Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progame United FC

There is an official Red Bulls Regional Development School (RDS) called Progame United FC starting up in the Bayshore area. Anyone heard anything good, bad, indifferent about them:

http://progameunitedfc.leagueapps.com/

Progame United FC

I haven't heard anything specific, but, it is run in the facility that is owned by the Junior Ducks baseball team. I do not believe that they have their own home fields. So they would be probably needing to use Town of Islip fields that they can get via permits.

Also, since the baseball team would still be the main draw at the facility, the soccer team would probably be second fiddle in terms of practices especially come winter time.

They would probably be drawing from kids from the local soccer clubs such as West Islip, Bay Shore and East Islip. Kids who either (a) didn't make one of those travel teams; (b) who want something new; or (c) made one of those teams and wants to play on two teams assuming they play NYCSL, thus, they could play on both Saturday (LIJSL) and Sunday (NYCSL).

Comment

from what i looks like on their site, they identify potential candidates for RDS...if i am reading it correctly...
      http://progameunitedfc.leagueapps.com/pages/packages

Comment

Just another pop-up club with no fields. I have no idea if they are good or bad at what they do.

Comment

I'm pretty certain that being a Red Bull training partner only means that you're paying RDS to provide you with trainers for your teams.

It doesn't indicate any level of quality whatsoever, although in my experience, the RDS trainers are better than average.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            I'm pretty certain that being a Red Bull training partner only means that you're paying RDS to provide you with trainers for your teams.

It doesn't indicate any level of quality whatsoever, although in my experience, the RDS trainers are better than average.
            The trainers are great there. I believe the trainers are either trained by red bulls or teach the same methodology. my son had sessions there and the staff is great as well. Just not sure what legue they would play/join with.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

All they are is a Redbull training partner. They are like all the affiliates who use the Redbulls. I can absolutely promise you that. Our town team uses the Redbull trainers as well. And the trainers "recommend" some players to tryout for the RDS program. And that's all it is.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X