Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    College football embraced high school football years ago and they partner in its success. USSF can do the same with soccer. Very simple fix.
    Such a weak comparison.

Skill sport vs. sport based way more on athleticism and physical attributes.

Not to mention that football in this country is prioritized at high schools, so ON AVERAGE the coaches are way more educated and competent in the sport and coaching it.

Girls soccer? Not so much. ON AVERAGE...the coach is poorly trained in coaching tactics and technical development and is basically just there to pick up an extra couple thousand to add to there meager salary.

Try again.

Comment

There is reason also to believe that the boys ECNL will continue to grow and be also a better pathway with years to come, maybe 2 more years.
      My daughter's ECNL coach just got named as the boy's ECNL commissioner. With him leading the way, I would not be surprised to see it continue to improve tremendously.

Comment

They were never going to be able to find enough female players that wanted to train 4 nights a week and then play games at the weekend. It is just too much. Most of the GDA are teams that are just going through the motions. The travel is rough as well. We are 3-4 hours from our nearest local game. Puts stress on the kids but even more stress on the parents that have to get the kids to to the games along with 4 nights of training. There really aren’t any rivals in GDA, and at times the competition just isn’t meaningful. No doubt competitive players have a standard and will work hard in whatever match is being played, but those type of kids are few, and the majority of the matches are stagnant and robotic. For whatever it’s worth, and it’s just my opinion, it seems the GDA players play like they have already reached their goal. They made a GDA team, and it’s all good, nothing more is needed, especially after they have a college commitment.

Comment

They were never going to be able to find enough female players that wanted to train 4 nights a week and then play games at the weekend. It is just too much. Most of the GDA are teams that are just going through the motions. The travel is rough as well. We are 3-4 hours from our nearest local game. Puts stress on the kids but even more stress on the parents that have to get the kids to to the games along with 4 nights of training. There really aren’t any rivals in GDA, and at times the competition just isn’t meaningful. No doubt competitive players have a standard and will work hard in whatever match is being played, but those type of kids are few, and the majority of the matches are stagnant and robotic. For whatever it’s worth, and it’s just my opinion, it seems the GDA players play like they have already reached their goal. They made a GDA team, and it’s all good, nothing more is needed, especially after they have a college commitment.
          Sounds like you are condemning GDA to an early death only after a year and a half. Agreed that the commitment is huge, but if the kids and parents are fully informed beforehand then there should be no surprises. I also agree that there are some regions that GDA and ECNL should not coexist, but other areas they can thrive. US Soccer just needs to do more research before awarding an organization a DA or GDA tag.

Comment

I agree on the HS soccer component. I understand why USSF sees little value in it. The training and quality is all over the lot. I’m sure there are some quality programs out there, but that is far from the norm. However, HS soccer is important to some players and parents.

Honestly, that’s the main reason ECNL is still in the fight for market share. The league itself isn’t more organized, cheaper, or more competitive (I understand that this is debatable, but let’s not act like it’s head and tails better right now).

If USSF don’t want players playing both at the same time because they are worried about over training or injury...fine, just realese players from rosters during HS season and let them return when it’s over. Done.
            USSF grossly underestimated appeal of HS soccer, especially among girls. So reduce the size of GDA so that its just the kids who are fully committed to the proposition. The quality will improve.. Travel will suck bu t it's already bad. If you're traveling to play quality teams its easier to swallow vs traveling ling distances for a 6-0 game.

Comment

Sounds like you are condemning GDA to an early death only after a year and a half. Agreed that the commitment is huge, but if the kids and parents are fully informed beforehand then there should be no surprises. I also agree that there are some regions that GDA and ECNL should not coexist, but other areas they can thrive. US Soccer just needs to do more research before awarding an organization a DA or GDA tag.
              Which they have not done. They care more about market share, not quality

Comment

You can go to FESA or Armada for ECNL

Comment

You can go to FESA or Armada for ECNL
                  No thank you.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X