but they still came off as "figuring it out as they go". The changes may all be positive, but it's too little, too late in terms of getting depth.

Hopefully they turn things around -- LI could use something done right. But sadly if they truly do become a destination for the high level players that are at other clubs, most of the players that are currently there wouldn't make the team going forward. But that's the way it should be on any of these teams -- it shouldn't be a walk on.

Comment

No, I'm referring mostly to promoting and marketing to the players they are trying to attract, especially before tryouts. I gave them a pass last year due to the whole organizational changes. They didn't have their act together at the critical time last year, and this year they still did things too late really. I realize some information could not be shared publicly until now, but they still came off as "figuring it out as they go". The changes may all be positive, but it's too little, too late in terms of getting depth.

Hopefully they turn things around -- LI could use something done right. But sadly if they truly do become a destination for the high level players that are at other clubs, most of the players that are currently there wouldn't make the team going forward. But that's the way it should be on any of these teams -- it shouldn't be a walk on.
        I agree that it is a shame information could not be shared publicly until now. There would have been a greater response. But plans have been in the works for quite awhile. As far as too little, too late. I don't think so. Stay tuned....

Comment

The top players still interested in doing GDA will do what they can to get themselves to the better clubs and away from the poor quality ones. The division from top the bottom in the league that already exists will only get worse. A top player isn't going to go to LISC or other bottom dweller if they think the coaching or quality of teammates isn't up to snuff. Their year one record isn't doing them any favors. Any changes they were making should have been made two months ago as players started deciding what they were going to do next season.

Comment

I agree that it is a shame information could not be shared publicly until now. There would have been a greater response. But plans have been in the works for quite awhile. As far as too little, too late. I don't think so. Stay tuned....
            It will be interesting so see how it all plays out...reshuffle the deck...

Comment

It will be interesting so see how it all plays out...reshuffle the deck...
              LISC 2004 lost most of its strongest players to other clubs and rumor has it that PR is doing the hard sell of Alby GDA to Fury's current reserve players, ones that might've opted for LISC to get more PT.

In all sincerity, where is LISC going to get the players to field these 2 GDA squads?

Comment

LISC 2004 lost most of its strongest players to other clubs and rumor has it that PR is doing the hard sell of Alby GDA to Fury's current reserve players, ones that might've opted for LISC to get more PT.

In all sincerity, where is LISC going to get the players to field these 2 GDA squads?
                Idk, but they must be paying BOTN a fortune!!! LM is really shilling for them these days, posting full color tryout ads in the body of multiple threads. Smells a little desperate

Comment

How is he countering the lisc coaching magnet?

Comment

I don't know what that means...

Comment

Idk, but they must be paying BOTN a fortune!!! LM is really shilling for them these days, posting full color tryout ads in the body of multiple threads. Smells a little desperate
                      Wreaks of desperation is more like it, like a dead animal out in the sun for three days. Any half decent players landed their spots weeks if not months ago. They're not a new club so it's not like they came in last minute.

Comment

Who will coach the girls? At lisc they will have MF.

Comment

Will they have any girls to coach? I’m not being sarcastic. Will they field DA teams? I don’t know anyone that is there and I am fairly well connected as to what is happening with the 2004s, 2005s and 2006s. Thanks.

Comment

Will they have any girls to coach? I’m not being sarcastic. Will they field DA teams? I don’t know anyone that is there and I am fairly well connected as to what is happening with the 2004s, 2005s and 2006s. Thanks.
                            Don't know. All these clubs and teams competing for players should in theory be good for the players. Are they competing on coaching? Price? Less travel? Facilites? Location? Connections? Playing time? The clubs used to compete on league offering but now there are so many teams playing in these so called high level leagues that seems to be less of a selling point. Sometimes it is not clear what the benefits are of this team or that team.

Comment

MF is a good person and decent coach. But, she is anything but a draw. I have real reservations that LISC will field any competitive teams in any age group, let alone DA.

Comment

Don't know. All these clubs and teams competing for players should in theory be good for the players. Are they competing on coaching? Price? Less travel? Facilites? Location? Connections? Playing time? The clubs used to compete on league offering but now there are so many teams playing in these so called high level leagues that seems to be less of a selling point. Sometimes it is not clear what the benefits are of this team or that team.
                                why is it good for the players? the issue is a lack of quality everything - players- coaches - facilities.

Competing for excellence is positive , competing for mediocrity is not

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X